News Dow bouncing around -1000

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This may explain the run up.

From the article, last line:
"Tech investor Roger McNamee said the SoftBank report was disturbing. “If it’s true that SoftBank is doing that, it would be more signs that the fundamental picture here is decoupled from stock prices,” he said on CNBC. "

I've thought the last 6 months have been divorced from reality, even for wall street. This supports my world view. :p

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just another sunny day. Reality is finally setting in. We shall see.

Edit: Note to self. Next time FB touches 300 SELL!

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I was talking about the new Grand Wagoneer:

Which looks like a great SUV. I'd buy one for my wife if I could afford it. Of course, if I lived in the world of Robocop, I'd probably be willing to buy her 6000 SUX if she wanted one :)

FCA also has a Dodge Hellcat Durango coming out soon as well. I'm sure that will easily top 100K with options as well.
OOHHH!!! Ok cool. Cuz I was all over the Jeep website trying to come up with a fancy ass expensive vehicle and I was totally not able to do it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
OOHHH!!! Ok cool. Cuz I was all over the Jeep website trying to come up with a fancy ass expensive vehicle and I was totally not able to do it.
Since I'm a Grande Cherokee owner and haven't killed the dealer site, since that's where I do all my service, I get all the promo stuff. Yea, looks great, but not taking out a house loan for any vehicle anymore. Looking like 100k.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
My next car will be a level-5 or bust. I'd pay a premium for it too.

"Car? Take me to work, wake me 3 minutes before we land. Execute."

Reactions: Bitek

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I think the market will go up tomorrow because I sold some stuff today. My record of selling at the bottom has been impeccable for 15 years.
Every time FB gets hot, I put in high limit sell order, the very next day like clockwork it swoons and takes several weeks if not a couple months to get back to where my finger gets itchy again. It's all gravy as I sold half of it when it doubled after about 18 months from the initial IPO. It gives me an excuse to bitch about the alien owner Zuckerberg. As if I needed one.

Mar 11, 2004
My next car will be a level-5 or bust. I'd pay a premium for it too.

"Car? Take me to work, wake me 3 minutes before we land. Execute."

You're gonna be waiting awhile, unless you're willing to gamble with Tesla's (or whomever else decides to follow in claiming such high levels of autonomy) lies about how capable their system actually is. There's no one even close to that stuff right now and anyone claiming it is full on lying, and its gonna lead to deaths (just like it has with Teslas). Don't get me wrong, there's definitely improvements, but all of that tech, without properly trained drivers still alert behind the wheel, are a danger.

Reactions: heymrdj and cytg111

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
You're gonna be waiting awhile, unless you're willing to gamble with Tesla's (or whomever else decides to follow in claiming such high levels of autonomy) lies about how capable their system actually is. There's no one even close to that stuff right now and anyone claiming it is full on lying, and its gonna lead to deaths (just like it has with Teslas). Don't get me wrong, there's definitely improvements, but all of that tech, without properly trained drivers still alert behind the wheel, are a danger.

Shhh, don't let the clueless Teslabots in this forum hear that. I've told them this plenty of times and they usually blow up in an emotional Elon Musk koolaid-induced rage.

Reactions: heymrdj

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
True, and I dont anticipate to be part of the first round of statistics either ;). I figure I got some years 4+ left in my current ride, by then it would be nice if something real has materialized.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Shhh, don't let the clueless Teslabots in this forum hear that. I've told them this plenty of times and they usually blow up in an emotional Elon Musk koolaid-induced rage.
Show us on the drawing where the evil Elon touched you... ;)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
tenor.gif

Reactions: Homerboy

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
haha. Yeah, shut up about Tesla. As I predicted. Sold crap yesterday and MSFT (which I sold) went up 4% today. ALWAYS ALWAYS selling at the bottom.

Anywho. I put money into TESLA. I am not stupid. Well maybe I am for gambling. I know they are not worth even 1/3 of their stock price but I am counting on the fanboys to bid it up even more.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Happy Monday. Hope you have your seats in the upright position, and trays in their locked position. The pilot has turned on the seatbelt sign. Prepare for a bumpy ride.

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Good job orange monkey!!!! Well they’ll find a way to twist it.
No joke I could totally see them claiming the initially high stock market under Biden was Trump’s doing, the lower stock market after Biden’s doing, and now higher stocks Trump’s doing again.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Damn company stock finally broke 200. Projecting 220. Been sitting down as low as 174. Must call Fidelity tomorrow now that the market is finally looking slightly predictable again.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Record DOW, rate cuts coming, inflation at Fed target, 5% GDP growth, mortgage rates falling, cheap gasoline, rents falling, wages rising, grocery prices falling, and unemployment under 4%.

Here's why this is bad news for Joe Biden...

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Record DOW, rate cuts coming, inflation at Fed target, 5% GDP growth, mortgage rates falling, cheap gasoline, rents falling, wages rising, grocery prices falling, and unemployment under 4%.

Here's why this is bad news for Joe Biden...
To fuckin true.