Football fans rejoice: Pats vs. Giants game to be simucast by CBS and NBC!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: akshatp
Originally posted by: Judgement
The jaguars are the only team that have a chance at beating the pats.

I am looking forward to colts/pats/jags playing each other, the NFC sucks.

Cowboys have a shot at the jags but that is it.

Why does it sound like you are stating an opinion as if its a fact.

I'm an Eagles fan.. maybe it is my destiny to stated my opinion as if it is fact.

Even so.. I stand by my words.

The only team that can win the superbowl other than the Pats is the Jags. The Jags cant beat the Pats but if the Jags beats the Pats... the only team who can win is the Cowboys. The Cowboys can beat the Jags but not the Pats.

In other words:

I believe the Pats will win the superbowl. I also believe that no NFC team can beat them. Adding to that... I believe the only team in the Pats devision who can beat them is the Jags.

I believe that the Pats will destroy the entire NFC, but the Jags can beat them.

In the end, the only way the NFC can win is if the Jags beat the Pats in the playoffs, I believe that the Cowboys have a 1/4 chance at beating the Jags..

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: mooglemania85

I'm an Eagles fan,

unless you're from philly I cant guaratee what that means to you but I can tell you what promoting the cowboys means to me

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007

I'm an Eagles fan.. maybe it is my destiny to stated my opinion as if it is fact.

The only team that can win the superbowl other than the Pats is the Jags. The Jags cant beat the Pats but if the Jags beats the Pats... the only team who can win is the Cowboys. The Cowboys can beat the Jags but not the Pats.

In other words:

I believe the Pats will win the superbowl. I also believe that no NFC team can beat them. Adding to that... I believe the only team in the Pats devision who can beat them is the Jags.

I believe that the Pats will destroy the entire NFC, but the Jags can beat them.

In the end, the only way the NFC can win is if the Jags beat the Pats in the playoffs, I believe that the Cowboys have a 1/4 chance at beating the Jags..

I think a lot of colts fans would be quick to point out that they swept the Jags this year. However, I do agree with your statement that "I believe the Pats will win the superbowl." ;)

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: mooglemania85

In other words:

I think a lot of colts fans would be quick to point out that they swept the Jags this year. However, I do agree with your statement that "I believe the Pats will win the superbowl." ;)

I agree.

No one will beat the Pats... except maybe the Jags.

If the Jags are taken out of the playoffs, game over.

The NFC can't beat the Pats, but I can see the Cowboys over the Jags... (1 in 12 chance)

I'm not holding my breathe.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Any playoff team is capable of an upset but the Jags power run game has been
simply outstanding and Garrard isn't making costly mistakes. The D-line is solid
and gets good pass rush without exotic blitzes. Oh, and Drew-jones AKA "the
pocket Hercules" is amazing..

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: videogames101
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
stay out of this if you think football has to do with a round ball.

What if I hate both teams and couldn't possibly care less who wins?

Then your home phone is bugged and internet traffic is now being monitored. The Patriot Act has anti-americans like you covered. :p

ROFL, 9/10

Anyone who hates the Patriots is an anti-american nazi commie terrorist sympathizer who kills kittens for fun :p

2 please.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
What's the significance? I thought they are both national carriers and everyone in the states get them?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: indamixx99
Doesn't everyone get CBS AND NBC? Either OTA, Cable, or Satellite. Why would they have it broadcast on both national channels?

Money

Exactly. All three networks will be selling high dollar commercials, and passing on a percentage to build the new Dallas stadium.

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
I'm impressed that the suits at the NFL Network realized that only 14 people have the NFL Network, and showing one of the more important games in NFL history (you don't have to like the Pats to recognize historical significance when it kicks you in the throat) on a channel that most viewers don't have is just stupid.

It's bad enough that they're showing football on Thursdays and Saturdays as it is. I hope whoever made that decision lost their job.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Sqube
I'm impressed that the suits at the NFL Network realized that only 14 people have the NFL Network, and showing one of the more important games in NFL history (you don't have to like the Pats to recognize historical significance when it kicks you in the throat) on a channel that most viewers don't have is just stupid.

It's bad enough that they're showing football on Thursdays and Saturdays as it is. I hope whoever made that decision lost their job.

Except this is a meaningless game. Both teams are in the playoffs so I'd be shocked if the starters for both teams play the entire game. I won't be watching it. I'm sure there will be another game on in the league that will be more interesting.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005

Except this is a meaningless game. Both teams are in the playoffs so I'd be shocked if the starters for both teams play the entire game. I won't be watching it. I'm sure there will be another game on in the league that will be more interesting.

Too bad it isn't a meaningless game despite it having no bearing on the playoff seedings...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

meaningless? are you nuts? this is one of the most important game in years (of course next to superbowls). they are about to do something that has only happened once (in a shorter year!).

i understand why the giants will rest its starters. but would be shocked if the pats do unless they blow them out.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Kev
It makes me sick that I'm going to have to pull for the Giants.

Well, you will be sadly disappointed. I can see the Giants playing this game as an exhibition game.

Still thinks it's messed-up that this game will be on four channels in the Boston area.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy

meaningless? are you nuts? this is one of the most important game in years (of course next to superbowls). they are about to do something that has only happened once (in a shorter year!).

i understand why the giants will rest its starters. but would be shocked if the pats do unless they blow them out.
IMO, it is pretty much meaningless. Or has no more meaning than any other Pats game this season. The game that has meaning is the Superbowl; whether or not the Pats are there, and whether or not they win. If they don't make it to the Superbowl and don't win the Superbowl, the undefeated regular season is meaningless. Remember, the Dolphins went all the way, 17 - 0.

But it is fun to see if any team between now and the Superbowl can kill their undefeated run.

And this is a good move for the NFL Network. They'll either get more subscribers, or they'll get an opportunity to keep doing this sort of thing to generate even more revenues. The only thing that sucks is that we'll be listening to Gumbel. He is, bar none, the worst professional sportscaster I've ever heard.

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: jjones

IMO, it is pretty much meaningless. Or has no more meaning than any other Pats game this season. The game that has meaning is the Superbowl; whether or not the Pats are there, and whether or not they win. If they don't make it to the Superbowl and don't win the Superbowl, the undefeated regular season is meaningless. Remember, the Dolphins went all the way, 17 - 0.

But it is fun to see if any team between now and the Superbowl can kill their undefeated run.

And this is a good move for the NFL Network. They'll either get more subscribers, or they'll get an opportunity to keep doing this sort of thing to generate even more revenues. The only thing that sucks is that we'll be listening to Gumbel. He is, bar none, the worst professional sportscaster I've ever heard.

How many teams have gone 16-0 in the regular season again? I know what the '72 Dolphins did, but their season was shorter. Even if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl, it's disingenuous at best to say that this game is meaningless because both of the teams involved are already in the playoffs.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: adairusmc
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Now everyone can watch the gods take the field!

Dallas has nothing to do with this game.

Since when are gods = cowgirls?

Meh, in every events, there will always be somebody that act nonchalant towards it just to get a knee jerk reaction because they crave that sort of attention. Anyone that is a sports fan and say that this game is of no importance, is a fool. Kinda like that those ATOTers that scream "ZOMG, Jalba has teh sharp elbows".

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Well, here's to hoping that they play Brady the entire game and that he gets injured then. If they're that stupid then they deserve to get a season ending injury.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Take that, NFL Network.

I'm glad to see their strongarm tactics failing.