DOJ finally files lawsuit agaist sheiff Joe.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
The DOJ needs to stay out, illegal immigration is a big problem and must be dealt with.

This case shows the complete hypocrisy of liberals, the constitution doesn't matter and is outdated yet in the topic of illegal immigration it all of a sudden matters

Who are these liberals you speak of that think the constitution doesn't matter?

Hanging out with the Trig taunters, no doubt?

Apr 27, 2012
Who are these liberals you speak of that think the constitution doesn't matter?

Hanging out with the Trig taunters, no doubt?

There are many liberals who believe that the constitution shouldn't matter when coming up with there social programs

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
It must be an election year and BHO fears he may be replaced. Having Holder stir the immigration pot is just what he needs. Take the lack of jobs and our $15T debt off the front page. Genius, pure and simple.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The DOJ needs to stay out, illegal immigration is a big problem and must be dealt with.

This case shows the complete hypocrisy of liberals, the constitution doesn't matter and is outdated yet in the topic of illegal immigration it all of a sudden matters
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually the Obama record shows exactly the opposite. Compared the GWB, Obama is arresting way more illegals, deporting way more illegals, but still illegals immigrants keep coming. As farmers in Arizona and Alabama who depend on migrant labor to harvest their crops are going broke.

As to a great extent in Arizona, the problem is becoming illegal Mexican drug cartels who find eager buyers of drugs in the USA.

As for most republirats, they complain about illegal immigration but do nothing to prosecute those inside the USA who hire them.

Last edited:

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Also Sheriff Joe has been ignoring a subpoena to turn in documents for a year or better.

The Sheriff Joe problem is that ALL States must comply with Federal Law, and ole Joe has been running roughshod over Federal civil rights law. I suspect that Joe better start singing a different tune or he will find himself jailed, for contempt if nothing else, and he will look so good in a bright orange jail jumpsuit.

Joe will be in a bright pink jumpsuit of his own design:biggrin:

Well he might just have to wear the pink underwear:thumbsdown:

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
With any luck this is going to backfire on BHO and barney fife-Holder. The action is about supposed "discrimination" but it's going to be awful hard to prove. But anyway this goes to show you don't dare question or go against "the one" or his lackeys like Joe did lest you find yourself being charged with some BS charge.

Cough *BS*

Why are you speaking in such shadowed language? Joe is not following the Constitution. It is the duty of the DOJ to take him down for that.

Nothing to do with "the one" as you so cleverly put it.

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
The liberals and progressives have been leading the assault on the Constitution

Yeah kind of similar to the attack on the Constitution like jailing a US citizen, Jose Padilla, without charges in a military brig like the Bush Administration did for years without trial or contact with legal counsel.

Who is leading the assault?

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
Isn't it fascinating how those who constantly talk about wanting a constitutional government, a government of limited power, a government of accountability and of law suddenly aren't when it comes to issues like this?

Is there or is there not credible evidence the charged person is engaged in behavior that systematically uses government authority to trample the rights of citizens? The answer, by the way, in case you were tempted to get it wrong, is yes. Is the correction of any systematic government abuse and violation of rights a good thing? Once again the answer is yes. Even if you don't think some of the administration's policies are constitutional or don't agree with all his policies, surely cracking down on someone flagrantly violating the rights of their fellow citizens is a good thing, unless of course there's no problem with governments abusing their citizens as long as most of the victims speak the wrong language or have the wrong color skin.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Isn't it fascinating how those who constantly talk about wanting a constitutional government, a government of limited power, a government of accountability and of law suddenly aren't when it comes to issues like this?

Is there or is there not credible evidence the charged person is engaged in behavior that systematically uses government authority to trample the rights of citizens? The answer, by the way, in case you were tempted to get it wrong, is yes. Is the correction of any systematic government abuse and violation of rights a good thing? Once again the answer is yes. Even if you don't think some of the administration's policies are constitutional or don't agree with all his policies, surely cracking down on someone flagrantly violating the rights of their fellow citizens is a good thing, unless of course there's no problem with governments abusing their citizens as long as most of the victims speak the wrong language or have the wrong color skin.

