'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Naeeldar

Aug 20, 2001
Are you arguing that tapping phone and snail mail lines is different than taping email lines?

Coming from somebody who deals with contracts - ABSOLUTELY. But then again tapping phones isn't in the consitution either. People in our age have just gotten used to that.

What I'm saying is you convientley state that things are in the consitution when they really aren't. most are broad outlines and then we have a govt branch designed to interpret/modify them as needed.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Coming from somebody who deals with contracts - ABSOLUTELY. But then again tapping phones isn't in the consitution either. People in our age have just gotten used to that.

What I'm saying is you convientley state that things are in the consitution when they really aren't. most are broad outlines and then we have a govt branch designed to trample on them as needed.

FTFY

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

What I'm saying is you convientley state that things are in the consitution when they really aren't. most are broad outlines and then we have a govt branch designed to interpret/modify them as needed.

I would like to hear your explanation of why one form of personal communication is protected and another form is not.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
We live in a country where the president has killed American citizens without trial and nearly nobody cared. So why would anybody care about reading email?
I didn`t realize Obama was a mercenary and went out and killed American citizens.......
Do you have proof that Obama killed those people...or sis somebody else??

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I didn`t realize Obama was a mercenary and went out and killed American citizens.......

He's referring to that terrorist we drone-striked over in Oman or Yemen. Guy had American citizenship.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Oh, then Iraq wasn't Bush's fault. It was the soldiers that pulled the trigger. Then why did Democrats complain so much about Bush's war? It wasn't his war, it was Private John Smith's war. Damn those enlisted men and their dragging us to war.

Democrats are really trying hard to compete with Republicans for Stupid Comment of the Year...

Naeeldar

Aug 20, 2001
I would like to hear your explanation of why one form of personal communication is protected and another form is not.

You referenced contracts. Anybody who has literally worked with contracts even in a business environment involving large global companies - knows that you better be damn specific.

Anyway you tried to talk about how the consititution is a contract and we have to follow it however much we like it. I pointed out they have a branch to interpret things and they do. It's hardly my fault you dislike the interpretations today or are unwilling to accept that most people are ok with a little invasion of privacy for some additional security.