Election prediction thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
Jhhnn,

what you seem to have a beef with here is not Trump (he's working within this Federal Reserve fiat currency system that we've had since 1971 and prior to that in 1933) but the monetary system itself. If you are really against the inequality that's inherent in the monetary system... why not demand monetary reform?

Its the monetary system that allowed the folks up top to take so much. What do you expect them to do? They are playing within the system that was set up for them and which they were born into.

If you look at virtually all the charts... the time when things went south was right around 1971 and shortly thereafter when we went off the gold standard internationally. Ie when we actually stopped settling our international trade debts with money redeemable in physical.

He's all puppies & rainbows over Trump, huh? The link to the boy scout jamboree was pure propagandizing. From there, we gat a massive Gish gallop all over the map, from Trump the truth teller with an average of nearly 8 verifiable lies per day & a remarkable one day high-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...58-days/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1fcf4e81cd7b

From there he's pumping sunshine up our skirts about trickle down economics when the lower 50% share of income fell by a third since 1980 & that of the 50-75% range fell by a fifth. Table 5-

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2015-update

Which is not to mention regressive taxes at the tippy top, even before the recent tax giveaway to the rich-

As the rich become super-rich, they pay lower taxes. For real. - The Washington Post

He's a shill.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Jhhnn,

what you seem to have a beef with here is not Trump (he's working within this Federal Reserve fiat currency system that we've had since 1971 and prior to that in 1933) but the monetary system itself. If you are really against the inequality that's inherent in the monetary system... why not demand monetary reform?

Its the monetary system that allowed the folks up top to take so much. What do you expect them to do? They are playing within the system that was set up for them and which they were born into.

If you look at virtually all the charts... the time when things went south was right around 1971 and shortly thereafter when we went off the gold standard internationally. Ie when we actually stopped settling our international trade debts with money redeemable in physical.

Like Putin, Trump is stealing the country blind.
Working class males can expect to live to be ~60 in Putins Russia. US has still got 10 years on that but its still not great.
Still they both enjoy good approval ratings from the very segments they are robbing blind, for funds that could easily fund single payer healthcare and thus have the most direct positive effect on these people lives. Why do these people opine and act against their own best interest? Propaganda, state TV, the same tune over and over again, brainwashing of the people. Its sinister as hell is what it is.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
hi Sportage,

MAGA relies on the US not getting itself (yet again) involved in a major money and life draining war in foreign lands. Anyone that has listened to what Trump had to say during the last 10 years (and during the runup to 2016) knows that he was against the stupidity of the US involving ourselves in wars overseas.

If you may have noticed, Trump is trying to make peace with our enemies... first with North Korea (btw, N and S Korea will be united). He wants peace with Russia as well (but the establishment folks are extremely against this). China he also wants to make economic peace with... but not without first getting a good deal. Trump believe it or not wants the US to get along with everyone, but not at the expense of us being on the raw end of things and being taken advantage of.

i call Trump the US's first Asian president... simply because he knows all about the concept of "face" when dealing with tyrants and dictators. Someone with a more typical mindset like Hillary would never have been able to do what he's done with NK. Obama failed. Bush failed. Clinton failed. Trump succeeded.

If you think we have a booming economy now... you haven't seen anything yet. Trump will be in for two terms.... the USA after his two terms is going to be way more prosperous than when he entered the office.

btw, the key to everything is a good economy. You can't help the poor without it, and neither can you afford a good military. Everything is easier when you have a good economy.

I didn't know you could stack it that high.

horse-shit-260nw-707891380.jpg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
That was hilarious! It's like you took reality and turned it inside out. If you would have said something about Obama and Iran and how the Iran deal was how you don't negotiate with our enemies, you would get an A+ in trumpism. Why face an uncomfortable truth when you can lie and just make shit up?

Instead of acknowledging that Russia meddled in our election and continues to do so just pretend it didn't happen and call it good and ignore the attacks on our democracy for the sake of creating peace between our two countries. So what if Russia contributed to meddle in our politics and continues to create chaos and distrust in other democracies and between our allies, Russia is our friend now! Lol

Instead of dealing with China by negotiating with all its trade partners and getting them to sign on and agree with our policies and influence in the region we should totally start a trade war with the largest and fastest economic growing country in the world! What could possibly go wrong, other than our influence in the region going out the window and China and other countries looking for alternatives to US goods? We'll just call it winning and ignore the negative impact it has had on US companies. Brilliant!

