DOJ finally files lawsuit agaist sheiff Joe.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So where do you think the feds are required to enforce federal law? Mars?

I never said the feds should not enforce the laws.

This is a local issue, not a federal issue.

If the federal government is going to step in on stuff like this, why do we even have states? Why do we even elect a local government? Why do we even have local sheriffs?

If people are being harassed by a local sheriff, the state attorney general, or the state marshals need to step in.

If the state attorney general does not step in, then the justice department needs to sue both the sheriff and the attorney general.

This issue needs to be dealt with like any other chain of command.

Issues on a local level need to be dealt with on a state level, and then on a federal level.

If the state attorney general, and the highest level of law enforcement has not dealt with the issue, then the feds step in.

But by not taking care of the issue on a state level, everyone from the sheriff to the governor needs to pay the price.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
You want one department to subpoena another?

What I really want is the Fed to do the primary purpose of a Fed over a state government, which largely is defend the nation, manage a common currency, etc. Manage a common currency and defend the nation are the two at the top of my list.

The Fed manages a common currency very well. So well in fact that we're multiple Trillions short of them, and growing every year.

One would think with the Defense budgets we have, yearly, that we could prevent ourselves being invaded and rather have those wishing to come here follow our already established immigration process. Apperantly that is too difficult.

It should never come to Sheriff Joe needing to crack down on people speaking Spanish in jail because that should so rarely - the speaking Spanish part - be happening it would be a rarity. Instead we have so ineptly mismanaged our southern border policy (and I'd say, willfully mismanaged our southern border policy) that we have the entire US needing to overhaul public forms of communication everywhere to include the language our invaders speak.

Sheriff Joe on trial? Muahwhwhahahahhaaha!!! Lets put those who are responsible for border security on trial first, then hang them - in public.

When we get done with all them, then we can get to Sheriff Joe.

Chuck

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
What I really want is the Fed to do the primary purpose of a Fed over a state government, which largely is defend the nation, manage a common currency, etc. Manage a common currency and defend the nation are the two at the top of my list.

<snip>

Chuck

Exactly.

The justice department needs to worry about bigger issues then some sheriff on a local level.

If the justice department really wants to do something, shut down the people importing bathsalts that kids are getting high on. Shutdown the drug traffickers. How about just securing our borders?

Eric Holder is NOT the person to be pointing fingers after letting criminals buy firearms. If anyone should be sued, it should be eric holder. Why does eric even still have a job?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Chuck

That's what you said the first time.
Until The Department of Homeland Security gets its act together, The Department of Justice should stop enforcing the law of the land, or at least how it applies to Sheriff Joe.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Until The Department of Homeland Security gets its act together, The Department of Justice should stop enforcing the law of the land, or at least how it applies to Sheriff Joe.

My neighbors dog has been coming in my yard, can someone from the justice department take care of the issue? Because that is what this sheriff joe stuff amounts to.

We are becoming too dependent on the federal government to take care of issues that should be handled on a local level.

States have certain rights. By saying the federal government needs to do something, we are stripping the states of those rights.

The fed needs to keep its nose out of what happens on a local level, and worry about the nation as a whole.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
With any luck this is going to backfire on BHO and barney fife-Holder. The action is about supposed "discrimination" but it's going to be awful hard to prove. But anyway this goes to show you don't dare question or go against "the one" or his lackeys like Joe did lest you find yourself being charged with some BS charge.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
My neighbors dog has been coming in my yard, can someone from the justice department take care of the issue? Because that is what this sheriff joe stuff amounts to.

We are becoming too dependent on the federal government to take care of issues that should be handled on a local level.

States have certain rights. By saying the federal government needs to do something, we are stripping the states of those rights.

The fed needs to keep its nose out of what happens on a local level, and worry about the nation as a whole.

So you think the Federal Department of Justice is overstepping because it is trying to enforce Federal Law?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

Maybe I need to simplify this:

My house in on fire, and my car needs to be washed.

I'm not going to spend the time and effort washing the car when instead I should be calling the fire dept. and getting the valuables out of the house (if I can).

