Cheez moved out to wilderness, then got free housing, & going back to Wilderness

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
You have to make a choice ...

(A) Ride scooter and get wet

(B) Drive the car anyway (Since car isn't legal I would not recommend this)

(C) Start schlepping
d) Put my cat, cat litter box and food in my bike trailer and haul it with my scooter to get to the apartment tonight and spend a few days there (it'll rain all day for the next two days) and bring my cat back to the tent when all is over but God rejected that :(
EDIT: How does God feel about hitch-hiking?
Jesus just told me no.
I don't know... I'm starting to see the inspiration from this thread. I think that I'm going to move out into my backyard and live in a sleeping bag.
It's a good practice living out in the wilderness so that you can be better prepared if things go south. It's also good for you mentally and spiritually. God will teach you that you don't have to use dishsoap to clean your pot and silverware for cooking. And that you'll be just fine rub your body with wet rag...to clean yourself. You will be forced to simplify life

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Oh update, the appointment has been delayed to 1 PM and that phone conversation will be held instead. I guess God got scared cause I was going panic...ah ah ah☺️

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
d) Put my cat, cat litter box and food in my bike trailer and haul it with my scooter to get to the apartment tonight and spend a few days there (it'll rain all day for the next two days) and bring my cat back to the tent when all is over but God rejected that :(

Whoops ... forgot about the bicycle my bad! ;)

Glad the appointment was postponed.

Reactions: cheez

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Jesus is God. So is the Father. And so is the Holy Spirit. They are God. And yes God reads all of your messages and know what you are thinking. We can hide nothing.

But God and Jesus know I hate them and they don't fuck with me. They think you like them and make you miserable. If that doesn't convince you of the futility of your beliefs, well congrats. You deserve what they're doing to you. Be a good little boy, bend over and ask them for more.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
But God and Jesus know I hate them and they don't fuck with me. They think you like them and make you miserable. If that doesn't convince you of the futility of your beliefs, well congrats. You deserve what they're doing to you. Be a good little boy, bend over and ask them for more.

A tad harsh no? :rolleyes:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
This thread has everything. Redneck trainwreck.

Cheez didn't start out as a Redneck... he used to be an Audiophile! He was the kind of guy who would have loved a review of $2,000 power cables for their stereo like this one:

(Although I liked the part where the author admitted that they could never do a blind test of these to compare them. It was a clever way of admitting that the whole article is BS)

Last edited:

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Cheez check your inbox when you can please, i am unwatching this thread cause honestly all the negative energy is a bit overwhelming for me. Hopefully you read it and take me up on that advice.

May 13, 2009
I know he is a different kind of guy but take it easy on the trolling. It's very possible it's his one outlet and he is very possibly mentally ill.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I dunno guys. He is a fellow person. I think it's callous to ridicule him beyond light jabs.

He definitively needs help with his mental health, the choices he's making, and living situation.

What if Cheez gets seriously injured or, heaven forbid, gets killed?

We are all grown adults in this aging forum. Lets have some empathy, man.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Audiophilery is a gateway drug. You start off playing with tubes, then move to mercury arc rectifiers, then you break one by accident and get mercury on yourself and next thing you know you're getting visions of Jesus telling you to go live in a tent.

All joking aside, someday there might be a link discovered between whatever causes audiophile disease and other mental illnesses. All the markers that manifest in audiophilies are pretty much identical to those in other delusional disorders.

Look at an audiophiles unshakable belief in their own supernatural power to hear, their suggestibility to zealously follow a herd, the certainty that they have found knowledge and a path to enlightenment that is hidden to others, the way their self-identity is so closely tied to their "gift". Those are pretty much textbook symptoms of well-understood mental problems.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
All joking aside, someday there might be a link discovered between whatever causes audiophile disease and other mental illnesses. All the markers that manifest in audiophilies are pretty much identical to those in other delusional disorders.

Look at an audiophiles unshakable belief in their own supernatural power to hear, their suggestibility to zealously follow a herd, the certainty that they have found knowledge and a path to enlightenment that is hidden to others, the way their self-identity is so closely tied to their "gift". Those are pretty much textbook symptoms of well-understood mental problems.
Life is short, time is scarce, your ears are good for only so long, so you might as well get the finest tools and specs for what you're about to do.