Why admit that trumps handling of north Korea has been a disaster and hasn't lead to any progress other than being played just like the president's before him, when you can just declare progress like the world has never seen is being made? So what if north Korea continues developing their nuclear weapons, we'll just pretend its not happening because they said so. We'll just ignore our own intelligence agencies and just accept NK's word without any verification, because that's what peace is all about... Giving your enemies what they want and having both parties pretend that's not what's happening. Winning!

I especially liked your bit about the economy, that was great! Everyone knows, from decades of examples, that trickle down economics works and that the poor and middle class will get theirs when the economy is doing great! Its why real wages have grown so much and not just barely kept up with inflation! Only a stable genius would realize that a strong economy brings in more revenue for which to take care of the poor and military, otherwise we'd have massive amounts of debt with rising interest rates on top of it, which is why cutting taxes to reduce that revenue stream was such a good move!
/sarcasm

Holy shit!

I DO NOT like Donald Trump, however......
I can put myself into the shoes of my enemies (i.e. opponents that I highly disagree with).
I call it playing "WHAT - IF".
I love to play what-if.
To try and see the issue from "their" side, which then strengthens ones argument for our side.

And too, I'm just calling this election cycle for what it is. Pretty hopeless for democrats.
I hate to say this but Donald Trump IS WINNING.
The economy is now full of low paying jobs, but still..... $10 is $10, an hour. Minus benefits which there are none.
Everywhere you look, employers ARE CRYING, BEGGING for help. HELP-NEEDED signs are everywhere.
Sure, the jobs all pay shit, but still....

And say what you will about North Korea and the Soviets, Trump has tried something never before tried.
Not to this extent.....
And you're right. Hillary would never had tried this, nor would a third termed Obama.
Trump's actions "could" all backfire on us, but so far it seems to have stifled the saber rattling from N.K. Kim.
And Putin sure likes what he sees in Donald Trump.

Then I look at the democrats. And I am a very liberal democrat here.
But.... they (we) really have no message to offer.
We are united 100% anti-Trump, but that's not going to do it.
That will lose us this election cycle exactly as we lost in 2016.
And when all that we democrats can do is to drag out Oprah and Joe Biden and a grayed haired ex-president Obama, I say OH MY GOD!
How head up our ass can we as democrats be? Really?
Is this all there is?
Is this all we have, my democrat friends?
If that's all there is my friends then let's keep dancing.
Let's break out the booze and have a ball, If that's all there is...
Because we damn sure ain't gonna win shit come Tuesday.

Democrats have two choices looking forward.
Either embrace those like Bernie Sanders as main stream democratic hopefuls, our saviors, bring them in and embrace them... or start embracing the bat-shit crazy people to challenge this bat-shit crazy Republican Party.
I know.. I know....
When they go low, we go high? Was that the philosophy?
Well, that might work for Lifetime after school movies and Saturday morning children cartoons, but not for getting people elected from our party.
And definitely not the philosophy for winning elections against the Donald Trump's, the Steve King's (iOwa), and the Mitch McConnell's of politics. Not to mention the old fart Chuck Grassley's (iOwa).

If we the democrats lose on Tuesday, then democrats need a hard reboot.
We need to purge our liberal politics of the weenies, and the Joe Biden's (sorry Joe, you must go), and definitely of the Oprah's.
And I hate to say it because I admire him, but also purge the Michael Moore's as well.
We never have won for embracing them, so why keep embracing them?
If that's all there is.....

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
Trump hasn't done anything to rob me blind (yet). In fact my paycheck is larger because of him on a monthly basis. He put a stop to dumping that was affecting some customers. Obama on the other hand caused my small business health care costs to double and that is with increasing the deductible. i now have worse insurance than i did in 2010 for twice the cost. All in all probably an additional $30,000 worth of additional cost by now :( Who robbed me blind... it wasn't Trump.

But yes, its a bit sad how susceptible people are to propaganda. Americans are a victim in many ways of their own success... who needs to walk when you can drive... etc. i guess having grown up a US expat in a country overseas under martial law... i can see through it better than most.

