Breaking: SCOTUS strikes down Texas abortion restriction

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
That isn't material to my point. If you were interested in a good faith discussion instead of total derailment and irrelevance, you'd have gathered that.
I disagree. Biology is pretty clear that women cannot go around sleeping around like men can because they get pregnant. Your solution to equalize the situation is to advocate for murder.
But, as we could all easily suppose, your actions are as poorly informed as your beliefs.
Lets see if you can get through one post without any personal comments. I don't think you can do it.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Tough guy, where have I said anything about what the US considers anything to be? No where. I don't have a black robe on and I couldn't care less what a court who said Jim Crow laws were just wonderful considers human beings to be.
So what you're saying is that you don't care what the facts are, you're just going to fabricate total falsehoods so long as it suits your agenda.

You're at least consistently dishonest. I'll give you that.

What you're doing is dehumanizing what everybody knows are people so you can murder them.
It looks like you need to look up the definition of murder, also.

Were you home schooled? You were home schooled, weren't you?

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
What you're doing is dehumanizing what everybody knows are people so you can murder them.

It was written so eloquently in Roe v Wade:

"We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins. When those trained in the respective disciplines of medicine, philosophy, and theology are unable to arrive at any consensus, the judiciary, at this point in the development of man's knowledge, is not in a position to speculate as to the answer."

Apparently Buckshot assumes there is an answer.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
So what you're saying is that you don't care what the facts are, you're just going to fabricate total falsehoods so long as it suits your agenda.
What a court considers true doesn't make it so. Are you usually this easily influenced by authority figures? I didn't take you for a sheep. Guess I was wrong.
You're at least consistently dishonest. I'll give you that.
How is it dishonest to not accept a court's determination?
It looks like you need to look up the definition of murder, also.

Were you home schooled? You were home schooled, weren't you?
It is simply impossible for you to post without personal comments. Whether I was homeschooled or not is completely irrelevant.

Nov 8, 2012
The Daily Show was showing how unfunny they were in more ways than putting on that dumbass Trevor Noah. As much as I'm in favor of abortion (And ALL these SCOTUS rulings), that is honestly just not funny in the slightest.

XwLR0UG.png

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What a court considers true doesn't make it so. Are you usually this easily influenced by authority figures? I didn't take you for a sheep. Guess I was wrong.
How is it dishonest to not accept a court's determination?
Who's talking about any court? I'm talking about the United States government. Read US Code Title 1. If anybody has the final say on what is or is not a human being in the United States, it's the United States government.

It is simply impossible for you to post without personal comments. Whether I was homeschooled or not is completely irrelevant.
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually had some kind of education, but that seems to be a mistake on my part. At least if you were home schooled it wouldn't really be all your fault for being so dumb. Failing to educate yourself after finding out how dumb you really are... that's on you.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
No where. I don't have a black robe on and I couldn't care less what a court who said Jim Crow laws were just wonderful considers human beings to be.

If you loathe our government and our judiciary, why do you remain in the United States? You are obviously are part of a small and shrinking minority. You don't want to be here. There are plenty of theocracies around that will kill you if you attempt to have an abortion, that have state sanctioned execution of gays, that base their government on mandates from an invisible God, that hate science, that hate women, that allow slavery..... in a nutshell, a Christian heaven on earth. Why in the holy hell would you want to live in a free country that encourages science and that respects gays and women. It makes utterly no sense.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
If you loathe our government and our judiciary, why do you remain in the United States? You are obviously are part of a small and shrinking minority. You don't want to be here. There are plenty of theocracies around that will kill you if you attempt to have an abortion, that have state sanctioned execution of gays, that base their government on mandates from an invisible God, that hate science, that hate women, that allow slavery..... in a nutshell, a Christian heaven on earth. Why in the holy hell would you want to live in a free country that encourages science and that respects gays and women. It makes utterly no sense.
Your hatred for anything Christian has turned you into a moron. I don't want anybody killed for any of those reasons.

