Can we stop pretending that Fox is news ?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
Incorrect.

I see you have something to back up your "claim". Oh wait. In fact, I'll give you a good example.

Fox news apparently runs many things that would be considered anti-Islam to believers of Islam. If you are already anti-Islam, then these things would appear as just affirmations of how you already felt. Muslims will say they are biased, whereas non-Muslims will say "no, we are just pointing out the flaws in your ideology". If you can't figure that out, it really just proves my point about ideology coming before the actual facts.

As far as news reports go, they all do somewhat fine. It's the opinion pieces that most people have a problem with, which is why the low-lying fruit on the tree get so upset either way about it. They can't figure out what opinion means.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I see you have something to back up your "claim". Oh wait. In fact, I'll give you a good example.

Fox news apparently runs many things that would be considered anti-Islam to believers of Islam. If you are already anti-Islam, then these things would appear as just affirmations of how you already felt. Muslims will say they are biased, whereas non-Muslims will say "no, we are just pointing out the flaws in your ideology". If you can't figure that out, it really just proves my point about ideology coming before the actual facts.

As far as news reports go, they all do somewhat fine. It's the opinion pieces that most people have a problem with, which is why the low-lying fruit on the tree get so upset either way about it. They can't figure out what opinion means.

Incorrect. The Bias of FN is obvious and has nothing to do with other Peoples Ideology. Events are not Ideological, they are merely Things that happen.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

I've edited my response since I missed the point that you were talking about opinion pieces.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Is MSNBC biased?

They are a small fish in a huge corporation, of course they are.

What you are asking I assume is do we think that it is sold part and parcel to the Dems like Foxnews is to the GOP?

I would say no, except for a few hosts taking up the easy as hell target of calling foxnews and whacked out radio hosts on their fantasy world.

John Stewart has done it for years successfully.

MSNBC *ahem* GE was all for the war when it was making big $$$. Those old wars are bad PR now. And it looks like Dems will support Nuke power soon, a GE flagship product.

Dems have always talked peace, but keep us in wars, big $$$ for GE!

Last edited by a moderator: