Edge is now the best browser!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ninaholic37

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2012
No, you can't.

1. It's the truth, I gave it an honest shot
2. I am in control of what I post
3. Not my fault it didn't work, almost everything else in Wine works. MS should test their products and exes more thoroughly before they release them

3 vs. 0, unless you have something else to add... but I'll give half a point for the UWP comment (I did not even know what that was until I googled it, been Windows free for 2 years) :D

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Just tried. Edge froze completely just after a few webpages.

Firefox & Chrome are still better.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
This thread is a mock or joke right? Edge still sucks. I can't even add extenstions anyway, error code 0x8007066d9

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
1. It's the truth, I gave it an honest shot
2. I am in control of what I post
3. Not my fault it didn't work, almost everything else in Wine works. MS should test their products and exes more thoroughly before they release them

3 vs. 0, unless you have something else to add... but I'll give half a point for the UWP comment (I did not even know what that was until I googled it, been Windows free for 2 years) :D

No, you tried a 16KB pointless exe that launches Edge in Windows 10. But whatever, keep trolling the windows threads, we all care about how you like Linux so much.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Bp4tikB.gif

Hugh Jass

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2011
I just tried to watch news videos on CNN and edge threw me to another tab each time I tried to go to full screen. I then tried FF 48.0.2 on the same video and had absolutely zero issues between moving from regular to full screen and back again. Edge's bizarre behavior continues to annoy me especially after the big update.

Some of you guys must have something screwy in your setups.

I just went to CNN in Edge and played a video...expanded it to full screen and back a couple of times with no issues.

I also was able to rearrange, rename and delete bookmarks at will with no issues.

Bardock

Mar 12, 2014
I agree with Hugh Jass. I have never really used edge and don't watch cnn but clicked on edge and went to cnn and fired up a video about a train derailment in iceland and it loaded right up, went full screen and back no problem.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The point is that edge is not consistent, sometimes it works and other times it won't and it looses itself quite easily requiring a restart. After I had the CNN video issue I had to close it out and restart it in order to get it to work right.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I've seen Edge act weirdly on Skylake platforms, and I'm pretty sure I read something on the Internet that Skylake + Edge = problem.

(I expect Skylake iGPU rather than the chipset or CPU)

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Some of you guys must have something screwy in your setups.

I just went to CNN in Edge and played a video...expanded it to full screen and back a couple of times with no issues.

I also was able to rearrange, rename and delete bookmarks at will with no issues.

Can't be anything screwy with mine, I have a new install of Windows 10 using the latest iso, installed last weekend and did the anniversary update but extensions don't install on mine, still get the 0x8007066d9 error no matter what, seems to have something to do with the update screwing around with the WU as there is reported some fix tool from MS but I never could find it though WU itself seems to work.

That doesn't mean I couldn't do another reformat and do the exact same steps all over again and would get the same issue because Windows has always been like that. You can do a new install and right off the bat have some oddball issue and the next install not have it ...or 6 months down the road get some oddball issue, that's just Windows and their crappy registry system. It's what happens when there are literally over 40 billion lines of code and new updates every month that add and modify code , everyone knows that.

Still a crappy browser compared to others and if I want to start a new tab at Googles website, I should be able to.