DeSantis now dictating school curriculums from the capital of Florida

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Reactions: soundforbjt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
DeSantis stated AP Black History has "no educational value"

White centric AP European History is cool with him but Black History, forget it.

DeSantis: "Screw those spooks"

Republicans continue with their nationwide campaign of racism by eliminating black history

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
My AP American History test was so woke the long essay question was on Brooker T Washington and W E B Du Bois.

I can only imagine the meltdown that would bring today.

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is what you get allowing Republican politicians to take over public school curriculums.

As she studied Elie Wiesel’s acceptance speech for the Nobel Prize in 1986, Matt Pecic’s daughter, a ninth grader in the Central Bucks School District, sent him a quote by the Holocaust survivor that she said made her think of her father:

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented,” said the author of more than 50 books, including Night.

"When your daughter says that ... I’m like, that’s a great quote to hang up,” said Pecic, a high school librarian in the district.

Pecic displayed the quote on his library’s window at Central Bucks South on Monday. On Wednesday morning, he said, his principal asked him to take it down, saying it violated a new policy that bans staff from advocating beliefs on “partisan, political, or social policy issues” to students."
Central Bucks librarian says he was directed to remove Holocaust survivor’s quote from window for violating advocacy policy (msn.com)

Now we can't tell the truth about the Holocaust

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

ASK THE COMMUNITY