Football fans rejoice: Pats vs. Giants game to be simucast by CBS and NBC!

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
http://www.boston.com/sports/f...2/game_to_be_simu.html

The NFL just sent out the following announcement regarding the Patriots-Giants game:

The NFL has arranged with broadcast television partners CBS and NBC for an unprecedented three-way national simulcast of the NFL Network telecast of Saturday night?s New England Patriots at New York Giants game when the Patriots will try to become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in a regular season, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced today.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
So the whole country will get to see the Patriots blow out the Giants. Yay.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
This is good news.

I think the only teams with a chance to beat the Pats now are the Colts or the Cowboys.

I'd give the Cowboys the better chance since if they meet in the super bowl it will be warm weather so the Pats won't have the huge advantage they have over the Colts.

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
This is good news.

I think the only teams with a chance to beat the Pats now are the Colts or the Cowboys.

I'd give the Cowboys the better chance since if they meet in the super bowl it will be warm weather so the Pats won't have the huge advantage they have over the Colts.

I think the Jags could upset the Pats too, if the game is played in bad weather conditions. The Jags look great, and are peaking at the right time.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Fantastic! I want the Patriots to win soooo bad... only so that the '72 dolphins will shut up. :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Then again the Pats could return to mid season form and just run roughshod over all their opponents like the great 49er teams did in the 80's

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Nice to see theres still sombody with a brain in use over at the NFL network ... I'm in the NY metro area where it it was being aired on regular TV anyway, but most football fans were going to be left out in the cold & the backlash would have been ugly.

Originally posted by: ProfJohn
This is good news.

I agree about the Cowboys & Colts being the most likely teams to upset the Patriots, but I think the Colts have a much better shot then Dallas because the weather/field conditions in the Superbowl will let the Pats passing game slice & dice their secondary, while it will very likely be cold/slippery in Foxboro.

I would also give Jacksonville a punchers chance to beat any team in the NFL this season regardless of where the game is played.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
What's the point of both CBS and NBC having it? Just in case you don't like the announcers on one channel I guess?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Kelemvor
What's the point of both CBS and NBC having it? Just in case you don't like the announcers on one channel I guess?
They will be rebroadcasting with the NFL announcers, aka snooze fest. Maybe different markets, they also have different local channels simulcasting the games.

Or, it could be so you can watch the game on two different TVs and enjoy double the awesomeness.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Kelemvor

Any announcers on CBS or NBC will be better than having to listen to Neon Deion and Gumball.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Why was Fox left out? Fox has normal season games...NBC has sunday night only...what sorta money did NBC put up for this to happen?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Wouldn't it be a hoot if the Hoodie just said screw the record and rested his starters?

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
The best NFL team of all time that no one has ever heard of is the 1987 49ers. They were 13-2, lead the league in all but one team offensive and defensive category, Jerry Rice had 22 receiving TDs (in only 12 games played), Montana lead the league in passing rating and, of course, they had HFA throughout the play-offs.

Inexplicably, they lost in their first play-off game, at home, against the 8-7 wild-card Vikings.

On any given Sunday, my friends, especially when you are talking about the playoffs.

The Pats are the best team this year, but I think the Colts, Jags, Cowboys and even the Chargers (on a good day) can beat them.

If the Giants play well (i.e. Eli does not throw INTs), they have a small chance, too.

MotionMan

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Awesome...now we don't have to listen to everyone bitch about how they don't have NFL Network. :thumbsup:

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: dbk
LOL, who's going to listen to the NFL Network broadcast??

I have the NFL network but there is no f@cking way in hell that I will listen to that Gumball jackass anymore this season. I dont care if I have to use mute. NFW.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: buck

I have the NFL network but there is no f@cking way in hell that I will listen to that Gumball jackass anymore this season. I dont care if I have to use mute. NFW.

His voice is too funny and he's so awkward when they cut the camera to him and the other guy in the booth he's always just STARING at the other guy he barely looks at the camera. This coming Saturday if you want to put yourself through some misery or some entertainment flip to the NFL network real quick and watch for it...so fvcking weird.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: buck

it's funny because his brother Greg Gumbel is halfway decent.

it seems to me at one point in time, bryant gumbel was the better known of the two.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
stay out of this if you think football has to do with a round ball.

What if I hate both teams and couldn't possibly care less who wins?

You do, which is why you're here. You also have secret man love for Brady, mmmhhmm...