Eric Garner all over again

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Religion isn't a race, yet for some reason I have to educate a grown adult on that one. Maybe next you can learn 5th grade math or something.

NEWSFLASH: Christianity isn't a race either! Oh wow what amazing facts we can learn about life.

and your post had nothing to do with religion, which would have been just as fucked up.

your MEME was offensive and then your defense of it made it even worse, like an extra dollop of shit on a shit sundae.

Reactions: KMFJD

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
and your post had nothing to do with religion, which would have been just as fucked up.

your MEME was offensive and then your defense of it made it even worse, like an extra dollop of shit on a shit sundae.
I bet he even has a dollop of whipped shit on his shit milkshake....

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
a real shithole country eh?

I didn't say that, I'll accept that as your opinion. But feel free to call it what you want.

To say they haven't and don't have plenty of national internal problems is just lying to yourself.

I will say however that it is well known for its internal problems with rebels and pirates.... on and on...

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
The whole Minneapolis Police department is now under investigation again....

I bet they'll be investigated by the Internal Affairs division of the MPD. That wouldn't be a conflict of interest right?
Tell that to Daniel Shaver. One would think a system that was out to get blacks wouldn't kill whites at a higher rate, which it does.

Statistics for 2019:
Police killed 265 African Americans
Police killed 350 Caucasians

Black people make up 12% of the population.
white people make up 60% of the population.

So if you're black you're like five times more likely to be killed by a cop. I guess since 350 > 265, that makes the number technically higher for us white people. But I know which one I'd rather be if I was pulled over by a LEO.

And if we take into account justified vs unjustified killings by the police? A good number of those whites killed by police are justified. I don't remember hearing a story about a white person getting choked to death by the police because they were selling cigarettes. Or a knee on their neck until they die because they used a fake $20. I do remember the story of a white person shooting up a movie theater and killing a dozen people. He was taken into custody unharmed. And one who shot up a black church and killed 8 people? He was arrested without so much as a scratch on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I didn't say that, I'll accept that as your opinion. But feel free to call it what you want.

To say they haven't and don't have plenty of national internal problems is just lying to yourself.

I will say however that it is well known for its internal problems with rebels and pirates.... on and on...

It's not likely @s0me0nesmind1 even knew why he was posting that, other that she's not white and not born here. Consider that, and the fact that you liked the post

Btw, that opinion is held by the POTUS, whom you voted for

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I think some people here were questioning why "ALL LIVES MATTER" is inappropriate.
This 4 year old reddit post does a good job explaining.

Horrible analogy. BLM was started in response to what they wanted to state was disproportional police killings of black lives. However, the facts are that black lives are killed less than any other race by the police with whites being killed the most. So the analogy should be...

Everyone is sitting around at the dinner table eating. You haven't eaten since this morning. Everyone else has eaten since last week. Everyone has a portion this time at the table and you think your share is a little smaller than everyone else there. You demand you get a fair share despite all the circumstances and then whine about the perceived injustice of it all.

That is a better analogy instead of the fanciful one of that post. Police over use of force is a problem everywhere and affects everyone regardless of race. Trying to make it a racial issue only is the problem with BLM. More so when a blacks statistically are less likely anywhere in America to be killed by police than any other race.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Horrible analogy. BLM was started in response to what they wanted to state was disproportional police killings of black lives. However, the facts are that black lives are killed less than any other race by the police with whites being killed the most. So the analogy should be...

Everyone is sitting around at the dinner table eating. You haven't eaten since this morning. Everyone else has eaten since last week. Everyone has a portion this time at the table and you think your share is a little smaller than everyone else there. You demand you get a fair share despite all the circumstances and then whine about the perceived injustice of it all.

That is a better analogy instead of the fanciful one of that post. Police over use of force is a problem everywhere and affects everyone regardless of race. Trying to make it a racial issue only is the problem with BLM. More so when a blacks statistically are less likely anywhere in America to be killed by police than any other race.
You are so wrong! Just so wrong! This was gone over earlier in this thread....
Statistics for 2019:
Police killed 265 African Americans
Police killed 350 Caucasians

Black people make up 12% of the population.
white people make up 60% of the population.

So if you're black you're like five times more likely to be killed by a cop. I guess since 350 > 265, that makes the number technically higher for us white people. But I know which one I'd rather be if I was pulled over by a LEO.

And if we take into account justified vs unjustified killings by the police? A good number of those whites killed by police are justified. I don't remember hearing a story about a white person getting choked to death by the police because they were selling cigarettes. Or a knee on their neck until they die because they used a fake $20. I do remember the story of a white person shooting up a movie theater and killing a dozen people. He was taken into custody unharmed. And one who shot up a black church and killed 8 people? He was arrested without so much as a scratch on him.

Reactions: BUTCH1

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008

Why do you and people with similar mindset as you keep purposefully misinterpreting data to suit your narratives that continue to keep the African Americans oppressed?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

This post shows a complete ignorance of reality. Central Park Karen knew enough to use the blackness of Christian Cooper against him and threaten harm using the police.

When was the last time a white person was killed by police for legally carrying? I can name 3 black people just from memory. There's a YT vid showing a black person vs a white person legally carrying in the same town and their completely unequal treatment by police.

I have a huge thread highlighting examples where black lives don't matter. Not only by police but by white people. Treating blacks like they didn't have the right to exist. BLM is not strictly for police.

Dec 10, 2005
This post shows a complete ignorance of reality. Central Park Karen knew enough to use the blackness of Christian Cooper against him and threaten harm using the police.

When was the last time a white person was killed by police for legally carrying? I can name 3 black people just from memory. There's a YT vid showing a black person vs a white person legally carrying in the same town and their completely unequal treatment by police.

I have a huge thread highlighting examples where black lives don't matter. Not only by police but by white people. Treating blacks like they didn't have the right to exist. BLM is not strictly for police.
But HP has a black friend so he can't be racist /s LOL.

He always comes in with the long diatribes that always seem to come to the conclusion that people of color are in the wrong. The modern day racist: using the a veneer of pseudo intellectualism to cover for their racism

Reactions: Muse and ivwshane

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I took it as a reference to Somolia where it is always torn up by strife.

Not race, Location.

Except he did not put up a picture of Somalia, did he? He put up a picture of a US Citizen that came from there. A citizen that left there when she was 9. Someone that would never have considered it home. No matter how you cut it, it was xenophobic, and while I can't prove it exactly, it does appear that the only real thing that causes you and s0me0nesmind1 to link her to that place still is her race. I haven't seen many people put pictures of red haired people up saying how this must remind them of living in Ireland.