News Dow bouncing around -1000

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I remember all those times the sycophants said Donald is wonderful because the stock market was strong. And that was literally the only they claimed which happened to be true at the time.
Now that its tanked and directly due to his actions I wonder if the sycophants will admit they were wrong to begin with, or admit he used to be good but now he sucks because the presidency is all about the stock market.

There's a run on bonds & now mutual funds, too. And it's not about the banks, nosirree Bob! The fundamentals of the economy are strong!

The whole thing was teetering on a mountain of debt before covid19 showed up.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Honestly thought about buying UVXY this morning when things were up. I didn't because Im still punking out.
I did sell out of a few up and down plays tho to get back to cash. I fucked up last Friday's bounce by not putting limit orders in, then got too busy at work then had to sit at ride it out all week.

Active case numbers are going to be moving up really fast now high speed testing is starting to kick in, plus with the normal spread of the virus.

I think next week is going to be freak out week. I'm going to wish I bought that UVXY down at $80 today...

God damnit.

Should just play short everyday Trump holds a press conference.
We'll all be dead, but at least I'd have some money back.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
BARRACK: Commercial Mortgages on Brink of Collapse...
Barrack, chairman and chief executive officer of Colony Capital Inc., warns in a white paper of a chain reaction of margin calls, mass foreclosures, evictions and, potentially, bank failures due to the coronavirus pandemic and consequent shutdown of much of the U.S. economy. The paper was posted late Sunday on online publishing platform Medium.

In a nation drunk stupid on leverage, anything short of unending growth.... becomes economic murder.

If this shutdown is not properly abated quickly, let me put this simply: The United States will end.
We are moments away from civil unrest due to economic collapse. It is possible to bridge the gap and avoid collapse, but our government has precious little time. Fail, and Americans will kill more Americans than any disease could ever dream of.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Barrack, chairman and chief executive officer of Colony Capital Inc., warns in a white paper of a chain reaction of margin calls, mass foreclosures, evictions and, potentially, bank failures due to the coronavirus pandemic and consequent shutdown of much of the U.S. economy. The paper was posted late Sunday on online publishing platform Medium.

In a nation drunk stupid on leverage, anything short of unending growth.... becomes economic murder.

If this shutdown is not properly abated quickly, let me put this simply: The United States will end.
We are moments away from civil unrest due to economic collapse. It is possible to bridge the gap and avoid collapse, but our government has precious little time. Fail, and Americans will kill more Americans than any disease could ever dream of.

what are you drinking?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

What game is Trump’s good friend playing at??

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Pst, hey, Gubnaments; how about tossing some scratch to the little people, huh?

So far, you've been dumping TRILLIONS into the stock market, banks, airlines, etc. and not getting much movement - other than losing more and more money.

Reactions: zinfamous

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Had a really good day today finally based on stimulus hopes, but looks like stocks are coming off of their highs for the day. Must be a Trump press conference starting soon.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm still not convinced we are at the bottom. Administration is asking states to suppress jobs and unemployment numbers. This is a feel good rally and not based on reality.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm still not convinced we are at the bottom. Administration is asking states to suppress jobs and unemployment numbers. This is a feel good rally and not based on reality.

We are like 2 weeks away from Americans seeing what real death looks like.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
the obvious answer is "stop making them pay rent" or "give them money to stay home" but somehow their broken worm-filled brains have decided that the real solution is "massive plague death" and the stock market will lose its shit when that happens.

Reactions: zinfamous

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Had a really good day today finally based on stimulus hopes, but looks like stocks are coming off of their highs for the day. Must be a Trump press conference starting soon.

you missed the "virtual town hall" Trump just had on Faux News.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
FUNNY....
How the markets explode with happiness and excitement whenever the fed government hands YOUR TAX DOLLARS over to the greed of Wall Street.
Especially when that loot to the greedy comes with NO STRINGS ATTACHED, and..... everyone assumes the greedy filthy rich can always be trusted TO DO THE RIGHT THING with YOUR savings and hard earned income.
Funny how that is.....

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

I would agree. Might have a few good days as they negotiate trillions in stimulus, but I think shit will hit fan again when sick numbers keep racing up.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Otoh, I don't know that we will go way down from yesterday low.

Is it the absolute bottom? IDK, but I don't know if I would 100% stay out of the market. This thing will eventually end one way it the other. We have some decent experience on disease trajectories and recoveries, eg China is back to work.

We're 2-3 weeks in a perhaps a 12 cycle.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Trying to decide if I keep my limit orders at just above this level, try to sell out and wait for another drop, or be greedy and move up higher. IDK. Prolly the former.

I'd really hope to see TSLA at $400 again.

I think the huge stimulus will drive market cycle for a couple days.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
The Biden bounce!!!!! During his interview on CNN. Jumped like 500 points in the 20 minutes during this interview.

And surprised it didn’t fall during Trump’s Fox townhall

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Wish it didn't.

We had to go up some points so we could have another multi thousand point drop later.
Trump had squeezed out about as much losing as possible, and we needed a recharge before we could get kicked in the nuts again.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Great to see the market bouncing back. Clearly we can drag our feet on that expensive stimulus bill again.