Folding@Home bigadv EOL 2nd Anniversary Challenge on 12:00 UTC January 23rd: The race is over.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I woke up right before time and got everything started on new units. Then went back to bed :D BOINC projects (mostly Rosetta, Einstein, MilkyWay, and LHC) have been finished and not accepting new tasks during the race window.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Don't tell my wife, but the machine I promised to decommission since I have new hardware is now also running in this race. What's an extra 300 watts for a week, right?
We can use all the points we can get, unless my math is wrong they're up 10+ million so far today.

It's still early but a good showing so far from [H] !

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I only looked at the last 24 hours, and for that we are up 84 million. 163 vs 247. Not sure where you are seeing 10 million they are ahead.

I also looked at the hour updates. They are 22 million every 3 hours, and we are about 35. We have to be quite a bit ahead.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I only looked at the last 24 hours, and for that we are up 84 million. 163 vs 247. Not sure where you are seeing 10 million they are ahead.

I also looked at the hour updates. They are 22 million every 3 hours, and we are about 35. We have to be quite a bit ahead.

My math wasn't exact, but I was looking at the 'today' stat on EOC. Since the challenge is not our entire team vs their entire team, but is their entire team vs only some members of our team I wasn't going by the total team stats. I had added up everybody on our team that is participating's totals for 'today' on EOC and came out to 95,918,778, while [H]'s entire team total was somewhere around 110 million. I was being somewhat conservative by saying 10 million since I figured 'today' had some points from before when the challenge actually started.

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
We can use all the points we can get, unless my math is wrong they're up 10+ million so far today.

It's still early but a good showing so far from [H] !
Well, hopefully we aren’t planning on that machine giving us the win. Current estimated ppd is a mighty 81,000 - well below what it was in Dec. Still better than nothing, but I would really be better off with another video card. If anyone out there has an extra 30X0 video card, I promise i could give it a good home and feed it lots of work units :D

Markfw

May 16, 2002
My math wasn't exact, but I was looking at the 'today' stat on EOC. Since the challenge is not our entire team vs their entire team, but is their entire team vs only some members of our team I wasn't going by the total team stats. I had added up everybody on our team that is participating's totals for 'today' on EOC and came out to 95,918,778, while [H]'s entire team total was somewhere around 110 million. I was being somewhat conservative by saying 10 million since I figured 'today' had some points from before when the challenge actually started.
Oh, thats right... We only get those that signed up, and they get everyone. But that seems a little unfair. They should also have to have had a signup.....

Reactions: Assimilator1

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I think it will end up being pretty close regardless but we'll see. Having us do signups vs their whole team evened it up a bit, otherwise it wouldn't have been real close/competitive and that wouldn't have been any fun.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
I think it will end up being pretty close regardless but we'll see. Having us do signups vs their whole team evened it up a bit, otherwise it wouldn't have been real close/competitive and that wouldn't have been any fun.
Well, unless we can get a few more volunteers, or 3080/3090 cards get shipped in the next few days, we will loose.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
For what it's worth I don't usually fold much during the day on the weekends either, because I need one of my rigs for lab work. During the work week though I don't get to touch my Desktops (because work life sucks), and they'll both be folding around the clock at that point.

motqalden

Jun 13, 2009
Oh, thats right... We only get those that signed up, and they get everyone. But that seems a little unfair. They should also have to have had a signup.....

LOLOL you guys made the rules and you're right it's not fair.

Are late signups allowed? If so, we should hope some [H] members come over here and talk smack. :tearsofjoy:

Yo! :cool:

:D

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Likewise !!! My next update should be better, I turned on 2 1080TI cards and a errant 2080TI
I wasn't able to add nearly as much, but I added around 2.8 million PPD worth of video cards since the last stats update. It's a bunch of video cards that don't do real well at Folding and I'd generally not run, but i wanted to add what I could.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Oh boy, that's not looking too good. But my card's usual PPD is slightly above 1M, so I guess it still was working on an old unit and a larger unit moved the next score beyond into the next 24h? Whatever, the next output should look normal. And the card is running on modest clocks, ca. 1,100MHz. It can easily do ca. 1,450MHz (used for games). I could also move the entire CPU from Rosetta to F@H. I'll see, what the next scoring update looks like. Maybe it's time to go all-out war... :D

Edit:
Stats for first 12 hours:
Just realized the stats are for 12h only :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Assimilator1