Gaga Super Bowl performance

Feb 4, 2009
what did she do that has my conservative friends so pissed off? I can't figure out what was done

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Basically her goal was to expose conservative hypocrisy. She censored her lyrics (even replaced "gay" with "beige"); she wore a conservative (for her) outfit, she mentioned "God" or "Lord" at least five or six times, espoused family values (shout out to her parents) and refrained from political messages of any kind. And she killed it with her performance.

Basically, she did everything the Pepsi and Fox execs expected of her but haters gotta hate, ya know? They can't even appreciate when someone just performs brilliantly...It's like the people complaining *wanted* to be trolled.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
So some people are triggered because they weren't triggered?

Nah, I'm thinking the OP is making up the outrage of his conservative friends or is referring to the prior to them actual performance. I visit another forum that weighs heavily on the conservative side and there's no outrage there, more just surprise that she didn't really make it political.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Basically her goal was to expose conservative hypocrisy. She censored her lyrics (even replaced "gay" with "beige"); she wore a conservative (for her) outfit, she mentioned "God" or "Lord" at least five or six times, espoused family values (shout out to her parents) and refrained from political messages of any kind. And she killed it with her performance.

Basically, she did everything the Pepsi and Fox execs expected of her but haters gotta hate, ya know? They can't even appreciate when someone just performs brilliantly...It's like the people complaining *wanted* to be trolled.

I never cared for Gaga much to begin with, she has always been a Madonna wannabe.

I do not know why people are analyzing the show anyway, the obvious Karaoke was the worst of it.

Who cares.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well the analysis is that she sang a song that is a favorite amongst gays and mentions gay and transgender people in the lyrics in a very positive manner. And she only sang certain lyrics from her patriotic entry that seem to mostly embody American inclusiveness of foreigners.

Who knows.

Reactions: Homerboy

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Well the analysis is that she sang a song that is a favorite amongst gays and mentions gay and transgender people in the lyrics in a very positive manner. And she only sang certain lyrics from her patriotic entry that seem to mostly embody American inclusiveness of foreigners.

Who knows.

I'm sure she was paid well, she had no reason to go overly political.

Take the money and run :p