Boston Man Gives Husband Gift Of Life

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: hjo3
Originally posted by: OdiN
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Originally posted by: BigJ
And why is this a big deal? Why is it newsworthy?

EDIT: And the bolded parts in your article are no reasons to justify this as being newsworthy.

Because it's something gay and he has to post everything gay and anti-straight he can. He's a tool and a troll.

It's a big deal to him because he is arrogant and thinks he is better than everyone else.

I could go on.

You think this thread is "anti-straight"? :confused:

I don't think I am better than everyone else, however I *know* I am better than you. Unlike you, I don't condone the use of state powers to impose harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand.

I didn't say this thread...just you in general.

Who said I condoned harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand? I certainly never did.

Keep trolling.
Pot, meet kettle.

:roll:
Curse your superior argument! Foiled again by the rolly-eyes emoticon!

You don't need to drag yourself into this.

You I have respect for. Aidanjm I do not. It has nothing to do with his sexual preferences either.

You aren't aware of what is going on so until you are, don't judge what you don't understand.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
The gay thing isn't that interesting. Whats cool is the man stopped taking his arthritic drugs to be able to be a donor. That's sacrifice.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
I think I have just figured out Aidanjm....sure, he is homosexaul, but he hasn't yet come out of the closet and ATOT is the only way he can express his sexaul preferance...even if it is weird and scary.

Dude come out of the closet and stop harassing(sexaully) ATOT...it's boring, and only serves to increase my post count

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Error 649:

Does not compute. Usage error.

Men cannot have husbands. ERROR ERROR

CORE DUMP

Oh and how's it going you troll?

Actually marriage for same-sex couples was fully legalized in Massachucetts a few years back.

And I think it is on the ballot for November for a popular vote in Mass....so don't count your brokebacks.

No, it isn't on the ballot yet.

Even if it does end up on the ballot:

Majority In Mass. Favor Gay Marriage, Adoption

(Boston, Massachusetts) A majority of people in Massachusetts support same-sex marriage and allowing gays and lesbians to be adoptive parents according to two new polls.

The first survey... found that 54 percent of voters would be more likely to vote for a gubernatorial candidate who supported allowing gays and lesbians to adopt children.

Among Catholics, who made up about half the respondents, 46 percent said they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who supported gay adoption, compared with 26 percent who said they would probably choose a candidate who was against them.

A second poll released Monday also had good news for gay families. The Bay State Poll taken by the Center for Public Opinion Research at Merrimack College shows that 58 percent of Massachusetts residents favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally, with 32 percent opposed and 9 percent undecided.

Interesting how opinions are changed by legalisation. 2 years on, and a clear majority of citizens in Massachucetts now support same-sex marriage.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Stumps
I think I have just figured out Aidanjm....sure, he is homosexaul, but he hasn't yet come out of the closet and ATOT is the only way he can express his sexaul preferance...even if it is weird and scary.

Dude come out of the closet and stop harassing(sexaully) ATOT...it's boring, and only serves to increase my post count
Whoa, I think you're on to something there.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

EDIT: And the bolded parts in your article are no reasons to justify this as being newsworthy.

Because it's something gay and he has to post everything gay and anti-straight he can. He's a tool and a troll.

It's a big deal to him because he is arrogant and thinks he is better than everyone else.

I could go on.

You think this thread is "anti-straight"? :confused:

I don't think I am better than everyone else, however I *know* I am better than you. Unlike you, I don't condone the use of state powers to impose harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand.

I didn't say this thread...just you in general.

Who said I condoned harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand? I certainly never did.

Keep trolling.
Pot, meet kettle.

:roll:
Curse your superior argument! Foiled again by the rolly-eyes emoticon!

You don't need to drag yourself into this.

You I have respect for. Aidanjm I do not. It has nothing to do with his sexual preferences either.

