Can we stop pretending that Fox is news ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
So you have proof that "everyone throughout" cnn, msnbc, abc, bbc, etc... is a "unashamed Obama supporter"?

Please do show and tell.

Dont watch much CNN, but MSNBC sure seems that way.

Lets see, off the top of my head...

Norah Oddonnel - lol
Keith Olbermann - lol
Chris Mathews - lol
Rachel Maddow - lol
Chuck Todd- lol
David Gregory - lol
Ed Shultz - lol
Mika Brezsinski - lol (Although she is the only decent looking person on their payroll)
Contessa Brewer - lol
Andrea Mitchell - lol

Yep, all unushamed Obama supporters.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So you have proof that "everyone throughout" cnn, msnbc, abc, bbc, etc... is a "unashamed Obama supporter"?

Please do show and tell.

Many sources have documented that the vast majority of people in the main stream media are self-identified idiots.. I mean, liberals. Go do some googling if you doubt it. Unless you think all these liberals who go around proclaiming adoration for the dear leader are secretly really conservatives, there is no room for doubt.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Actually Fox does, in fact a few of them. They just have an audience that loves the flavor of Kool Aid they are serving.

The difference being, the Fox wingnuts aren't defiling my beloved sport of football on a nationally televised game on Sunday evenings.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Dont watch much CNN, but MSNBC sure seems that way.

Lets see, off the top of my head...

Norah Oddonnel - lol
Keith Olbermann - lol
Chris Mathews - lol
Rachel Maddow - lol
Chuck Todd- lol
David Gregory - lol
Ed Shultz - lol
Mika Brezsinski - lol (Although she is the only decent looking person on their payroll)
Contessa Brewer - lol
Andrea Mitchell - lol

Yep, all unushamed Obama supporters.

Oblermann, Maddow, and Schulz make no attempts to hide who they are. The rest are straight up reporters who always lend credibility to right-wing talking points. You just looked up a list of names. All were uncritical of many Bush era policies and fucking Andrea Mitchell is Greenspans squeeze.

You don't know shit son, stick to your Rasmussen polls.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Oblermann, Maddow, and Schulz make no attempts to hide who they are. The rest are straight up reporters who always lend credibility to right-wing talking points. You just looked up a list of names. All were uncritical of many Bush era policies and fucking Andrea Mitchell is Greenspans squeeze.

You don't know shit son, stick to your Rasmussen polls.

You dont know shit dad, name one person on that list who isnt a liberal. Go ahead, name one fucking person.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Many sources have documented that the vast majority of people in the main stream media are self-identified idiots.. I mean, liberals. Go do some googling if you doubt it. Unless you think all these liberals who go around proclaiming adoration for the dear leader are secretly really conservatives, there is no room for doubt.

Yeah, Journolist is a smoking gun...keep jerking to that one buddy it's going places.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
You dont know shit dad, name one person on that list who isnt a liberal. Go ahead, name one fucking person.

I just did - Chuck Todd? Stretch? Mitchell? These people are all straight up reporters and you have nothing to show otherwise. Both Stretch and Todd have never challenged Bush on anything.

Like I said you don't even know who these people are and just grabbed a list. Everyone on that list except for those I mentioned have carried water for your conservative policies over the last 8 years, you know when you were trying to make the jv golf team.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I just did - Chuck Todd? Stretch? Mitchell? These people are all straight up reporters and you have nothing to show otherwise. Both Stretch and Todd have never challenged Bush on anything.

Like I said you don't even know who these people are and just grabbed a list. Everyone on that list except for those I mentioned have carried water for your conservative policies over the last 8 years, you know when you were trying to make the jv golf team.

Who the fuck is stretch? Straight up reporters my ass, do you ever watch "Andrea Mitchell Reports"? She is so hard to the left its retarded. I do know who these people are, I did not just "grab a list".

Mitchell not a liberal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7TEo0GrUCE

Good one. Need me to find some epic clips of Chuck Todd? I'm sure they wont be hard to find.

Keep thinking MSNBC staff are not liberals, must be a nice fantasy world you live in

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

YOU made the statement now back it up. As I said before...

