Diablo 3 Retail Client Download Links; Predownload the Installer, Retail and Digital

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
I got in on the pre-order sale at Newegg for $50. Any idea how fast Newegg is with new releases? Amazon is great I know from personal experience, but I haven't used Newegg for game launches before.

Neither have I.

I asked Amazon if they would price match...(Just to test my luck) and no avail.

I asked the newegg CS about release day shipping, and they said it might not even ship on release date due to processing..

amongst the forums it's a 25% chance you recieve it on release day from what I was reading.

PS. 79% of all statistics are made up.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
I hope someone else has it for around $50 or so. I have to know I didnt pay full retail price for something. :)

Anyways, we will see what happens, hopefully I dont end up paying full price on the 15th.

Last edited:

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
Probably a dumb question but is there going to be any way to get this game to Steam? I'm becoming a fan of having all games possible in steam.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
My retail copy was despatched yesterday so should get it tomorrow,however still got to wait until official release day before we can play D3.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I'm wondering if anyone has experience w/ newegg preorders? do they ship right away on the day of release? that is 15th?

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Damn! ..... have to redownload the installer again, wish Blizzard would get their act together.

We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.

1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below
2. Point the download save at the same directory as before
3. If you chose the correct directory only around 65MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

New EU English Installer
New EU English Installer (Mac)
New German Installer
New German Installer (Mac)

Whether you repair your previous install or download the entire game again, it's necessary to use this new downloader to install and play the game when it launches.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/New_Downloaders_for_English_and_German-12_05_2012#blog

mingsoup

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
Last edited:

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Damn! ..... have to redownload the installer again, wish Blizzard would get their act together.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/New_Downloaders_for_English_and_German-12_05_2012#blog

Yeah... 65 megabytes is a completely unfair amount to download after we already downloaded over 7Gb :)

Glad I spotted that info over at Bnet and downloaded it. 65mb on my connection with Virgin Media who are liable to lay down traffic management on my downloads for D3 could have been an extra 30 minutes download time -_-

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Yeah... 65 megabytes is a completely unfair amount to download after we already downloaded over 7Gb :)

Glad I spotted that info over at Bnet and downloaded it. 65mb on my connection with Virgin Media who are liable to lay down traffic management on my downloads for D3 could have been an extra 30 minutes download time -_-

I went from Virgin cable to Bethere ISP,no download restrictions and best ISP I have ever used.

I should get my retail Diablo 3 game Monday providing Royal Mail get their act together.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I went from Virgin cable to Bethere ISP,no download restrictions and best ISP I have ever used.

I should get my retail Diablo 3 game Monday providing Royal Mail get their act together.

I think Parcel Force are delivering my CE but Game.co.uk gave me a tracking number without telling me who the courier is... oh and I don't know whether it's going to be here on Monday or Tuesday.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Weird. I picked the same directory, somehow it still was trying to dl the whole 7gb.... Oh well....

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Weird. I picked the same directory, somehow it still was trying to dl the whole 7gb.... Oh well....

Don't select the directory. Select the place where the directory is.

It's a fail system but this is the way it works.

nycxandy

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001

This is for the German and EU English versions. You're from California, so it's not necessary unless you didn't download the NA one.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Hmm, going to take a whole 20 minutes to DL the installer. My connection is lazy today ;)

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I got a good deal in UK for pre-order of D3 retail at £26.49 inc free delivery (about $42.73) ,so can't complain,nice to buy it at a decent price and not overpriced like you normally find for new games.

A good deal was Amazon at £22.43 delivered.
That's what I pre-ordered at, and then got the VAT off because I live in the Channel Islands, so final price is £19.14.

£45 for digital download of something that could be pre ordered retail boxed for under half of that is definitely extortion.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I think Parcel Force are delivering my CE but Game.co.uk gave me a tracking number without telling me who the courier is... oh and I don't know whether it's going to be here on Monday or Tuesday.

I did not think CE version was worth the price(nothing in there I liked) so ordered standard edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.