You aren't aware of what is going on so until you are, don't judge what you don't understand.
Fair enough.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

I don't know how many times I can point this out.. you don't like my threads, then don't read them. :roll:

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001

I don't know how many times I can point this out.. you don't like my threads, then don't read them. :roll:

We don't want your threads, don't post them :roll:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Most people are sheep. What do you expect?
Exactly. Once something becomes a law, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. Look at how well Bush did with the Patriot Act, tricking everyone with that sunset clause.
Seriously though, laws have their own momentum to them. Even long worthless ones cannot be repealed. I think it's still illegal in some 20 states for man and wife to have oral sex in their own bedrooms. And if a repeal of that law were put to a vote, most voters would vote to keep it in place, knowing they'd be breaking that law that very night.
This is why I think every law should have an expiration date.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: UncleWai

We don't want your threads, don't post them :roll:

that's ok. I'm not needy, I don't have a strong need to feel wanted.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
A second poll released Monday also had good news for gay families. The Bay State Poll taken by the Center for Public Opinion Research at Merrimack College shows that 58 percent of Massachusetts residents favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally, with 32 percent opposed and 9 percent undecided.

For a grand total of 99%. I wouldn't put too much faith in those polls.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

I don't think it is that people are sheep. Actually, I think people are sheep to believe the anti-gay marriage propaganda spouted by religious fundamentalists (i.e., that gay marriage will destroy society or the institution of marriage). When people actually see gay marriages occurring in their own communities, and see that it doesn't lead to the end of the world, and see the amount of happiness it brings the people who are marrying, why then people actually start trusting their own judgements on this issue rather than deferring to the church.

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001

I don't think it is necessarily news worthy, hence I didn't post it in P&N. It's more of a "human interest" story.

Which "just happens" to be about a gay couple. I don't see you posting "human interest" heterosexual stories, ergo you're trolling again.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

I don't think it is that people are sheep. Actually, I think people are sheep to believe the anti-gay marriage propaganda spouted by religious fundamentalists (i.e., that gay marriage will destroy society or the institution of marriage). When people actually see gay marriages occurring in their own communities, and see that it doesn't lead to the end of the world, and see the amount of happiness it brings the people who are marrying, why them people actually start trusting their own judgements on this issue rather than deferring to the church.

People are always sheep whenever they decide to follow a viewpoint different than your own. :roll:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: paulney
Pretty soon I'll stop opening any threads by aidanjm.

Pretty soon they will pass a law requiring you to open his threads and read them.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

I don't think it is that people are sheep. Actually, I think people are sheep to believe the anti-gay marriage propaganda spouted by religious fundamentalists (i.e., that gay marriage will destroy society or the institution of marriage). When people actually see gay marriages occurring in their own communities, and see that it doesn't lead to the end of the world, and see the amount of happiness it brings the people who are marrying, why them people actually start trusting their own judgements on this issue rather than deferring to the church.

They are sheep.

You think they are sheep if they believe anti-gay propaganda, but they AREN'T sheep if they believe the pro-gay propoganda? Gee that makes sense. Basically they are only sheep if they believe in something which you don't believe in, because you are always right? You're being arrogant again.

Again I will say that marriage is between a man and a woman. That is how it was meant to be and anyone who thinks they have the right to take a long-standing bliblical based institution and spit on it can go straight to hell.

But we've been here before. I've already said that I have no issues with gay guys having a legal union. You just can't call it marriage because that IS NOT what marriage is. But anyway I think that's another one of your locked threads somewhere.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000

Hey, Mr. Brokeback from the Outback......this is not just a religious issue. You are the one making all the generalizations and calling people names all the time. I am not religious nor am I a sheep nor am I a homophobe because I don't agree with or approve of the gay lifestyle.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
Exactly. Once something becomes a law, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. Look at how well Bush did with the Patriot Act, tricking everyone with that sunset clause.
Seriously though, laws have their own momentum to them. Even long worthless ones cannot be repealed. I think it's still illegal in some 20 states for man and wife to have oral sex in their own bedrooms. And if a repeal of that law were put to a vote, most voters would vote to keep it in place, knowing they'd be breaking that law that very night.
This is why I think every law should have an expiration date.

