Eric Garner all over again

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
general consensus seemed to be that restrictions on law enforcement actions should be relaxed so they can take whatever means are necessary to stop the riots.
General consensus??? That is what all the commentators this evening on FOX havew been advocating........
IOf that were to happen the next step is so obvious -- NAZI America AND Trump will never stfu about how HE stopped the rioting!!@

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lol.

The mere concept of their twat not being genuine because you think that their team name is offensive to native americans .... BUT Native Americans themselves have actively voiced out and said "No, we don't c are about your sports team names dumbasses"..... is fucking hilarious.

Keep up with oppression olypmics @KMFJD
There's many native American tribes, but you don't know that. "Native Americans" in your estimation, is like, a group of people. Not all of them....and that is true. There has been one group that has claimed it doesn't bother them.

There are others that have.

You sitting here telling us what "Native Americans" think is you doing your damndest to virtue signal for shit you don't understand, but of course you won't admit that.

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Tell that to Daniel Shaver. One would think a system that was out to get blacks wouldn't kill whites at a higher rate, which it does.

Taking deadly force incidents-per-capita and adjusting for violent crime rate or otherwise attempting to account for confounds, it's true that blacks are around or perhaps even slightly less likely than whites to be the victims of police use of deadly force.

But even given that, it does not logically follow that there isn't bias elsewhere. In fact, the same study I linked shows a tangible difference in use of non-deadly force even though it fails to find bias in actual shootings.

Why the disconnect? I think the obvious answer is that use of deadly force against blacks is more likely to catch media attention, something no cop wants. Take away that consideration, and I don't doubt deadly use of force would follow the other stats.

For the record, I agree that what happened to Daniel Shaver was disgusting. It might be the worst thing I ever watched. It should have blown up, but it ended up as more of a blip. The militarisation of the American police forces is a huge issue.

I think that the largest disparity, and one that for some reason isn't getting nearly enough attention, is in sentencing. To the extent one is white, female, wealthy, connected, and attractive they get off easy. To the extent one is black, male, poor, lacking connections, and ugly they get the book thrown at them.

Reactions: GoodRevrnd

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Link

I didn't think I could find anyone lower/worse than the looters, until I saw/read this ^. It really just summarizes everything wrong with (entitled white) humanity in about 15 seconds. What an awful person.

lol. FIrst I see "Washington Examiner." Oh..a crackpot. figures. Scroll down...yep, she focuses on "liberal bias on campuses and unfair treatment of conservatives"

lol. damn that learning. always so mean to us!

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
this libertarian comic neglects to say who owns the highway. that will determine whether or not the driver was allowed to run over the protestor.
You ever notice how many people who claim to be libertarian really aren't because they're always ready to use their 'libertarianism' to violate the non-aggression principle?
Kinda reminds me of people who claim to be Star Trek fans but then complain that what sucks about new Star Trek is that it's too woke.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Even simple libertarianism would say "community" at since everyone pays for the highway - so that's a moot point.

Everything from vehicle registration to motor fuel excise taxes... That would be a dumb dumb point to try and drive.

i read that bringing back private roads would have several benefits like keeping the riffraff out

shoot, 200 years ago the early stock market consisted mainly of turnpikes and toll roads

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Neither will I. I know and have known how I feel and think about abortion for decades but will not bite on its appearance in this thread. It's absurd to bring it up. Get fucking real.

Again, I didn't bring it up to debate abortion itself. I referenced bombing abortion clinics as an example of political violence, the ends of which leftists generally don't agree with, as opposed to the current violence.

Nov 8, 2012
yeah, because that's not fucking racist at all...
Religion isn't a race, yet for some reason I have to educate a grown adult on that one. Maybe next you can learn 5th grade math or something.

NEWSFLASH: Christianity isn't a race either! Oh wow what amazing facts we can learn about life.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Again, I didn't bring it up to debate abortion itself. I referenced bombing abortion clinics as an example of political violence, the ends of which leftists generally don't agree with, as opposed to the current violence.
No, Your diatribe was losing so you attempted to change the subject! Desperate times for desperate people...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Religion isn't a race, yet for some reason I have to educate a grown adult on that one. Maybe next you can learn 5th grade math or something.

NEWSFLASH: Christianity isn't a race either! Oh wow what amazing facts we can learn about life.
desperate much....rofl.....

Reactions: KMFJD