Democratic Primary Poll (Formerly Warren or Gabbard)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Warren or Gabbard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Its going to be a crazy 6 months as everyone lines up. We'll have to see who wins the money primary between now and the end of the year.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
You mean the guy who is being investigated for ethics violations?

Lulz.. some dipshit state house person filed the complaint and claimed that going to a free conference in Italy was an ethics violation even though Hickenlooper paid for the trip himself.

Hickenlooper is not extreme enough to survive the D primary process but I think he could be a good general candidate. social progressive and moderate on economic issues that the middle of the country cares about. some chops on gun control with universal background and 30 rd mag bans in CO. strong on social issues.

i, as an undecided / unaffiliated and living in CO would vote for him. I would not vote for warren as president. it will be difficult for her to win the general.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lulz.. some dipshit state house person filed the complaint and claimed that going to a free conference in Italy was an ethics violation even though Hickenlooper paid for the trip himself.

Hickenlooper is not extreme enough to survive the D primary process but I think he could be a good general candidate. social progressive and moderate on economic issues that the middle of the country cares about. some chops on gun control with universal background and 30 rd mag bans in CO. strong on social issues.

If thats true, it still taints him. I wanted to verify it was him before I went too far into research. Fairly unique name, so I figured it was the right person.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
If thats true, it still taints him. I wanted to verify it was him before I went too far into research. Fairly unique name, so I figured it was the right person.

get out of the weeds and see the forest.
a single off the wall ethics violation investigation and its throw him out with the bath water, double down and do a DNA test that proves you are not what you say you are and triple down after that? Lets nominate her!

if that is how its going to play, Biden is out too, his campaign paid a bunch of fines for campaign finance stuff.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
a single off the wall ethics violation investigation and its throw him out with the bath water, double down and do a DNA test that proves you are not what you say you are and triple down after that? Lets nominate her!

if that is how its going to play, Biden is out too, his campaign paid a bunch of fines for campaign finance stuff.

Hillary emails remember?. His might not be prohibitive, but, it taints him. If that's all it's pretty good.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Biden's got a skeleton full of closets. His candidacy will dissolve like an Alka-Seltzer.

I think every candidate besides Bernie is fatally flawed. Warren is probably the closest, but to your point her DNA test is a huge issue.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Biden's got a skeleton full of closets. His candidacy will dissolve like an Alka-Seltzer.

I think every candidate besides Bernie is fatally flawed. Warren is probably the closest, but to your point her DNA test is a huge issue.

You think the career politician with zero legislative accomplishments and who's policies don't add up, math wise, isn't flawed?

Reactions: herm0016

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
You think the career politician with zero legislative accomplishments and who's policies don't add up, math wise, isn't flawed?

I think he's flawed. I just don't think he's fatally flawed. To use Joe Biden as a counterexample, Biden voted for the Iraq war and was an architect of mass incarceration. Those are fatal flaws in 2020.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I like Warren, I am ok with Gabbard, would prefer to see Sanders. Alternative to Sanders that I like is Ojeda, but I know he is fringe candidate.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

I know the A. Hill thing. I remember his guns thing. What else is there?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
While Harris is probably the most qualified, intelligent, cuthroat and politically savvy of all the female candidates(and well, the men who have announced at this point)...she's not the answer the Dems need. Good luck with PA, MI, IA, and WI with her. Ohio and Florida are definitely out with her. She can't win the electoral.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
While Harris is probably the most qualified, intelligent, cuthroat and politically savvy of all the female candidates(and well, the men who have announced at this point)...she's not the answer the Dems need. Good luck with PA, MI, IA, and WI with her. Ohio and Florida are definitely out with her. She can't win the electoral.

Any single democrat should be able to win against trump easily. If America can't collectively empty out the trash that's in the white house now, then we deserve everything and anything we've got coming to us.

2020, like 2016, will be a binary election, period, full stop.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Any single democrat should be able to win against trump easily. If America can't collectively empty out the trash that's in the white house now, then we deserve everything and anything we've got coming to us.

2020, like 2016, will be a binary election, period, full stop.

Should yes. But we are beyond reason and logic in political decisions. Fuck *your* feelings. Mine are more important.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Interesting. The damage from that I would bet comes from the Left. The Right is going to see him as tough on crime. If he does run, then he will need to find a way to mitigate the Left while not going so far as to make the Right think he is weak on crime.

If it does play out, he will have do some work.

I don't agree with that. I think mass incarceration, private prison abuse, and other CJ overreaching from the '90s are now widely seen as a huge mistake and a grave injustice. Trump's base is maybe the only group that still likes that stuff.