Eric Garner all over again

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 10, 2005
Completely out of control. Gestapo level shit right here.
From what I've heard, this is sadly not new behavior for cops when civil unrest occurs. What is most unusual now is the national attention it is getting and that they have been threatening and attacking journalists employed by large corporations and not just the locals

Reactions: KMFJD

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
From what I've heard, this is sadly not new behavior for cops when civil unrest occurs. What is most unusual now is the national attention it is getting and that they have been threatening and attacking journalists employed by large corporations and not just the locals
And people wonder why some folks are calling for the cops to be fucking disbanded.

Why should I fear the police more than ne'er-do-wells?

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
All veterans and retired members will conform with the same standards of appearance, military customs, practices, and conduct in uniform prescribed for active-duty.

Is that a law or a guideline? If the former it's blatantly unconstitutional on 1A grounds.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Damn Reverend Sharpton is one sharp person!
He called Attorney Crump the black persons Attorney General! Because as Black people we feel we have no Attorney General!!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
this is sick. every time mobs of white people have shown up with guns and masks the cops do absolutely nothing.
if the mob is unarmed, asking for constitutional rights to be respected, and has at least one black person, they are completely fucked.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
this is sick. every time mobs of white people have shown up with guns and masks the cops do absolutely nothing.
if the mob is unarmed, asking for constitutional rights to be respected, and has at least one black person, they are completely fucked.

but there's no systemic racism i've been told :mad::mad::mad:
idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.gif

Reactions: JEDIYoda

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Illegal? A military police officer can come and arrest him and put him in jail?

What a fucking disgrace to the First Amendment.

I'm guessing you're a fan.

I didn't make the rules up. It isn't something new either.

Yes, I am a fan. A military uniform shouldn't be used as a prop.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
A military uniform shouldn't be used as a prop.

lol, the US military is one of the biggest propaganda industries in the world (for the record, I'm not passing a value judgment on that here). Not use the uniform as a prop? LOL, your lack of self-awareness never ceases to impress.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The military uniform is used as a prop all day long, every single day. You just don't like it used in a way you don't agree with.

Actually the UCMJ defines the rules. There are correct ways and incorrect ways to wear the uniform. You probably think the "stolen valor" laws are wrong also.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Actually the UCMJ defines the rules. There are correct ways and incorrect ways to wear the uniform. You probably think the "stolen valor" laws are wrong also.
I don't worship flags, songs, or uniforms.

I don't believe any reasonable law would ever exist to legislate the legality of any of them.

I'm not into elevating inanimate objects over people.

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
You are obviously unfamiliar with the military and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Specifically, the portion enjoining veterans to all the same speech restrictions as active duty personnel is in part grossly unconstitutional. I don't think that has made its way up the courts, at least not in recent memory, and I doubt the military wants to test it. I know that they went after some people who were protesting the Iraq war in uniform, I believe without very much success, but those were reservists. I'm not aware of the military going after any non-active duty, non-reservists who protested the Iraq war in uniform.