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Norah Oddonnel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKeJozGmvF4
Keith Olbermann - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNY-9xNzB0
Chris Mathews - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no9fpKVXxCc
Rachel Maddow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBKkDYx0TA
Chuck Todd- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7BFURbumgY
David Gregory - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czx8NzTKWEc called out for it lol
Ed Shultz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8nZGJy3WI
Mika Brezsinski - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLtGXDL6VQA
Contessa Brewer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI
Andrea Mitchell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7TEo0GrUCE

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Nick already did a damn good start on that one. I doubt you'd be able to find many people in the main stream media that are not liberals. The last stat I saw was that 9% of main stream media members (according to Pew research) claimed to be conservative. You do the math.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

Most of those are a stretch at best and funny you label them as "proof" they are a "unashamed Obama supporter".

That and where is Brian Williams?

again...

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Nick already did a damn good start on that one. I doubt you'd be able to find many people in the main stream media that are not liberals. The last stat I saw was that 9% of main stream media members (according to Pew research) claimed to be conservative. You do the math.

Again, you made the statement, back it up.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Again, you made the statement, back it up.

Indycoltsfan just linked to one such item, very damning. I've seen countless others. Not from WND, but from Pew and other 'regular' organizations.

Quick excerpt:
The investigation turned up donations from 143 journalists, including editors, anchors, columnists, reporters and editorial cartoonists, but not executives or publishers. They came primarily from the 200 largest newspapers in the country.
The findings, based on an analysis of Federal Election Commission (FEC) records from 2004 through the first quarter of this year, were that 125 of those went to Democrats or liberal groups, 16 to Republicans or conservative groups, and two who gave to both. That’s a major advantage for the Democrats in the major media.

You do the math.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Indycoltsfan just linked to one such item, very damning. I've seen countless others. Not from WND, but from Pew and other 'regular' organizations.

Quick excerpt:

You do the math.

Wait... hahaha... hahaha.. so 143 out of thousdands that gave to what someone labels as "liberal" is supposed to prove that "everyone throughout" cnn, msnbc, abc, bbc, etc... is a "unashamed Obama supporter"?

Wow if that is not proof that you believe everything fox tells you I don;t know what is. Talk abotu head in sand. :awe:

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Marlin, doesn't Fox also have a token liberal on their network?

Alan combs? or something like that? I remember he said something that he is a moderate. So I guess a moderate would look like a flaming liberal if they worked at Fox. :awe:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Alan combs? or something like that? I remember he said something that he is a moderate. So I guess a moderate would look like a flaming liberal if they worked at Fox. :awe:

I have no idea who it is; I just seem to vaguely remember them adding a token liberal to their network. I don't watch them so I have no idea who the usual cast of characters is.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Wait... hahaha... hahaha.. so 143 out of thousdands that gave to what someone labels as "liberal" is supposed to prove that "everyone throughout" cnn, msnbc, abc, bbc, etc... is a "unashamed Obama supporter"?

NUMEROUS studies through the years have shown the same thing: people involved in the main stream media overwhelmingly self identify as liberal. You can live in blissful ignorance of that fact is you'd like, that's up to you.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
So I hear. Never watch it (with the exception of Olberman Youtube Videos) but if it's even close to being as bad as Fox then it really must be ridiculous.

Yeah they say that one needs to separate the commentary from the actual New reporting but that station is so saturated with Wingnut Commentary, from their Morning Zoo to Hannity, Beck and O'Really, it's often difficult to do.

You forgot to mention that they also cite their "entertainment" shows as sources for their actual "fox news" as well.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I have no idea who it is; I just seem to vaguely remember them adding a token liberal to their network. I don't watch them so I have no idea who the usual cast of characters is.

Yea I typed "alan combs moderate" in google and got...

"I think I'm quite moderate," Colmes blandly told USA Today (2/1/95),

Google changed the name to Colmes so I am guessing that is him.

But I also do not watch network news. Of course I also do not have cable. :awe:

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
NUMEROUS studies through the years have shown the same thing: people involved in the main stream media overwhelmingly self identify as liberal. You can live in blissful ignorance of that fact is you'd like, that's up to you.

AGAIN...

You keep saying there is but I have yet to see it. You made a claim, now back it up.