Contact Lenses

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Kodiak
I want to call them until I get a sooner appt. (possibly this or next week). What should I say? I am scheduled for May 20th, but thats way too far out.
Bump.

Can someone answer this? Will they want to talk to my mother, or will they let me do it? What do I say?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Arg :( Keeps getting off the 1st page.

how old are you really?

pretty concise post for a 9th grader...

in CA though just ask an actress for a wad of spit, stick it in your eye....instant 20/20! 'fo sho! westside!

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Proclear Compatibles. I can wear them without having my eyes dry out or hurting at the end of the day.

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Arg :( Keeps getting off the 1st page.

how old are you really?

pretty concise post for a 9th grader...

in CA though just ask an actress for a wad of spit, stick it in your eye....instant 20/20! 'fo sho! westside!

I'm 15. I'm in 9th grade.

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
I called them today, and I rescheduled for May 5th. I have no clue why they did it for the 26th...

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Again I HIGHLY suggest Focus Night & Day contacts. They are a whole lot better for your eyes than any other contacts except gas permeable. They are also the most hassle free contacts you can buy.

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Again I HIGHLY suggest Focus Night & Day contacts. They are a whole lot better for your eyes than any other contacts except gas permeable. They are also the most hassle free contacts you can buy.

I was prescribed Acuvue 2 Advanced, so thats what I have to get for @least 1 week.

trinketsummoner

Aug 24, 2004
heh, im 34 and just switched to contacts. The doctor recommended acuvue2 to me, ive been trying a pair for a few days now and go back next week for a check and to order the rest of my prescription if i decide to use them. My insurance covers the cost for 1 year, which is nice.

I have a hard time putting them in (taking them out is ok) and compared to my glasses (titanium frame) they are a pain, but i'll stick with it a bit to try and get used to them. I can feel my eyes working differently with them in, i suppose thats to be expected. They arent uncomfortable though. The doctor told me to wear them 2 hours day1, 4 day2 and so on till i wear them all day. Seeing as they are designed for 2 week or 1 week wear, i'll probably change them every week. 1800contacts.com is pretty cheap if i run out of them before i get more free ones again.

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by: trinketsummoner
heh, im 34 and just switched to contacts. The doctor recommended acuvue2 to me, ive been trying a pair for a few days now and go back next week for a check and to order the rest of my prescription if i decide to use them. My insurance covers the cost for 1 year, which is nice.

I have a hard time putting them in (taking them out is ok) and compared to my glasses (titanium frame) they are a pain, but i'll stick with it a bit to try and get used to them. I can feel my eyes working differently with them in, i suppose thats to be expected. They arent uncomfortable though. The doctor told me to wear them 2 hours day1, 4 day2 and so on till i wear them all day. Seeing as they are designed for 2 week or 1 week wear, i'll probably change them every week. 1800contacts.com is pretty cheap if i run out of them before i get more free ones again.

Sounds cool :)

DavidoFoo

Nov 28, 2004
Even though I haven't tried anything but the Acuvue Advance, they are great.

I recommend the A^2 and ReNu solution

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
Will my opth. give me solution or do I have to buy it @ a store? For Acuvue 2 Advance's, what is the best solution?

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
while we are on the subject, has anyone tried those o2 optics? I saw a commercial for them but haven't tried them.

Soapy Bones

Dec 4, 2003
I was 19 when I got contacts and I'd say I was at least 20 before i was successfully able to put them in on my own. But They are wonderful, I have accuview but not the new ones w/ the hydroclear business. They are not bad, I had softlens it was, I think, before hand and they were ok but not the greatest. Im confortable wtih what I have now and they are great.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
wow it took me about 2 days to put my contacts in less than 10 seconds

Kodiak

Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by: PhaZe
wow it took me about 2 days to put my contacts in less than 10 seconds
Yea, I've heard 1 day to 2 weeks, but not a whole year :)