Diablo 3 Retail Client Download Links; Predownload the Installer, Retail and Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
While this will not install yet (the servers aren't up and you most likely don't have a CD key), here are the download links that you can use to pre-download it rather than downloading on the day of release (probably will be slow) or installing from DVD. The file is 7.6GBs and uses the Blizzard Downloader.

Notes (from incGamers):
If you have not already, uninstall the D3 beta. There is no way to upgrade the beta to the full game. They are entirely different clients.

This download can be used with a box copy of D3 or D3CE, as it’s the same data as you’ll get on the DVD. Grabbing this now will save you much of the installation time from the DVD.

You especially want to get this now if you’re doing a digital DL, since download times for the 7gig of data will be much slower come launch day.

On May 14th Blizzard is unlocking the installer; at that point you will be able to fully install the game from the data here; you just can’t play until the servers go live that night at midnight.

NA English Installer

Europe English Installer

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Is this for D3 no matter where you purchased it? Or is this only for pre-orders from blizzard's store?

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Is this for D3 no matter where you purchased it? Or is this only for pre-orders from blizzard's store?

From everything I'm reading, it should be for any install. The install files from digital and retail should be interchangeable. Digital purchases will be automatically added to your account once released. Retail copies will have to be added through the Blizzard Account management using the CD key in the box you receive.

The installer will not run until they unlock it though, which will be on the 14th. Downloading now and Installing on the 14th allows you to beat the rush so to speak before the influx of installations hitting Blizzard's Servers.

Last edited:

Rukian

Mar 12, 2012
There will also be a large patch released when they let you install (5/14 8am PDT).

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yes even if you get the retail version you should be able to predownload 90% of the game and then simply enter your CD key into it when it opens up, download the last 10% and be good to go.

its how all the WOW xpacs worked and SC2

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I purchased my preorder copy from newegg, they will ship it physically so I assume it's retail copy. Will this download work for retail? I mean all I need is the key from my retail copy correct? or does this only work if you purchased through blizzard?

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
I purchased my preorder copy from newegg, they will ship it physically so I assume it's retail copy. Will this download work for retail? I mean all I need is the key from my retail copy correct? or does this only work if you purchased through blizzard?
I imagine all you need is the key which will go into your battle.net account

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Shame I can't get any of the game companies to email me out my D3 key before they ship my DVD.

I refuse to pay the extortionate amount that Blizzard want for the game when I have got guarunteed delivery on the 15th for about $15 less than they are charging (It's a little over £10 cheaper).

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Thanks OP. With my slow internet connection it will probably take until the 14th to finish downloading.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Shame I can't get any of the game companies to email me out my D3 key before they ship my DVD.

I refuse to pay the extortionate amount that Blizzard want for the game when I have got guarunteed delivery on the 15th for about $15 less than they are charging (It's a little over £10 cheaper).

Bnet wanted a cool +40% forex fee for digital over my local retail copy.

Madia

May 2, 2006
I just bought and downloaded it today. The download was going extremly slow until I unchecked the peer to peer option.

Oct 19, 2000

I laughed out loud at the use of the word "extortionate". $60 is far from it.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I laughed out loud at the use of the word "extortionate". $60 is far from it.

When most brand new games are ~£25 (~$40) then I'd consider £44.99 (~$70) to be extortionate.

When I can get the game for £35 and Blizzard want £45, I'd call that extortionate by Blizzard.

Get with the program.

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
When most brand new games are ~£25 (~$40) then I'd consider £44.99 (~$70) to be extortionate.

When I can get the game for £35 and Blizzard want £45, I'd call that extortionate by Blizzard.

Get with the program.

Apparently things work differently across the pond. Many new releases are now $60.00.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002

Yup.

The way Blizzard works today is that games are added to your battle.net account and you can freely download and install them whenever/wherever. Once you get your CD_key from the retail copy, just attach it to your account and finish the install.. I'm in the same situation as you, actually.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Skyrim is still $60. D3 is the same price and going to have 1000x the replayability.

= OMG BLIZZARD RIPPED ME OFF

hmm don't know about that. i put in over 100 hours on my first run through of skyrim. I been debating on makeing another toon (first one was a 1h+shield thinking of pure magic one).

IF its anything like daggerfall/oblivion etc i will put in over 500 hours easily.

i don't think i put in that much in D2+expansions.

but yeah well worth the money (FREE for me!)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I just bought and downloaded it today. The download was going extremly slow until I unchecked the peer to peer option.

Yeah, I always turn off peer-to-peer in the Blizzard downloaders. It reminds me of back in the early days of BitTorrent (which is what the downloader uses). Back in those days, if you weren't careful about monitoring your upload, BitTorrent would easily max out your entire upload connection (which was typically rather poor to begin with), and without the ability to send packets out (upload), your download suffered terribly.

I was quite pleased when BitTornado came out and provided controls to adjust your download/upload rates, slots, etc.

IeraseU

Aug 25, 2004
I got in on the pre-order sale at Newegg for $50. Any idea how fast Newegg is with new releases? Amazon is great I know from personal experience, but I haven't used Newegg for game launches before.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I got in on the pre-order sale at Newegg for $50. Any idea how fast Newegg is with new releases? Amazon is great I know from personal experience, but I haven't used Newegg for game launches before.

I have the game downloaded and ready to install on two computers, but I haven't bought a copy yet. I'm hoping to find something like the newegg deal. If all else fails I can always buy two copies of it on Blizzards website on the 15th.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

I got a good deal in UK for pre-order of D3 retail at £26.49 inc free delivery (about $42.73) ,so can't complain,nice to buy it at a decent price and not overpriced like you normally find for new games.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I imagine all you need is the key which will go into your battle.net account

Yup.

The way Blizzard works today is that games are added to your battle.net account and you can freely download and install them whenever/wherever. Once you get your CD_key from the retail copy, just attach it to your account and finish the install.. I'm in the same situation as you, actually.

thanks to both! I will commence DL tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.