Eric Garner all over again

Page 62 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I just saw the news about Mitt Romney.
Obviously its a cold calculated political strategy but at least he's making the effort to look human. And he's standing up to Donald, which (aside from the late McCain) nobody has done.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Obviously its a cold calculated political strategy but at least he's making the effort to look human. And he's standing up to Donald, which (aside from the late McCain) nobody has done.

I dunno, he was marching with Evangelicals? If that's true, which ones, because overall that group supported Trump and the last polls I saw said they still do. Are they tired of winning?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

In a lot of ways Mitt is like his dad George. In this particular case the elder Romney had genuinely strong views on civil rights.

Anyway this will undoubtedly cause Trump to lash out at the most prominent Mormon in the country as an election that appears increasingly out of reach widens and his deficits in key western states grow.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In a lot of ways Mitt is like his dad George. In this particular case the elder Romney had genuinely strong views on civil rights.

Anyway this will undoubtedly cause Trump to lash out at the most prominent Mormon in the country as an election that appears increasingly out of reach widens and his deficits in key western states grow.

He's so predictable you can set your clock to him

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 7.34.35 AM.png

Also Romney's approval (as of May) in UT is basically the reverse image of Trump's nationally.

Most voters know where they stand on Romney. The survey shows 52% approve of the way he is doing his job, while 38% disapprove. Only 10% aren’t sure.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/5...ert-utah-poll-deseret-news-hinckley-institute

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004

Which is interesting if you know the history and beliefs of the Mormon church (white supremacy was an integral part of their beliefs).

Its why I'm very leery of someone like Romney, as I feel like there's a very strong chance he's doing it not because he truly believes it but for the political points to gain Mormons more power (as that's been a common thing that Mormons did through their history starting with them lying about being polygamists). And I can personally attest that despite "official" denial of certain behaviors/ideals by LDS Church, that many Mormons keep practicing such (which again is common in its history).

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Imagine the cred Mitt could have received if he marched with a bunch of young black people.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Marine stands outside Utah state house for 3 hours in 100 deg heat. Trump will be trashing him soon
ea62d27fa32df6de70f8bcc88f29dd22

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Another example of someone being racist until it costs them money. Suddenly the Cross-Fit CEO is very sorry for the pain his words caused wants everyone to know that neither he or Cross-Fit tolerate racism. Except you know when he tweets it and before Reebok said fuck off.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There is more....

We cannot let the Police police themselves! That is another reason they are acting out and attacking those who would film and criticize them! They need to be able to say we see nothing wrong the killing was legitimate, the arrest was legitimate! They view themselves including the so called good cops as all powerf\ul, immune from taking responsibility for their actions!!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
he's retired and can do as he pleases.

No, he cannot.

Uniform Rules for Veterans and Retirees

The rules for wearing military uniforms as a retired military member or a discharged veteran are similar for all the services. There are certain rules for those seeking to wear the uniform for formal functions, national holidays, parades, military funerals and weddings and other military occasions. Only the Service Dress Uniform may be worn; no work, battle dress or PT uniforms are permitted to be worn at formal events. For non-formal events, veterans are allowed to wear other working uniforms as deemed appropriate for the occasion.

Grooming standards are obviously not enforced when a veteran wears any of the uniforms, but it is common courtesy to wear the uniform as if you were still in the military conforming to all the hair, facial hair, finger nail, and other grooming standards of the military branch you represent. All veterans and retired members will conform with the same standards of appearance, military customs, practices, and conduct in uniform prescribed for active-duty.

Last edited: