DOJ finally files lawsuit agaist sheiff Joe.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
Yeah kind of similar to the attack on the Constitution like jailing a US citizen, Jose Padilla, without charges in a military brig like the Bush Administration did for years without trial or contact with legal counsel.

Who is leading the assault?

I like how you forget about the assassination of anwar aliki by obama and his support of NDAA

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Isn't it fascinating how those who constantly talk about wanting a constitutional government, a government of limited power, a government of accountability and of law suddenly aren't when it comes to issues like this?

Is there or is there not credible evidence the charged person is engaged in behavior that systematically uses government authority to trample the rights of citizens? The answer, by the way, in case you were tempted to get it wrong, is yes. Is the correction of any systematic government abuse and violation of rights a good thing? Once again the answer is yes. Even if you don't think some of the administration's policies are constitutional or don't agree with all his policies, surely cracking down on someone flagrantly violating the rights of their fellow citizens is a good thing, unless of course there's no problem with governments abusing their citizens as long as most of the victims speak the wrong language or have the wrong color skin.

This all ASSumes there is a violation. So far nothing has been proven and from a Constitutional standpoint there is nothing wrong with local enforcement enforcing the Federal law. In fact I'd have to find it again but there is precedent for just such things to happen regarding immigration. But yeah, keep up with the ASSumption that it's all about race.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
This all ASSumes there is a violation. So far nothing has been proven and from a Constitutional standpoint there is nothing wrong with local enforcement enforcing the Federal law. In fact I'd have to find it again but there is precedent for just such things to happen regarding immigration. But yeah, keep up with the ASSumption that it's all about race.

Let we give you a quick lesson in the legal process since you seem to not understand it at even the most basic level. The proof comes during the trial. Since the trial hasn't started yet, claiming it isn't proven yet is kinda dumb. If there isn't proof, the court will rule in his favor. If there is, well, then they will rule against him because it has been proven. This is why we have trials, to determine if there is proof.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Let we give you a quick lesson in the legal process since you seem to not understand it at even the most basic level. The proof comes during the trial. Since the trial hasn't started yet, claiming it isn't proven yet is kinda dumb. If there isn't proof, the court will rule in his favor. If there is, well, then they will rule against him because it has been proven. This is why we have trials, to determine if there is proof.

Uhh... there have been previous claims and they've been trying to get him for YEARS. This isn't something new and nothing has stuck. His opponents have been gunning for him and now barney fife is going to try to make a case. Hmm... timing? Hmm...

So again this is mostly political bluster and posturing by the BHO administration.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
Uhh... there have been previous claims and they've been trying to get him for YEARS. This isn't something new and nothing has stuck. His opponents have been gunning for him and now barney fife is going to try to make a case. Hmm... timing? Hmm...

So again this is mostly political bluster and posturing by the BHO administration.

In that case the court should rule in his favor and their won't be a problem, now will there?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Wrong, as usual.

The previous claims were dropped because Arpaio finally complied with demands to turn over his Department's (Public) records, after refusing for months. That alone could have landed him in jail.

Do you think the crime of hiding Public Records is the act of a true American or something? Never mind, I know your answer.

The latest charges are completely separate and The Justice Department has been trying to negotiate for months, but Arpaio refuses to cooperate.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Wrong, as usual.

The previous claims were dropped because Arpaio finally complied with demands to turn over his Department's (Public) records, after refusing for months. That alone could have landed him in jail.

Do you think the crime of hiding Public Records is the act of a true American or something? Never mind, I know your answer.

The latest charges are completely separate and The Justice Department has been trying to negotiate for months, but Arpaio refuses to cooperate.

Uh no, not wrong at all. This is nothing new and nothing has stuck as it's mostly political posturing anyway.

public record? You mean like barney fife and his gun running?

No, they aren't completely seperate. Yes, they've been trying to get him to admit to something for months and years but again if you took half a second to actually think instead of go with the standard lib OMG racist/profiling/etc you'd see that not only is local enforcement of immigration ok - it's required at times. But yeah, because BHO and his lackeys want some votes they are trying to force law enforcement to look the other way. Sad really...

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Uh no, not wrong at all. This is nothing new and nothing has stuck as it's mostly political posturing anyway.

public record? You mean like barney fife and his gun running?

No, they aren't completely seperate. Yes, they've been trying to get him to admit to something for months and years but again if you took half a second to actually think instead of go with the standard lib OMG racist/profiling/etc you'd see that not only is local enforcement of immigration ok - it's required at times. But yeah, because BHO and his lackeys want some votes they are trying to force law enforcement to look the other way. Sad really...

Read the complaint; stop making a fool of yourself.

Well, you could try...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Go right ahead Cad, support Sheriff Joe to the hilt, as for me, its hard to be bullish about the future of a bigot like Sheriff Joe. Cad you can go wah wah wah all you please, but when Sheriff Joe is an expensive liability to his own county, 58 million so far, he is only comparable to the freezer guy, in William Jefferson. Ya he led the feds on a merry chase for far too long, but he is in the jail house now.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The DOJ needs to stay out, illegal immigration is a big problem and must be dealt with.

This case shows the complete hypocrisy of liberals, the constitution doesn't matter and is outdated yet in the topic of illegal immigration it all of a sudden matters

Stop making an ass of yourself... stay banned.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
lol yet what I first responded to you on was you claim that the answer was "yes" that he trampled blah blah blah.. lol you people are hilarious.