You are wrong. It is possible to get unjust or unfair or ridiculous laws overturned. It just takes time. For example, it took two US Supreme Court challenges to get the ban on sodomy in Texas overturned. That ruling basically stated that people had a right to sexual privacy (or a right to go about their business without over-zealous interference by the state) under Due Process. The ruling has implications for many of these ludicrous sex laws banning things like oral sex, masturbation, etc. (those laws should basically be invalid now, under the 2003 Texas sodomy ruling, which asserts that people do have a right to sexual privacy without undue government interference). As for the change in people's attitudes in Massachucetts, I think it has more to do with gay people being humanized in the media, and people seeing that same-sex marriage didn't destroy society or marriage itself.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You are wrong. It is possible to get unjust or unfair or ridiculous laws overturned. It just takes time. For example, it took two US Supreme Court challenges to get the ban on sodomy in Texas overturned. That ruling basically stated that people had a right to sexual privacy (or a right to go about their business without over-zealous interference by the state) under Due Process. The ruling has implications for many of these ludicrous sex laws banning things like oral sex, masturbation, etc. (those laws should basically be invalid now, under the 2003 Texas sodomy ruling, which asserts that people do have a right to sexual privacy without undue government interference). As for the change in people's attitudes in Massachucetts, I think it has more to do with gay people being humanized in the media, and people seeing that same-sex marriage didn't destroy society or marriage itself.
Name one that was repealed by the voters and not by a court.

As to Massachusetts, how can you really claim to know what's going on there? You're some 16k miles away supposedly. Everything you know about things you don't see is hearsay and/or propaganda. That applies to everything, not just this issue. Keep that in mind. Believe what you see, not see what you believe.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
STOP

POSTING

GAY

THREADS

go to gay.com and post in their forums where they give a rats ass.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

I don't think that is relevant. What's relevant is you have an independent judicial system, acting as a check on over zealous legislators.

As to Massachusetts, how can you really claim to know what's going on there? You're some 16k miles away supposedly. Everything you know about things you don't see is hearsay and/or propaganda. That applies to everything, not just this issue. Keep that in mind. Believe what you see, not see what you believe.

I keep in touch with a few folks from that part of the world. I guess my opinions are formed from interactions with them, along with reading the various media from gay rights and news organisations. My opinion is also based on the truism that the more people learn about gay people, the less willing they are to discriminate against homosexuals. Gay activism is about overcoming ignorance at the end of the day. How is my opinion less supported than Odin's claim that changes in the public's attitudes are due to "people being sheep"..?

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

I don't think that is relevant. What's relevant is you have an independent judicial system, acting as a check on over zealous legislators.

I keep in touch with a few folks from that part of the world. I guess my opinions are formed from interactions with them, along with reading the obviously and overly biased media from gay rights and news organisations. My opinion is also based on my belief that the more people learn about gay people, the less willing they are to discriminate against homosexuals. Gay activism is about overcoming ignorance and trying to force my beliefs and ideals on others at the end of the day. How is my opinion less supported than Odin's claim that changes in the public's attitudes are due to "people being sheep"..?

fixed.

Also you prove my statement about people being sheep every time you let yourself be brainwashed a little bit more by organizations which don't want you to be free-thinking.

Dragoon42

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2000

I keep in touch with a few folks from that part of the world. I guess my opinions are formed from interactions with them, along with reading the obviously and overly biased media from gay rights and news organisations. My opinion is also based on my belief that the more people learn about gay people, the less willing they are to discriminate against homosexuals. Gay activism is about overcoming ignorance and trying to force my beliefs and ideals on others at the end of the day. How is my opinion less supported than Odin's claim that changes in the public's attitudes are due to "people being sheep"..?

fixed.

Also you prove my statement about people being sheep every time you let yourself be brainwashed a little bit more by organizations which don't want you to be free-thinking.

pwnage. People are sheep....

All i gotta say about gay people is that, if it came down to it. Two men/females can't pro-create. I mean wtf....$hit comes out of that hole