Our fine DoJ is instead sitting there debating whether to wash the car or not rather than finding a.) finding the arsonists who keep lighting houses on fire and b.) finding why the fire dept. who we're paying for isn't showing up to put them out.

I have been told before that these government officials/agencies can absolutely multitask, that they can work on multiple things at a time. I was actually told that what is now years ago at this point. And yet, in Reality, after years of multitasking, the Fed still has completely failed at every issue I then had listed out.

Now they've taken on a new issue, Sheriff Joe, who wouldn't even be an issue had the Fed done what we give them Trillions for every year (and even that's not enough, they deficit spend another Trillion or so on top of that).

Sorry. At some point one loses faith in Fed and instead puts their faith in their local and county officials (well, as much faith one can have in them). At least they are somewhat visible and under our voting control.

All this is is another election year stunt to get latino, Bleeding Heart, White Guilter, 'Damn The Man', etc. voters energized up so the DoJ, controlled by O'Bummer, can be seen as doing something for their interests.

Cry me a F'ing river.....

Chuck

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
With any luck this is going to backfire on BHO and barney fife-Holder. The action is about supposed "discrimination" but it's going to be awful hard to prove. But anyway this goes to show you don't dare question or go against "the one" or his lackeys like Joe did lest you find yourself being charged with some BS charge.

More likely it means if you don't want the Feds investigating you, stop breaking the law.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Maybe I need to simplify this:

My house in on fire, and my car needs to be washed.

I'm not going to spend the time and effort washing the car when instead I should be calling the fire dept. and getting the valuables out of the house (if I can).

Our fine DoJ is instead sitting there debating whether to wash the car or not rather than finding a.) finding the arsonists who keep lighting houses on fire and b.) finding why the fire dept. who we're paying for isn't showing up to put them out.

I have been told before that these government officials/agencies can absolutely multitask, that they can work on multiple things at a time. I was actually told that what is now years ago at this point. And yet, in Reality, after years of multitasking, the Fed still has completely failed at every issue I then had listed out.

Now they've taken on a new issue, Sheriff Joe, who wouldn't even be an issue had the Fed done what we give them Trillions for every year (and even that's not enough, they deficit spend another Trillion or so on top of that).

Sorry. At some point one loses faith in Fed and instead puts their faith in their local and county officials (well, as much faith one can have in them). At least they are somewhat visible and under our voting control.

All this is is another election year stunt to get latino, Bleeding Heart, White Guilter, 'Damn The Man', etc. voters energized up so the DoJ, controlled by O'Bummer, can be seen as doing something for their interests.

Cry me a F'ing river.....

Chuck

No, I get it...if there weren't all these illegals in his jail, then Joe wouldn't have had to violate their rights in the first place.

Except what about the legal hispanic citizens he harasses? Oh well, some collateral damage is to be expected, I guess.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
There has nothing been proven that any law has been broken. This is a witch hunt against Joe because he dared cross BHO and barney fife.

Nothing has proven that this is a "witch hunt" either. That's just your opinion.

The courts have the final say.

Why do you have a problem with that?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
No, I get it...if there weren't all these illegals in his jail, then Joe wouldn't have had to violate their rights in the first place.

Except what about the legal hispanic citizens he harasses? Oh well, some collateral damage is to be expected, I guess.

Don't want more illegals, don't treat them nice. Legal Latinos not treated nice because of that policy can go directly to their illegal brethern - of which they all have - and say Thanks.

Again: Had the Fed not allowed the illegal invasion to happen - again - one would not need to be telling inmates "Speak English". They'd already be speaking English. Kowtowing to inmates that can't be bothered to learn English, who know it but chose not to speak it because they get some joy out of being difficult, etc. is basically pure idiocy.

This is America. We speaking motherf*cking English here. Don't like it? Too f*cking bad, deal with the results of not speaking it.

Where does this "logic" come from that we should placate illegals/prisoners????

Chuck

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I don't think you understand what this is about
Don't want more illegals, don't treat them nice. Legal Latinos not treated nice because of that policy can go directly to their illegal brethern - of which they all have - and say Thanks.