Sometimes i visit Russian forums just to listen and see what they are thinking overall and to learn... its difficult to have a conversations as an American without some people coming out and accusing me of being a CIA agent of some kind :) The same paranoia exists in the US about Russia in some ways.

Like Putin, Trump is stealing the country blind.
Working class males can expect to live to be ~60 in Putins Russia. US has still got 10 years on that but its still not great.
Still they both enjoy good approval ratings from the very segments they are robbing blind, for funds that could easily fund single payer healthcare and thus have the most direct positive effect on these people lives. Why do these people opine and act against their own best interest? Propaganda, state TV, the same tune over and over again, brainwashing of the people. Its sinister as hell is what it is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Jhhnn,

Right past factual evidence to assert more & different bullshit.

What advantages the people at the top are the regulatory & tax systems. And Trump cut their taxes & his own. Well, if he actually paid taxes in the first place. When he said on national TV that he didn't pay taxes because he's smart, you probably cheered him as a true Patriot.

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
Hi Sportage,

i have no idea who you are but what you write makes sense (i don't care what your political leanings are really) and i really respect that.

The thing is... the Ds are a party that have destroyed themselves and it was their destiny. The Republican party was more adept... Trump came in and effectively reinvented the Republican party in 2016. Now its the Trump party really. The Ds failed in that... Hillary in her arrogance felt it was "her turn".

Nextly, Obama in his arrogance stood up there and mocked Trump in front of all those people in 2011 (at the WHCA dinner). That was the start of the end for him and his legacy. Obama is the one that caused Trump to run. He was placed there as a placeholder to do one thing... to keep Hillary out of the White House in 2008. In that he succeeded. Next he insulted Trump - which ensured that Trump would run in 2016, which did the next thing that was required yet again! - to keep Hillary out of the White House. All in all... Obama did what he was supposed to do. He served as a place holder. Didn't get much done, but he did what he was supposed to do... get Trump elected (not sure if he realizes this to this day).

Anyways, we are going to see a conservative resurgence for many years. more than two terms. possibly four. Americans like winning by nature. Once we get started we don't like stopping.

I DO NOT like Donald Trump, however......
I can put myself into the shoes of my enemies (i.e. opponents that I highly disagree with).
I call it playing "WHAT - IF".
I love to play what-if.
To try and see the issue from "their" side, which then strengthens ones argument for our side.

And too, I'm just calling this election cycle for what it is. Pretty hopeless for democrats.
I hate to say this but Donald Trump IS WINNING.
The economy is now full of low paying jobs, but still..... $10 is $10, an hour. Minus benefits which there are none.
Everywhere you look, employers ARE CRYING, BEGGING for help. HELP-NEEDED signs are everywhere.
Sure, the jobs all pay shit, but still....

And say what you will about North Korea and the Soviets, Trump has tried something never before tried.
Not to this extent.....
And you're right. Hillary would never had tried this, nor would a third termed Obama.
Trump's actions "could" all backfire on us, but so far it seems to have stifled the saber rattling from N.K. Kim.
And Putin sure likes what he sees in Donald Trump.

Then I look at the democrats. And I am a very liberal democrat here.
But.... they (we) really have no message to offer.
We are united 100% anti-Trump, but that's not going to do it.
That will lose us this election cycle exactly as we lost in 2016.
And when all that we democrats can do is to drag out Oprah and Joe Biden and a grayed haired ex-president Obama, I say OH MY GOD!
How head up our ass can we as democrats be? Really?
Is this all there is?
Is this all we have, my democrat friends?
If that's all there is my friends then let's keep dancing.
Let's break out the booze and have a ball, If that's all there is...
Because we damn sure ain't gonna win shit come Tuesday.

Democrats have two choices looking forward.
Either embrace those like Bernie Sanders as main stream democratic hopefuls, our saviors, bring them in and embrace them... or start embracing the bat-shit crazy people to challenge this bat-shit crazy Republican Party.
I know.. I know....
When they go low, we go high? Was that the philosophy?
Well, that might work for Lifetime after school movies and Saturday morning children cartoons, but not for getting people elected from our party.
And definitely not the philosophy for winning elections against the Donald Trump's, the Steve King's (iOwa), and the Mitch McConnell's of politics. Not to mention the old fart Chuck Grassley's (iOwa).

