Conservatives: Do you feel like you're losing the war?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
history teaches us that all societies eventually fail. The us will fail with a well tanned liberal in the white house convinced of his own magnificence and dictating utopian tyranny.

By well tanned you mean black? :rolleyes:

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
history teaches us that all societies eventually fail. The us will fail with a well tanned liberal in the white house convinced of his own magnificence and dictating utopian tyranny.

Wait, so Obama's white? Doesn't that undermine like half of the Tea Party's emotional appeal?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
What we saw there was stealth racism. Thats the kind of shit the mods should stomp on not divergent thought in threads.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Absolutely, and the thought makes me hard. I can't wait for the communists and atheists to start throwing us to the lions again. I want to fight. I want to be martyred.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
By well tanned you mean black? :rolleyes:

Ohh quick quick! Somebody maybe, might have, could be if you look at it just right. Kinda said something that might be construed and possibly considered mentioning our dear President's racial heritage. Summon the authorities so it can be judged! Please! We need to stop this thread! OH MY GOD! "OOoohhh the humanity!

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What we saw there was stealth racism. Thats the kind of shit the mods should stomp on not divergent thought in threads.

All politicians are well tanned. Stop playing the race card. I remember liberals poking fun of boehners tan.

Clue for you. That card has long lost its effect. Liberals over played it. Now their use of it is offensive.

Last edited:

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
All politicians are well tanned. Stop playing the race card. I remember liberals poking fun of boehners tan.

Clue for you. That card has long lost its effect. Liberals over played it. Now their use of it is offensive.

Seriously. It was obviously just a backhanded comment on his love for golf over country.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Losing is inconsequential, it's all about being part of the "elite club of the oppressed", winning anything would just make them confused about their victim trip, and we all know Conservatives have problems processing conflicting information in the real world or even understanding the line of when irony becomes douchey.

Mass media fed modern Conservatism is just a political version of hipsterism, no real reason to whine, but people want to be recognized, even if it means being a pain in the ass to all around them. At least someone HAS to acknowledge them them as existing because they have no real world charm/ideas.

Besides, mass media perfectly happy to tell them they are the "real Americans" this acceptance is probably comforting when your idea of culture is watching the water tower rust or hitting the drive through for more cheeseburgers on a saturday night.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We've been told by conservative blowhards (won't mention their names again) if you put conservatism against liberalism, conservatism wins every time. Rick Santorum is obviously the most conservative candidate remaining.

While he has flirted with frontrunner status, why isn't he the overwelming frontrunner? Wouldn't he have the best chance of beating Obama in the general being the most conservative?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
We've been told by conservative blowhards (won't mention their names again) if you put conservatism against liberalism, conservatism wins every time. Rick Santorum is obviously the most conservative candidate remaining.

While he has flirted with frontrunner status, why isn't he the overwelming frontrunner? Wouldn't he have the best chance of beating Obama in the general being the most conservative?

Some primaries are closed. Some are open.

In open ones the libtard vote goes to Romney.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
You know, I'm getting really tired of hearing how Communist Obama is. The Soviet Union died over 20 years ago. "Dem commies r a'cummin!" is no longer a rallying cry. And frankly it's blinding you from what Obama is really about, MONARCHISM!

Just look at the record: more restrictions on companies, Obamacare telling insurers what to do while placating the masses, unchecked illegal immigration, overuse of the wartime powers act, recess appointments all increase his personal power while placating the masses, priming us all for a takeover by King Obama I!

Makes about as much sense as any Conservative Obama-clamor I've heard thus far.

Relax! You and Spidey just represent different brands of crazy:)
Evidently there is room for both kinds in the right wing gestapo

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Relax! You and Spidey just represent different brands of crazy:)
Evidently there is room for both kinds in the right wing gestapo

Faced with facts, all the left has are insults.

See you in November.

I'm on topic. You deflect and insult. I laid out key indicators that show conservatives are ready to win this war. You have insults

See you in November liberal. I can't wait. Yor message and agenda is flatly rejected by the people. Just 2 years of Obama and the people knocked his dick in the dirt.

Do you forget the historic elections of 2010? So short memory.

Last edited:

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Faced with facts, all the left has are insults.

See you in November.