Again: Had the Fed not allowed the illegal invasion to happen - again - one would not need to be telling inmates "Speak English". They'd already be speaking English. Kowtowing to inmates that can't be bothered to learn English, who know it but chose not to speak it because they get some joy out of being difficult, etc. is basically pure idiocy.

This is America. We speaking motherf*cking English here. Don't like it? Too f*cking bad, deal with the results of not speaking it.

Chuck

You should read the charges; I don't think you fully understand what this is all about.

There are now working links to that information.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I don't think you understand what this is about

You should read the charges; I don't think you fully understand what this is all about.

There are now working links to that information.

From the Yahoo link:

"“Arpaio singles out Mexicans and Latinos as different from all other immigrant groups in America,” the complaint says. “For example, Arpaio states that Latinos maintain ‘language [,] customs [and] beliefs separate from the mainstream,’ and are trying to “reconquest” American soil through migration to the United States."

Absolutely accurate.

"Reuters also has some thorough early reporting, including quotes from Arpaio's statement responding to the DOJ charge: "I do not tolerate racist attitudes or behaviors. We at the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office do not foster a 'culture of cruelty." There's also more in the Reuters report from the suit's allegations:

"Latinos in Maricopa County are frequently stopped, detained, and arrested on the basis of race, color or national origin," the suit said. "In addition, defendants MCSO (Maricopa County Sheriff's Office) and Arpaio pursue a pattern or practice of illegal retaliation against their perceived critics by subjecting them to baseless criminal action, unfounded civil lawsuits or meritless administrative actions.""

So the official statement is that the Sheriff Office doesn't foster a 'culture of cruelt'. Hahahaha!!! Of course that is their statement. All SO's would say that. Anyone who knows cops knows exactly how they feel and many times treat those they encounter. When you deal with scum day in and day out, and that scum is 80% one demographic, guess what? You won't be having a positive view of that demographic as a whole. This is the issue the DoJ has saw fit to investigate?????

Better hire lots more DoJ super smart legal guys, they're going to have to file lawsuits against every police dept in the US that has high numbers of poor demographics, as every one will be guilty of this.

I really like the timing though, it's perfect: SJ has been getting stuff like this thrown at him for years now - years. But 2012, which just so happens to be election year, that's when the DoJ is going to put its foot down and say 'No Mas!'. Not 2009, not 2010, not 2011...nope, 2012. Weird isn't it? Given he's been charged with doing this stuff pretty much since he got into that position and started playing hardball?

So what is the positive in getting rid of SJ and replacing him with what will be a much more pacified version? Hmmm.....lets see, positive for illegals/criminals/guilters, obvious. Positive for the rest of us? Hmmm.....None as far as I see it.

I can't wait to hear the reasoning here, can't wait...

Chuck

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sheriff Bully is lucky it's a lawsuit & not an indictment, given all the crap he's pulled over the years.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

Chuck

sarcasm? you can't possibly be that big of a redneck and still operate a computer

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Its funny in the mind of regressives that somehow investigating someone violating civil rights is a bad thing. Then again, SJ supporters don't give a shit, as long as its mostly brown people. Actually to them, its a bonus.

Apr 27, 2012
The DOJ needs to stay out, illegal immigration is a big problem and must be dealt with.

This case shows the complete hypocrisy of liberals, the constitution doesn't matter and is outdated yet in the topic of illegal immigration it all of a sudden matters

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

Chuck

Hope you don't live in Texas. Or you an Texhiker will be having heart attacks together in the near future as Texas is on track to be the first state to have hispanic majority by 2020. Texas will be a blue state a few years after the next census.

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
The DOJ needs to stay out, illegal immigration is a big problem and must be dealt with.

This case shows the complete hypocrisy of liberals, the constitution doesn't matter and is outdated yet in the topic of illegal immigration it all of a sudden matters

Ronald Reagan is a liberal?

\zoinks!

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Funny how holding someone violating the constitution is a good thing as long as what they are doing is to brown people.