FYI - Chase Freedom 10% Back

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
please explain.

get 110k points in 1 calendar year and you get a companion pass which allows someone to fly with you for free for the rest of that year and the following year.

so by like the end of march i will have over 110k points and my wife will be able to fly with me anywhere for free until december 31 2017.

EDIT:

and right now there are 2 cards that have 50k bonuses for spending $3k in the first 2 months, which is how i'm getting the 106k points pretty quickly, then just gotta spend 4 grand more to hit 100k.

Last edited:

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Woot. I maxed out the Chase cb. Used my Discover for another 5% on an $800 monitor. Then returned it and it still let me keep the cb.

GD it I keep seeing this Chase Sapphire 50k point deal and am wondering if I should pull the trigger or not. I've already got the Freedom & Amazon card and fail to see the need for another but....... :(
I have all those cards and more. Get it, it's a free $500, or more if you redeem for travel. Also you get an extra 5k points if you add an authorized user after their first transaction. I'm working on mine right now. Think I'll have to buy a grand or so of Visa GC to meet the 4k though.
get 110k points in 1 calendar year and you get a companion pass which allows someone to fly with you for free for the rest of that year and the following year.

so by like the end of march i will have over 110k points and my wife will be able to fly with me anywhere for free until december 31 2017.

EDIT:

and right now there are 2 cards that have 50k bonuses for spending $3k in the first 2 months, which is how i'm getting the 106k points pretty quickly, then just gotta spend 4 grand more to hit 100k.
Yea I did this in 2013. Wife did it in 2014. We never used the pass though lol. Still have a lot of points, we've never actually paid for a flight.