I'm on topic. You deflect and insult. I laid out key indicators that show conservatives are ready to win this war. You have insults

See you in November liberal. I can't wait. Yor message and agenda is flatly rejected by the people. Just 2 years of Obama and the people knocked his dick in the dirt.

Do you forget the historic elections of 2010? So short memory.

Did you forget slavery, segregation, creation of unions,
women's right to vote, women's right ot enter the workforce, legalization of inter-racial marriage, etc? Conservative fearmongering bigots got annihilated in all of them... and guess what? Gay marriage is up next!

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
You know, I'm getting really tired of hearing how Communist Obama is. The Soviet Union died over 20 years ago. "Dem commies r a'cummin!" is no longer a rallying cry. And frankly it's blinding you from what Obama is really about, MONARCHISM!

Just look at the record: more restrictions on companies, Obamacare telling insurers what to do while placating the masses, unchecked illegal immigration, overuse of the wartime powers act, recess appointments all increase his personal power while placating the masses, priming us all for a takeover by King Obama I!

Makes about as much sense as any Conservative Obama-clamor I've heard thus far.

Communism is the rallying cry for the ignorant and the perpetually fearful... Especially considering it has never and will never exist in the real world. Soviet Union and China are dictators/oligarchies... nothing more...

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Did you forget slavery, segregation, creation of unions,
women's right to vote, women's right ot enter the workforce, legalization of inter-racial marriage, etc? Conservative fearmongering bigots got annihilated in all of them... and guess what? Gay marriage is up next!

Amen.

Conservatives, what exactly have you won in terms of social issues in the past century? You've been on the losing side of just about every major issue I can imagine.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Amen.

Conservatives, what exactly have you won in terms of social issues in the past century? You've been on the losing side of just about every major issue I can imagine.

Civil rights act comes to mind as a conservative victory you racist

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Amen.

Well, conservatives have been winning the top down class warfare of the last 30 years, even though many of their adherents are in denial about their own place in all of that.

Yeh, the good ol' days of the Gilded Age, When the Rich were really, really rich, the rest mostly really, really poor, and the broad middle class a gleam in the eyes of Wobblies, Commies, & Do-gooders...

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I'm curious because it would seem to me on the great social issues of the day the United States is inching closer and closer towards progressive/liberal social viewpoints.

In 20 years, do you honestly think we'll still be debating issues like gay rights? Do you really think that Conservatives will be able to hold back social progress on these issues? Or do you think it's merely a matter of time before the dam breaks and Conservatives lose again like they did with segregation?

Someone got a full dose of MSNBC today. The fact is the country has been and always will be evenly divided with only a handfull of swing voters that decide an election. Gay rights are so far back from the mainstream issues it will hardly sway any voters. Did you not see or are you in denial about the elections we just had 2 years ago?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Civil rights act comes to mind as a conservative victory you racist

Oh please! Conservatives called Brown v Board of Education judicial overreach.

As far as the civil/voting rights acts of 64/65 it was signed by LBJ. He was quoted after signing "we have lost the south for a generation". Why, because all those racist dixiecrats jumped ship to the Republican side and you guys welcomed them with open arms. They've been there ever since.

Oh BTW - you were on the wrong side of aparthied as well.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Someone got a full dose of MSNBC today. The fact is the country has been and always will be evenly divided with only a handfull of swing voters that decide an election. Gay rights are so far back from the mainstream issues it will hardly sway any voters. Did you not see or are you in denial about the elections we just had 2 years ago?

It may not be an upfront issue, but IMO it sure is a deciding factor for many conservatives, most of whom would not admit that it was/is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

God, Guns, and Gays! is the perpetual Conservative battle cry, with variations on the theme. They like to invoke tax cut fever, smaller govt hogwash & imagined existential threats to national security when possible. In 2010, they added Mediscare, anti-incumbency & extremely low turnout to win back the HOR. They'll have a hard fight to keep it, given the clown car antics of the resulting body.

They have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Obama, despite intensive hate mongering by their leadership.

Independents are a much larger % of the electorate than you seem to think, too-

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/773/fewer-voters-identify-as-republicans

4 years old, but I doubt it's changed a helluva lot...

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001

oh your so easy. You tap dance so well. The racism exists in your heart and soul. No where else.