Breaking: SCOTUS strikes down Texas abortion restriction

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
True. Myths also tend to have monsters, ghosts, woodland sub-deities and half-human deities and all sorts of other fantasy creatures that tend to remain within the same pile of things that atheists generally do not think exist.

Because mythology.
Self replicating molecules spontaneously creating themselves is a myth. Never happened.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
You still haven't told me about those things about yourself that make you uncomfortable.

This is a safe place, buckshot.
You'd be the first loving soul I would turn to if I did. Believe me, that I can assure you of. /Trump

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You'd be the first loving soul I would turn to if I did. Believe me, that I can assure you of. /Trump

I appreciate that, buckshot, I really do.

By the way, I am sorry for what your parents did to you, I truly am.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Sometimes I wonder if we're witnessing with an exceedingly well-written bot based on the principles of Poe's Law.
Asking a question within the framework of a person's worldview shouldn't be that confusing. I made no statements of what I think on that subject, Bryce put words in my mouth.
You can't seriously think myths only involve deities, can you?
I asked where I could take a course in this fascinating subject. Or can you at least provide me a syllabus?
In atheist land you don't need eaters for things to be eaten. You don't need designers for there to be designed things. Things just happen magically on their own. In atheist land your post just spontaneously created itself.
Does it hurt, failing this badly to understand anything?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I made no statements of what I think on that subject, Bryce put words in my mouth.

I didn't, and you quite neatly dodged actually stating what you believe for awhile. I think Eli finally got it out of you. It seems it only takes 3-4 people asking you the same question to get you to actually articulate your views on something.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
PBS has a great web series called Space Time on YouTube. It's like 10 minute snippets of Cosmos.

For example this one explains the origin of the elements.
https://youtu.be/6yLGeviU8FM

They also cover cosmology, general relativity, quantum mechanics and other technical subjects. They explain them so that anyone* should be able to understand the premises.

(*Certain P&N members excepted)

Most of the topics are fascinating.