If we the democrats lose on Tuesday, then democrats need a hard reboot.
We need to purge our liberal politics of the weenies, and the Joe Biden's (sorry Joe, you must go), and definitely of the Oprah's.
And I hate to say it because I admire him, but also purge the Michael Moore's as well.
We never have won for embracing them, so why keep embracing them?
If that's all there is.....

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
No, the advantage that people at the top have are not primarily those things that you mention (although those things certainly don't hurt). its that they can *create new money* at a much cheaper price than others can. Then they can use this to buy influence or whatever they need to do. This is a result of the fiat monetary system. Why do you think Trump knows this game from the inside out and openly talked about this during the election run up. Its because he was one of them and know the game (he was a rather large political donor).

Right past factual evidence to assert more & different bullshit.

What advantages the people at the top are the regulatory & tax systems. And Trump cut their taxes & his own. Well, if he actually paid taxes in the first place. When he said on national TV that he didn't pay taxes because he's smart, you probably cheered him as a true Patriot.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump hasn't done anything to rob me blind (yet). In fact my paycheck is larger because of him on a monthly basis. He put a stop to dumping that was affecting some customers. Obama on the other hand caused my small business health care costs to double and that is with increasing the deductible. i now have worse insurance than i did in 2010 for twice the cost. All in all probably an additional $30,000 worth of additional cost by now :( Who robbed me blind... it wasn't Trump.

But yes, its a bit sad how susceptible people are to propaganda. Americans are a victim in many ways of their own success... who needs to walk when you can drive... etc. i guess having grown up a US expat in a country overseas under martial law... i can see through it better than most.

Sometimes i visit Russian forums just to listen and see what they are thinking overall and to learn... its difficult to have a conversations as an American without some people coming out and accusing me of being a CIA agent of some kind :) The same paranoia exists in the US about Russia in some ways.

Deficit. You are borrowing money from your children to feed the poor hungry 1%, 0.1%. Its like whoring your childrens labor out before they even get the jobs. Timetravel slavery if you will.
I'd love to reconcile with Russia, but it aint happening with Putin at the helm, there have been so many good faith reboots but he dont want to play by rules of democracy fairness and freedom.
There is a reason there is sanctions on Russia. Overthrow Putin and install free fair elections again, reenter the international order instead of all the effen bullshit.
NATO held an exercise to mock the defence vs a Russian invasion recently. Putins response? Execute an exercise mocking an attack on Norway at the same time.
To defend oneself is an obvious act of aggression.. if your name is Vlad that is.
Jesus Christ.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
No, the advantage that people at the top have are not primarily those things that you mention (although those things certainly don't hurt). its that they can *create new money* at a much cheaper price than others can. Then they can use this to buy influence or whatever they need to do. This is a result of the fiat monetary system. Why do you think Trump knows this game from the inside out and openly talked about this during the election run up. Its because he was one of them and know the game (he was a rather large political donor).
But he is not a selfmade man, at every single turn, as it turns out, he is a scammer, through and through.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Deficit. You are borrowing money from your children to feed the poor hungry 1%, 0.1%. Its like whoring your childrens labor out before they even get the jobs. Timetravel slavery if you will.
I'd love to reconcile with Russia, but it aint happening with Putin at the helm, there have been so many good faith reboots but he dont want to play by rules of democracy fairness and freedom.
There is a reason there is sanctions on Russia. Overthrow Putin and install free fair elections again, reenter the international order instead of all the effen bullshit.
NATO held an exercise to mock the defence vs a Russian invasion recently. Putins response? Execute an exercise mocking an attack on Norway at the same time.
To defend oneself is an obvious act of aggression.. if your name is Vlad that is.
Jesus Christ.

Trump & the GOP cut taxes on the Rich, had the govt borrow their money to do it & gave it back to them as tax cuts. For the imaginary benefit of trickle down.

Remember when we used to run deficits to take care of less fortunate Americans & build infrastructure that serves us all?

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There's a lot of 'Laugher curve' bullshit occurring in this 'prediction' thread.

