Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 259 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Which would be rather strange since to date we've had:

Cannibalism
Multiple, graphic on-screen child murders
Barely off-screen date rape (Drogo/Dany)
On-screen attempted Rape (Sansa)
On-screen babies taken from their mothers' arms and stabbed to death in front of them
On-screen fetus stabbing
Barely off-screen castration as a means of torture
On-screen physical torture with all manner of implements
On-screen incest

But no, it's the addition of on-screen incestual rape to that list that some "feminists" decide to bleat about. :p I'm thinking there wouldn't be nearly as much incense if Jaime wasn't involved.

Yep (as Lana Kane would say). The rape below was a lot worse and did not elicit as much response around the web. I do think much of the current reaction is because the perpetrator was Jaime since he was in the process of redemption in the viewers eyes.

http://bananascoop.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/sm.jpg

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

to further my complaints about the Danaerys plotting by episode, click her path, up to current episode....look at where she traveled from the first episode all the way to outside the Dothraki capital--end of season 1.

Then through the red waste and to Quarth, season 2. Season 3 opens, she is on a boat, sailing to Astapor. For the first episode, she is on the boat making that ocean voyage; by episode two, Astapor.

Now, look at the distance traveled in the first 3 episodes so far in season 4--Yunkai to Meeren.

:colbert:

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
to further my complaints about the Danaerys plotting by episode, click her path, up to current episode....look at where she traveled from the first episode all the way to outside the Dothraki capital--end of season 1.

Then through the red waste and to Quarth, season 2. Season 3 opens, she is on a boat, sailing to Astapor. For the first episode, she is on the boat making that ocean voyage; by episode two, Astapor.

Now, look at the distance traveled in the first 3 episodes so far in season 4--Yunkai to Meeren.

Only 12 more seasons until they make it to Kings Landing.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
How does Daenerys feed her people? She has like a bazallion soldiers and she is walking though a desert. No trees, no water, no animals...

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
How does Daenerys feed her people? She has like a bazallion soldiers and she is walking though a desert. No trees, no water, no animals...

I would assume sacking one city and more or less making the other one surrender to you would give you some supplies.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I give him credit for considering his fellow forum mates. A little courtesy is all it takes.

Now lets all smoke a joint and sing kumbaya. :awe:
The 2 who got booted out of here (blankslate and mongrel) are raging in the spoilers thread about the posters over in this thread being 'unintelligent' in deciphering the plot and their exclusion from the fun. And the last post in the spoilers thread (right now) is complaining that this thread is being 'spoilt' by closet readers hmph.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
The person I called out in this thread for closet spoiling in this thread pmed me. The only way he would know that I was talking about him would have been to click on a spoiler that I clearly marked as a story spoiler which basically confirmed for me he's read the books and is now posting in here attempting to seem cool when he gets things right.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

Patience Zin. Her plot will circle back to the forefront sooner or later, and then you can bitch about Tyrion's "slogging" plotline.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Patience Zin. Her plot will circle back to the forefront sooner or later, and then you can bitch about Tyrion's "slogging" plotline.

well, he's been between marriage and prison for the last ~7 episodes or so. So yeah, Tyrion is definitely slogging without the boozing and whoring and now with Joffrey dead, his bag of insults will be seldom used. :colbert:

at least Lady Oleana is still around to fill the void

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The person I called out in this thread for closet spoiling in this thread pmed me. The only way he would know that I was talking about him would have been to click on a spoiler that I clearly marked as a story spoiler which basically confirmed for me he's read the books and is now posting in here attempting to seem cool when he gets things right.
Horseshit.

Here it is folks:

Someone in this thread is a closet book reader trying to seem omniscient and its not mongrel. Clicking this will spoil things for you.

I personally also think zinfamous is a closet book reader looking to say omg I guessed right I'm so cool!!!

Don't look at his past posts if you don't want spoilers.

No, that isn't a spoiler, people; so feel free to look. It's just him accusing me of reading shitty fantasy books, as Mongrel did...so at that time, I obviously assumed he was talking about me and so I looked at his "spoiler" and well, what I expected.

Look, if I'm right about something, I'm right about something. Probably wrong about more things than right. I assure you am not trying to "seem cool" or whatever. At least I, or the rest of you, don't know what I have said that turns about to be right. whatever, some of us will be right about something some of the times. Also, people do pay attention to details.

Anyhoo, the only reason I bring this back up is because I see no reason to be accused of the type of tomfoolery I would never engage in. Those of you who have posted their love for certain genres of books and movies, and have been victimized by my responses to your gauche tastes, would never accuse me of reading these books. :D

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000

So, how do you know her plotline is going to come to the forefront while Tyrion starts slogging the moment Tyrion is accused of killing the King, imprisoned and set to be tried for regicide? Tyrion has had the least slogging plotline up to this point and has been featured prominently in almost every episode.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So, how do you know her plotline is going to come to the forefront while Tyrion starts slogging the moment Tyrion is accused of killing the King, imprisoned and set to be tried for regicide? Tyrion has had the least slogging plotline up to this point and has been featured prominently in almost every episode.

I read that as irishscott being generally annoyed with my complaining about most of the boring plot lines right now--as he has been in some earlier posts--such as "you'd even complain about Tyrion's plot slogging!"

but, now that you mention it... :hmm:

Last edited:

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Horseshit.

Here it is folks:

No, that isn't a spoiler, people; so feel free to look. It's just him accusing me of reading shitty fantasy books, as Mongrel did...so at that time, I obviously assumed he was talking about me and so I looked at his "spoiler" and well, what I expected.

Look, if I'm right about something, I'm right about something. Probably wrong about more things than right. I assure you am not trying to "seem cool" or whatever. At least I, or the rest of you, don't know what I have said that turns about to be right. whatever, some of us will be right about something some of the times. Also, people do pay attention to details.

Anyhoo, the only reason I bring this back up is because I see no reason to be accused of the type of tomfoolery I would never engage in. Those of you who have posted their love for certain genres of books and movies, and have been victimized by my responses to your gauche tastes, would never accuse me of reading these books. :D

For a non book reader that should be concered about the this will spoil things for you in my post you didn't hesistate to click the spoiler and see that it was about you. You can play dumb, but you have read the books, or at least gone to google to see the main plot points. Your posts tell the tale. I suggest no one go back and look to confirm because he's playing dumb.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
For a non book reader that should be concered about the this will spoil things for you in my post you didn't hesistate to click the spoiler and see that it was about you. You can play dumb, but you have read the books, or at least gone to google to see the main plot points. Your posts tell the tale. I suggest no one go back and look to confirm because he's playing dumb.

This is not a witch hunt.

He clicked it because we know you're no longer allowed to post actual spoilers or you will receive a ban / infraction. I didn't hesitate to click it either. :colbert:

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER:
Dumbledore kills Snape and Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's half-step uncle.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
My personal opinion based on years of reading zinfamous's posts is that he is not the type of person to do it. Also, iirc his posts, I can't seem to remember any spoilers he has posted.

I also could give less than two shits what people who have been banned from this thread say. They got banned for repeatedly, and I do mean repeatedly, posting spoilers ruining it for the rest of us. Based on the character of those people who are making accusations, I give them no credence.