I know big words give you trouble so I'll count "trampled blah blah blah" as close enough for a direct quote for you. I will use small words and short sentences to see if we can't improve your understanding.

Man maybe broke law. Police study. Police think man broke law. Law broke was trampled rights. Man charged. Jury hears proof. Jury decides if man broke law.

I hope this version was simple enough to clarify for you.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ns-holder-with-contempt-over-fast-and-furious

Did someone withhold documents?

Do you think the crime of hiding Public Records is the act of a real American or something? Never mind, I know your answer.

The hypocrisy is strong in this thread. By the usual suspects of course.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, if you want to add to the hypocrisy in this thread by adding in the NRA and our second amendment right to buy and sell infinite guns. Somehow Issa is not my hero.

Unless somehow, monovillage, you stand foursquare on the side of Mexican drug cartels.

Scalia, Scalia, I once met a boy named Scalia, and suddenly it seems, any stupidity is possible.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, if you want to add to the hypocrisy in this thread by adding in the NRA and our second amendment right to buy and sell infinite guns. Somehow Issa is not my hero.

Unless somehow, monovillage, you stand foursquare on the side of Mexican drug cartels.

Scalia, Scalia, I once met a boy named Scalia, and suddenly it seems, any stupidity is possible.

Which Lemon Law are you?

I'm asking because some Lemon Laws have no recognition of American idiom english and others are very fluent.

Aside from that my main point was that Holder of the "most transparent administration evah" fame has done more to avoid FOIA and other inquiries that i've seen since Nixon's administration. and that is doing a disservice to John Mitchell.

btw, yes I know many FOIA laws were instituted because of the Nixon administration.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So you think the Federal Department of Justice is overstepping because it is trying to enforce Federal Law?

Not at all.

However, was the state been given the opportunity to resolve the issue before the feds stepped in?

Did the justice department meet with the state attorney general before the feds filed a suit?

Was the governor questioned, and given a chance to resolve the issue before the feds stepped in?

What is the highest level of law enforcement in arizona? Did the feds contact that agency before a lawsuit was filed?

Its called a chain of command - feds - governor - highest level of state law enforcement - - commissioners court - county judges,,,,,.

Did the justice department utilize other means to resolve the issue before they went straight to Sheriff Joe?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
:rolleyes:Jesus, what a complete misunderstanding of the role of the Justice department, much less the workings of our legal system.

I'd wager it came straight from your ass.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not at all.

However, was the state been given the opportunity to resolve the issue before the feds stepped in?

Did the justice department meet with the state attorney general before the feds filed a suit?

Was the governor questioned, and given a chance to resolve the issue before the feds stepped in?

What is the highest level of law enforcement in arizona? Did the feds contact that agency before a lawsuit was filed?

Its called a chain of command - feds - governor - highest level of state law enforcement - - commissioners court - county judges,,,,,.

Did the justice department utilize other means to resolve the issue before they went straight to Sheriff Joe?

2 funny things about this. First of all you have no idea what contacts there were between Arizona law enforcement and the justice department. Secondly, it is not Arizona's job to enforce federal law. The chain of command you are describing simply doesn't exist. Eric Holder is not the state attorney general's boss.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I know big words give you trouble so I'll count "trampled blah blah blah" as close enough for a direct quote for you. I will use small words and short sentences to see if we can't improve your understanding.

Man maybe broke law. Police study. Police think man broke law. Law broke was trampled rights. Man charged. Jury hears proof. Jury decides if man broke law.

I hope this version was simple enough to clarify for you.

lol but yet there you were flapping your gums about the answer was "yes". Do you not remember what you posted? It started our exchange.

Oh well, I'm sure that it's futile to talk sense with people like you - you have it stuck in your head that it's about racism so it'll always color your view.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
DOJ was ordered to be the tyranical arm of the President Tyrant O'Bammah.

DOJ is standing against Freedom and Justice.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
lol but yet there you were flapping your gums about the answer was "yes". Do you not remember what you posted? It started our exchange.

Oh well, I'm sure that it's futile to talk sense with people like you - you have it stuck in your head that it's about racism so it'll always color your view.

The question is do you remember what I posted? Let me quote it for you since you seem to have forgotten.

"Is there or is there not credible evidence the charged person is engaged in behavior that systematically uses government authority to trample the rights of citizens? The answer, by the way, in case you were tempted to get it wrong, is yes. Is the correction of any systematic government abuse and violation of rights a good thing? Once again the answer is yes."

All I said was there is credible evidence the law was broken. In cases where there is credible evidence the law was broken, there is often an investigation and charges are often filed. If there is insufficient evidence to convict, those charges can be dismissed or refuted by a jury. This is how the justice system works.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Not at all.

Sheriff Bully has been pulling the same shit for 20 years, meaning that the State of Arizona has had ample opportunity to act, just as southern states had ample opportunity prior to the civil rights acts.

The sad truth is that the Feds should have squashed Sheriff Joe long ago, but he was protected by the very people & culture you claim should have been consulted beforehand.

Here's part of the aftermath of Arpaio's bullying-

http://azcvoices.com/politics/2012/04/21/arpaio-and-thomas-costing-az-taxpayers-millions/