Democratic National Convention

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Oh dear god make the "poor black woman victim" crap stop. Yeah, you've got a sob story, I get it. I don't care. Life's tough woman, stop blaming others.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Craig Roberts is really horrible reading the teleprompter. So fake. He would have been better off writing his own speech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: spidey07
Oh dear god make the "poor black woman victim" crap stop. Yeah, you've got a sob story, I get it. I don't care. Life's tough woman, stop blaming others.

My god, I don't get all this emphasis on the wife.

Is she getting a cabinet position?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: spidey07

My god, I don't get all this emphasis on the wife.

Is she getting a cabinet position?

LOL!

She's still playing the victim!!!!

We need fairness! We need justice!!! I seriously want to punch her in the face.

Aww naw you didn't! She is going into exactly what I predicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Duwelon
Originally posted by: GroundedSailor
Originally posted by: quest55720
I may completely disagree with ted but it is good to see him speaking with passion.

His hair is falling due to chemo and I understand his doctors warned him not to attend and he still gives a good rousing speech.

Good on him. :thumbsup:

Man it hurt watching him speak. Virtually everything I saw, including the tribute video leading up to his speech was pure emotional drivel, intended to bypass as many people's normal thought as possible. The only real substance he had was his "healthcare is a right, not a privilege and the stance on the Iraq war". I quit watching it because I couldn't keep saying "What a load of crap" or my mouth would hurt.

The "Change" the Democratic party is wanting to get votes over will bankrupt this country, destroy our prosperity by rewarding every lazy slob out there for being a lazy slob.

It may be God's judgement on the whole world for Obama to win because I assure you, if he does, absolutely nothing will get any better for anyone in the long term.

Are you so blinded by your partisan views that you cannot recognize the personal pluck and fortitude of a dying man who stood up for his beliefs?

Even if you disagreed entirely with his ideas?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL!

She sucks so much it's laughable. Nothing, literally nothing of substance.

Wait for it, wait for it...here it comes....the dreaming!!!

"this is the moment!"
"this is the next president!"
"this is the moment!"
"this is the moment!"
"this is the change!"
"this is the moment!"

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Are you kidding me? Are they all under some spell or something? The panning of the audience is a bit telling. "Get the camera on the one crying". :disgust:

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
She gave a good speech, although I only saw the very end of it.

But it was meaningless and hollow. We need hope, we need families, we need puppy dogs!!!! WOOHOO :wave the flag:

mjquilly

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Are you kidding me? Are they all under some spell or something? The panning of the audience is a bit telling. "Get the camera on the one crying". :disgust:

no kidding...I can't stand the celebrification of politicians, and no I'm NOT just talking about the Obamas, I'm talking about the Bush's, McCain's, Clintons....it's like the crowds that cried for the Beatles, and the ones that cry for <insert band> today

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

But it was meaningless and hollow. We need hope, we need families, we need puppy dogs!!!! WOOHOO :wave the flag:

So typical of your condition: "I only saw the end, but I'll gladly be a partisan hack and make a broad negative judgement based on seeing a very small part of it."

:music: "if you only had a brain..." :music:

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
She is a great speaker like her husband. To bad the speach was empty with no substance at all. I did enjoy her trying to kiss the ass of the working class. I got the sense the whole time she was biting her tongue reading that bland speech not being able to really speak her mind.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: feralkid
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

So typical of your condition: "I only saw the end, but I'll gladly be a partisan hack and make a broad negative judgement based on seeing a very small part of it."

:music: "if you only had a brain..." :music:
Ok, what did she say that had real meaning behind it??

Anyone can get up and give a speech about families and hope and changing the future. That is easy. The hard part is how you achieve all of that.

Of course I don't expect Mrs O. would be the person to give that speech. As I said, it was a nice speech, but it had no meaning other than to introduce Michelle to America and paint Obama is a positive light. And I am sure she accomplished both of those ends in a positive manor.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Here's a clue children. It's the opening night of a party convention. It's intended to be a rally for the party faithful, not something so deep and profound that it stirs even the most empty-headed opposition hacks.

Here's another clue. The opening night of the Republican convention will be just as insubstantial. Can we assume all of you will be posting the same bitter barbs in the Official RNC Convention thread, or will your partisanship rule?

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
One thing that scares the hell out of me was all the talk about UHC. There is no way to do UHC with out either bankrupting the country or lowering the standard of care for those with insurance. This is not the time for UHC many things need to be taken care of before we can go down that road. Starting with securing the boarder and getting people to choose healthier lifestyles.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Here's a clue children. It's the opening night of a party convention. It's intended to be a rally for the party faithful, not something so deep and profound that it stirs even the most empty-headed opposition hacks.

Here's another clue. The opening night of the Republican convention will be just as insubstantial. Can we assume all of you will be posting the same bitter barbs in the Official RNC Convention thread, or will your partisanship rule?

Are you really expecting an answer to this question?

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Bowfinger

Who is going to watch the opening night of the RNC convention? I will be to busy enjoying a holiday weekend.

Personally I hope we don't see Cindy McCain speak. I would rather see 4 days of nothing but a complete energy policy beat it into the ground. Call out the scum in Pelosi and Reid for taking a vacation when the working man is paying near 4 dollars a gallon for gas and taking a beating in the grocery store.