Up to a point, there is a need for professional-grade equipment in any endeavor. You'll never see a mechanic without Snap-on, a lawyer without a fine suit and wooden furniture, or a concert pianist with anything less than a Steinway.

But it does make one vulnerable to "special sauces" such as uber-outlet plugs that command a massive premium over hospital grade plugs despite the metal still being copper.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

what if cheez is the true, one source, of the spiritual validity of audiophiliry? What if it was an intense session, many years ago, with his $3k cables, that he actually discerned the true voice of Jesus, pumping through those copper cables, O2-free casing, 24kt AU connectors?

Maybe that is how cheez first heard the voice of Jesus? Did we ever think of that? Maybe it was when he was listening to a pal's mediocre $2k system that the demons first entered his head? Then Jesus later betrayed him.

boom

Reactions: slayer202

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
what if cheez is the true, one source, of the spiritual validity of audiophiliry? What if it was an intense session, many years ago, with his $3k cables, that he actually discerned the true voice of Jesus, pumping through those copper cables, O2-free casing, 24kt AU connectors?

Maybe that is how cheez first heard the voice of Jesus? Did we ever think of that? Maybe it was when he was listening to a pal's mediocre $2k system that the demons first entered his head? Then Jesus later betrayed him.

boom

Maybe Jesus was speaking to him through the warm woods and the anechoic curtains of the listening environment and the voice won't repeat anywhere else. I'd suggest we do some ABX testing to confirm that, but you can't get an audiophile to go within 100 miles of a valid ABX test.

Last edited:

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I know he is a different kind of guy but take it easy on the trolling. It's very possible it's his one outlet and he is very possibly mentally ill.

god works in mysterious ways.

sometimes he just likes to troll

boom

we are all now followers of the church of cheez, henceforth known as the CoC

• Haha
Mar 11, 2004
I dunno guys. He is a fellow person. I think it's callous to ridicule him beyond light jabs.

He definitively needs help with his mental health, the choices he's making, and living situation.

We are all grown adults in this aging forum. Lets have some empathy, man.

I don't think its legit. If the mods were worried about liability over namecalling, there's no way they couldn't see the potential liability for letting someone that, if it were real, clearly needs urgent mental health care.

Last edited:

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Yes, god and Jesus are VERY harsh, but he seems to like that.
No I hate it when God hurts me (via mental or physical pain) but he heals me and restores me every time.. my heart melts and heals. Only God has that level of power to heal anyone, no matter how stubborn you want to be. His make up is irresistible, cause he loves us.

Audiophilery is a gateway drug. You start off playing with tubes, then move to mercury arc rectifiers, then you break one by accident and get mercury on yourself and next thing you know you're getting visions of Jesus telling you to go live in a tent.
I didn't see Jesus nor could I hear him when I was living in idolatry. God hates us having eargasm cause that's works of the flesh. My audiophile joygasm was the tipping point. I didn't know at the time, but realized that God said "Allright that's enough playing with the audio and it's time to come to me!". God woke me up by showing me prophetic vision / dreams that it's time to serve God. Me living out in the tent is part of his will for me. It is for my spiritual growth and following his guidance. In addition to that, Jesus wants me to get the tent place made and ready, to help my parents to stay in the future. There is a lot of trouble coming economically, financially.

I won't get seriously injured or even get killed, cause God won't let that happen. Accidents / tragedy happen only if allowed by God. It's impossible for me to get killed I know that for certain..but God will give me pain, to offer up for his kingdom. Jesus says "If you love me, deny yourself, pick up your cross, and follow me". Carrying your cross refers to fasting, pain enduring, long suffering.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't think its legit. If the mods were worried about liability over namecalling, there's no way they couldn't see the potential liability for letting someone that, if it were real, clearly needs urgent mental health care.

Idk .... there are an awful lot of homeless people out there and cheez is in better shape then A LOT of them!

Tough to hold anyone here liable for just one more homeless person *(sorry cheez!) who isn't causing any harm.