That's because 'constitutional government' is shorthand for 'government that does what I want'. It's very similar to how 'judicial activism' is shorthand for 'a court decision I don't like'.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
This is nothing more then obama courting the spanish vote for the 2012 election.

Latino vote - check
College kids in debt vote - check
Union votes - check
Gay vote - check (although he just said he approved of gay marriage... doesn't mean he will do anything about it)

Obama is working his way down the list.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
sarcasm? you can't possibly be that big of a redneck and still operate a computer

Not a redneck at all, or from the south. Playing by US rules when dealing with a group that plays by no rules is the best way to lose. See: Iraq, Afghanistan for perfect examples. Of course, our illegal invasion is designed to continue. Neither major political party wants it to stop, so it's allowed to just keep happening. Disgusting.

Hope you don't live in Texas. Or you an Texhiker will be having heart attacks together in the near future as Texas is on track to be the first state to have hispanic majority by 2020. Texas will be a blue state a few years after the next census.

Every liberal, Bleeding Heart, and White Guilter just came in their pants when they read that.

Chuck

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Not a redneck at all, or from the south. Playing by US rules when dealing with a group that plays by no rules is the best way to lose. See: Iraq, Afghanistan for perfect examples. Of course, our illegal invasion is designed to continue. Neither major political party wants it to stop, so it's allowed to just keep happening. Disgusting.

Redneck is a state of mind.

Every liberal, Bleeding Heart, and White Guilter just came in their pants when they read that.

Chuck

Not at all, but I get the definite impression that you're quivering in your boots at the prospects of a non-white majority in this country. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't be raving quite so loud.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Chuck

You do realize that Texas was already more purple than you think.
In fact the last decent governor they had was a Democrat. Of course this was back before Republicans went full retard.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Redneck is a state of mind.

Not at all, but I get the definite impression that you're quivering in your boots at the prospects of a non-white majority in this country. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't be raving quite so loud.

I love how liberals have this mental image of people not wanting millions of illegal invaders in their country as 'quivering'. What a power trip it must be when you think like that.

I live in a town and county where I'm the minority - by far. If I had some fear of being surrounded by minorities I'd have moved long ago.

Try again.

Chuck

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
You do realize that Texas was already more purple than you think.
In fact the last decent governor they had was a Democrat. Of course this was back before Republicans went full retard.

That comment wasn't really directed at Texans, but those groups in general. The Rep's going full retard really little to do with illegal immigration. Both sides of the aisle have been exploiting them for decades.

Chuck

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
That comment wasn't really directed at Texans, but those groups in general. The Rep's going full retard really little to do with illegal immigration. Both sides of the aisle have been exploiting them for decades.

Chuck

I will agree with you there.
But I also see why the DOJ is going after MCSO.
The illegals are certainly criminals, but they are human, and have civil rights.
You can't have someone violate those rights simply because they committed a crime.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I will agree with you there.
But I also see why the DOJ is going after MCSO.
The illegals are certainly criminals, but they are human, and have civil rights.
You can't have someone violate those rights simply because they committed a crime.

I have no problem with them going after a SO that is violating prisoners rights. None at all.

What I do have a problem with is them wasting their time on what is a small fry problem - for obvious political gain - when they have for decades willfully been ignoring the Fed sized F up that is lack of illegal invasion control.

Not only is it hugely hypocritical (like, orders of magnitude hypocritical), but it is massively inefficient. Solve the illegal invasion problem, and SO like SJ go away (or are so diminished they are handled on rare case by case basis).

Instead they'll just keep on keepin on pretending they're doing anything meaningful about illegal immigration and smokescreen a SJ show trial so they can stir up their base in the 2012 election year.

It's F'ing disgusting our own Fed does this. Those in charge - for decades now - should be literally hung for Treason. It is inexcusable what they've allowed, and, continue to allow.

Chuck