As for predictions, I don't have enough faith in the voters to go against cheeto at this point....so I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
There's a lot of 'Laugher curve' bullshit occurring in this 'prediction' thread.

As for predictions, I don't have enough faith in the voters to go against cheeto at this point....so I'll leave it at that.

All we really need for now is for the Dems to retake one part of Congress, even if by a slim margin. That immediately stops the GOP from doing more damage; we can't remove Trump until 2020 anyway (barring something that forces him out), so anything more would be icing on the cake.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Democrats are unable to get a feel for how this election is going to turn out, much like in 2016. The polls will once again indicate one thing, while the electorate does another. Conservatives are not very vocal, as they've learned to play their cards close to the vest, lest they get attacked at every turn. Again, we have a silent group, whom I fully expect to surge on election day.

Only mental morons are going to vote for people who campaigned on raising our taxes. Only mental morons would not recognize that unemployment among women is the lowest it's been since the early 1960's and that Black and Hispanic unemployment are at historic lows. Democrats I've talked to are concerned about the Latino vote this time around. Lots of Black people are waking up and see the positive things this administration has done for them. Democrat's policies will reduce our GDP, increase regulations again, lower employment, increase our taxes and make our border less secure. There is a quiet, strong numbered electorate out there that doesn't want those things to happen. What is going to happen on Tuesday, November 6th, is going to shock some people. I will not be one of them.

That is my prediction. In the event I'm wrong, I will take it like a grownup. I won't be stomping my feet, cursing, breaking things, burning things, or attacking my fellows. There will always be another election, been though a lot of them in my lifetime.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Democrats are unable to get a feel for how this election is going to turn out, much like in 2016. The polls will once again indicate one thing, while the electorate does another. Conservatives are not very vocal, as they've learned to play their cards close to the vest, lest they get attacked at every turn. Again, we have a silent group, whom I fully expect to surge on election day.

Only mental morons are going to vote for people who campaigned on raising our taxes. Only mental morons would not recognize that unemployment among women is the lowest it's been since the early 1960's and that Black and Hispanic unemployment are at historic lows. Democrats I've talked to are concerned about the Latino vote this time around. Lots of Black people are waking up and see the positive things this administration has done for them. Democrat's policies will reduce our GDP, increase regulations again, lower employment, increase our taxes and make our border less secure. There is a quiet, strong numbered electorate out there that doesn't want those things to happen. What is going to happen on Tuesday, November 6th, is going to shock some people. I will not be one of them.

That is my prediction. In the event I'm wrong, I will take it like a grownup. I won't be stomping my feet, cursing, breaking things, burning things, or attacking my fellows. There will always be another election, been though a lot of them in my lifetime.

Keep telling yourself that & don't get too far from your fainting couch.

Reactions: UberNeuman

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Keep telling yourself that & don't get too far from your fainting couch.

One thing is for certain...one of us is wrong.
Ever looked at an iceberg? You know how you don't see the biggest part, which is under water? The polls are like that iceberg, again. I wouldn't trust them. Good news is that it will be over soon.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

This isn't a prediction, it's masturbation to a non-existent, fantasy version of America.

Also... "mental morons?" Is there a kind of moron that doesn't involve mental capacity?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

The only problem I see with this is that people get complacent. They think it's in the bag and don't bother voting. It's also pretty common for the party that holds the white house to take a beating in the midterms.
It's absolutely going to be a very interesting day come Tuesday. The question is, will it be as wild as 2016? I remember going to bed thinking that Hillary had it locked up, and woke up the next morning to President Trump and shock waves rolling across the country.

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
hi,

The way the US monetary system is setup and designed the Federal government always has to run a deficit in the long term in aggregate. Its an inherent design feature. The reason is that the private sector is entirely dependent on the government to inject new base money into the system.

At the private sector level (that would be the Federal Reserve member banks - ie the money factories), they can't fractionally lever up new bank credit (ie sign up new debt slaves) without more high powered money. Where do you think that new money comes into the private sector side of the system? That money comes into the system via the deficit spending. In the old days back when money was backed with physical, you either had to mine more gold, capture it from your enemies, or actually attract it to you via trade. These days the sovereign issues new treasury bonds to cover the difference and the Fed system levers it up. US national "debt" bonds are the mechanism for recording the amount of new injection of base money into the system. The national debt replaced gold as the "backing".

