Far Cry 3: Anyone else excited?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by dpodblood, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Rhezuss

Rhezuss Diamond Member

Best game I played in a long time.
    Love it when some ostriches charge and kill a couple of bandits lol!

BTW, when you complete the main story, does the game let you continue playing like in the Elder Scrolls series or it's game over and you have to start a new game?

#576 Rhezuss, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

Based on the posts here it looks like you get to continue so you can finish the map.

3. supremor

supremor Senior member

You can indeed continue and finish anything you missed so you can go ahead and finish the story anytime you like.

4. Blintok

Blintok Senior member

so read much of this thread. from what i can tell this game has the one thing that will make me not buy it. This Uplay, you have to log on to that every time you want to play a single player game? I can see if you had to log in once to register the game/insert key code (similar to activating Windows)

That sux if so. That whole have to be logged in to play a single player game has killed pc games for me. If i have to be logged in to play a game i may as well play a mmorpg
    which i pretty much have been doing since 1999

please say it isnt so, i played the first Far Cry and loved it. I almost bought FC3 and looks like i am glad i waited.

5. BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel Lifer

Uplay is simliar to Steam in its operation and really isn't that bad. I think it has an offline mode but not sure.

It's certainly not bad/terrible enough to skip out on one of this year's best games.

6. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

I wouldn't let that stop you. Also, you don't have to login. There is an offline mode and you can use it just like that. You simply launch the game from a uplay window that pops up and the game starts. No at all intrusive or a big deal.

7. TechBoyJK

TechBoyJK Lifer

the inconvenience you expect from uPlay is in no way shape or form a reason to skip this game.

If i was rich, and money was no object, knowing what I do about this game, I'd pay $5k for it. It's a helluva way to spend a weekend.

8. VulgarDisplay

VulgarDisplay Diamond Member

I am currently unbelievably pissed off.

Launch Far Cry 3 from steam. Uplay launches and says I don't own any games. Nowhere to enter any cd keys, nothing. What a horrendous pile of trash. They will never get my money again even if their customer support fixes this.

I guarantee if I had pirated this game I wouldn't have this problem.

9. agness

agness Junior Member

Hi! my name is Agnes. I'm thinking about buying Far Cry 3 and i found it for €23. Do you think it's worth that price? And do you know this store http://www.go2arena.com/far-cry.html? I've never buy there. I would appreciate if someone will help me :)

10. XenoX

XenoX Junior Member

got it for 22€ totally worth it! One of the best shooter of 2012 in my opinion.

11. XenoX

XenoX Junior Member

Only uplay is abit anoying since i have steam and origin too ;D

12. Face2Face

Face2Face Diamond Member

No....No you wouldn't.... :whiste:

#587 Face2Face, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  13. supremor

supremor Senior member

I'm no fan of either Uplay or Ubisoft in general but you really owe it to yourself to experience Far Cry 3 if you like shooters at all.

14. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

I think thats happened to me as well. It just glitches out every now and then. Did you close it down and re open? Its not perfect and has caused me a little headache here and there with disconnects, crashing and causing FC3 to freeze and crash etc. Lately has been fine though.

15. Regs

Regs Lifer

Hasn't happen to me yet, but I don't understand why we need both uplay and Steam. Uplay throws you some achievement awards for the benefit only themselves of keeping a leash on you. I know I bought it through Steam, but at least add it to the Games I own menu in Uplay.

16. lavaheadache

lavaheadache Diamond Member

17. TechBoyJK

TechBoyJK Lifer

[​IMG]

bear grylls plays farcry... lol

18. supremor

supremor Senior member

That's exactly what I thought.

19. VulgarDisplay

Shut down about 5 seperate times. Opened FC3 executable directly. Opened from steam, opened just Uplay. Restarted 5 times. Nothing is working, and I have a ticket open with Ubisoft that hasn't been answered yet in 24 hours.

20. JamesV

JamesV Platinum Member

I've pretty much had it; as many bugs I can handle.

Never even tried multiplayer,because the community is telling me I'll regret it, and the co-op gives those people clout. The MP, along with co-op is shit; stinky bullshit that may smell good for a moment, but ultimately is shit.

How does a AAA (triple A) title come to this? Apparently from a Far Cry 3 mechanic... just in good co op game, and I'm booted to desktop (had to end task, stuck on map-load.

Game of the Year; if they allowed me to actuially play long enough... th is is more a 'game that was great, but sucked nasty ass because they couldn't deliver over time....

If I can't even complete a full co-op experience because of bugs, how can I compette or event think of doing so in multiplayer? Bugged bullshist, covered by some great MP, when you can actually play a long version of it...

Boo. How dare you give me such a great game, with such broken multiplayer? Do I blame the devs, the publishere, or personal Karma? On a Friday night, good game, ruined by bugs.... I'm sorry, I was a programmer, and I place the blame squarely on the programmers of this near-great game.

/end broken-spellcheck rant

21. VulgarDisplay

I am still unable to launch my game. It's been close to 48 hours and still no response from Ubi regarding my issue.

22. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

Have you selectedf within Uplay to NOT start in online mode? Maybe try that since trying to connect might be the problem.

23. pontifex

pontifex Lifer

so this website is for computer savvy people and computer nerds right? why do you all have so many problems with computers?

seriosuly, i see all these complaints about DRM and certain games/apps and i never have a problem with them. what am i (or you ) doing differently?

24. StinkyPinky

StinkyPinky Diamond Member

Yeah I never get that. I've never had a major technical issue with a game. Ever. In 20 years of playing. Farcry 3 hasn't crashed once in about 40 hours of playing it.