I do not blindly accept their determinations does not mean I loathe the entire government! No wonder you're an atheist.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Its funny watching the depth of inanity you need to descend to because of the bankruptcy of your position.

So you want to explain why a fetus aborted by medicine is a dead baby and a fetus aborted by natural causes isn't?

Or

Explain why taking an action with 95%+ chance of causing abortion once is wrong but taking an action that only has a 50-70% chance of causing abortion multiple times is a-ok!

I'll wait. :colbert:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
So you want to explain why a fetus aborted by medicine is a dead baby and a fetus aborted by natural causes isn't?
Who said any such thing?
Explain why taking an action with 95%+ chance of causing abortion once is wrong but taking an action that only has a 50-70% chance of causing abortion multiple times is a-ok!
Why is anything wrong in your eyes, meat machine? We're just protoplasm that got too cocky for its own good because replicating molecules couldn't copy itself perfectly. Why is anything wrong? This is like talking to Bin Laden and trying to justify saving lives to him. You have no way to even ask the question since nothing, absolutely nothing, is truly wrong from your perspective. Some things are more optimal than others based on some arbitrary goals you make up, that's the best you can do.

One act is the deliberate purposeful murder of the unborn, the other is simply imperfect procreation. If you don't see a difference, you should be locked up.

Don't ask me any more questions about abortion. I have nothing further to say to you about the subject.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Who said any such thing?
Why is anything wrong in your eyes, meat machine? We're just protoplasm that got too cocky for its own good because replicating molecules couldn't copy itself perfectly. Why is anything wrong? This is like talking to Bin Laden and trying to justify saving lives to him. You have no way to even ask the question since nothing, absolutely nothing, is truly wrong from your perspective. Some things are more optimal than others based on some arbitrary goals you make up, that's the best you can do.

One act is the deliberate purposeful murder of the unborn, the other is simply imperfect procreation. If you don't see a difference, you should be locked up.

Don't ask me any more questions about abortion. I have nothing further to say to you about the subject.

It can be painful to examine closely held beliefs but hey you actually attempted to answer my question! (Sure you had to insult me and put a lot words in my mouth but baby steps!)

So I understand you now. While both end up killing innocent babies the end of procreating justifies the means of the process that can kill a baby.

Now morally I don't think the ends justify the means so if I believed as you do I probably wouldn't be a father now since I don't find a 50% chance of killing a child acceptable. But luckily the science says your wrong about miscarriages and abortion. At least in the first trimester, which is where most of the risk is to the baby anyway.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The Daily Show was showing how unfunny they were in more ways than putting on that dumbass Trevor Noah. As much as I'm in favor of abortion (And ALL these SCOTUS rulings), that is honestly just not funny in the slightest.

XwLR0UG.png

I like how you come right out and make it plain that you don't understand comedy.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Who said any such thing?

If someone sees one of those as "Murder", I think they're the better candidate for being locked up.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Abortions are deliberate actions. They don't happen by accident. Miscarriages have absolutely nothing to do with this and is a red herring.

Abortions are unequivocally deliberate actions.

I'm not going to follow your smelly fish around. Abortions are not accidents or naturally occurring incidents.

But how do you know if a miscarriage was, in actuality, a deliberate act?

You continue to act like this isn't the next step once you have your way, but it has to follow. You cannot have illegal abortion without then investigating miscarriages to discern if they were deliberately induced as non-medical abortions. ESPECIALLY if you consider an abortion murder.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
A zygote or fetus is not an independent developed life. This has been defined medically, as well as legally. The argument against it is an empty fable so this is a good decision, another victory for rational evidenced based thought and people to have dominion over their own bodies. The opposition to abortion has largely been fueled by religious mythologies. Halting abortion due to religious beliefs would be like banning dentistry because of a belief that the tooth fairy will take of dental health.