You can't pay the national debt back in aggregate because virtually all the money that exists is credit. If you paid back bonds without issuing new ones (ie rolling over) it would be highly deflationary because both the bond and its matching credit (as well as all the bank credit leveraged up upon it) would be destroyed.

What i am saying is that you aren't borrowing from your children. The money is essentially debased immediately and the inflation if any is propogated through after a short period of time (perhaps 6 months to a year). This has been happening since 1933. When children are born... the dollar will simply be more debased then than it is today... just like it was when we were born (i am assuming you were not born prior to 1933 :) ). Either that or the dollar will no longer exist since all fiat currencies have a limited lifetime.

Its up the Russian people to rid themselves of Putin (or not). Russia after having re-emerged from communism rediscovered some of its Orthodox roots. They don't want to have anything to do with what they considered the debauched West at least for now. i don't agree at all with what he did in Crimea... i have friends that live there on both sides... at the same time i can see where they were coming from historically. Russia is very paranoid... their motherland has been invaded so many times previously. Some thing like 26 million died fighting the nazi's the last go around. i don't blame them really. We Americans have never faced that (thankfully we are separated by two rather large moats).

Jesus Christ.

Reactions: JSt0rm

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
With the sheer increase in early voting alone, I think that a lot of polls, for lots of different elections, don’t mean shit.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The final polling emerging from Marist, CNN, Quinnipiac, and LAT would be having me getting an angry morning drunk on if I was a GOP strategist.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The final polling emerging from Marist, CNN, Quinnipiac, and LAT would be having me getting an angry morning drunk on if I was a GOP strategist.

I was looking at Real Clear Politics' poll listings and I saw a whole lot of blue, including in areas where they're far from guaranteed to win in previous years.

Of course, insert jokes about a certain poster saying that only Rasmussen counts because it's the only one that tells him what he wants to hear.

Reactions: Meghan54

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Why would you squelch something when you know no wrong has been done by you? As a Deplorable what i am more worried about is how D's are going to psychologically cope when the report says that there was no Russian collusion and no obstruction of justice. The investigation is kind of a thorn in Trump's side, and a way for D's to have some hope, but in the end they are going to be rather disappointed i think.

btw, who do you think has more enthusiasm... the Deplorables or the other side :)

https://twitter.com/Jamierodr10/status/1058431413719056386
E8dR7VC.gif

Not biting.

Also noticed you are one of the few people left on earth that believes in trickle down. That means you're either a multi-millionaire or retarded.

Reactions: Meghan54

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Why would you squelch something when you know no wrong has been done by you? As a Deplorable what i am more worried about is how D's are going to psychologically cope when the report says that there was no Russian collusion and no obstruction of justice. The investigation is kind of a thorn in Trump's side, and a way for D's to have some hope, but in the end they are going to be rather disappointed i think.

btw, who do you think has more enthusiasm... the Deplorables or the other side :)

https://twitter.com/Jamierodr10/status/1058431413719056386

I don't, personally, think that the Russian connection is of great importance. It's probably there, and it's absolutely of historical and academic importance that the truth comes out, but I just don't see how it is going to have much political effect. Impeachment won't happen and won't do much good if it does.

As for "deplorable" enthusiasm - I think it's more furious desperation. Those with some measure of power and privilege tend to become very active when they feel their status under threat (much more so than those who are used to lacking power, who tend to be disorganised, demotivated or just resigned to their situation). The Republicans have a lot of enthusiasm for parlaying the multiple built-in advantages conservatives have in the US system (which was designed to protect the interests of the white and wealthy from the start) into a means of maintaining control even as numbers move against them. Gerrymandering, voter-suppression and exploiting the absurd bias the system has towards low-population-density areas seem to me to mean the US may slowly lose all claim to be a democracy at all.

I think there's a general sociological principle in there. I once read a book about mass-killers that took the line that they almost always tended to come from demographic groups who were in crisis, that is, who had had a privileged status (but not at the top) that was now seriously under threat. It made a strong case, I think (such killers are rarely drawn from those at the very bottom of society or the very top). And of course there's what the French bourgeoisie did after the fall of the Paris Commune. The rage of the privileged under threat is a force to be reckoned with.