Boston Man Gives Husband Gift Of Life

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Gosh, society is changing at such a rapid pace.

I thought this story was heart warming. Would you give a kidney to your significant other?

Boston Man Gives Husband Gift Of Life

Margo Williams, 365Gay.com Boston Bureau
March 13, 2006

(Boston, Massachusetts) A Boston area man is doing well after a receiving a kidney from his husband in what is believed to be the first case of an organ transplant between legally married same-sex partners.

Bill Mokeler said there was no question in his mind about whether to donate his kidney to Paul Sagon, his husband of two years. He gave the gift on Valentine's Day.

Mokeler and Sagon married two years ago in Malden, Massachusetts.

The transplant means Sagon no longer has to endure painful dialysis. He had been regularly connected to the machine since May 1998.

"Words cannot describe what his sacrifice means to me," Sagon, 37, told the Boston Herald.

Sagon's sister might have been a better genetic match but Sagon refused to allow her to be a donor because she is a single mother and he thought the procedure would be too risky.

Mokeler, 42, suffers from debilitating arthritis and was initially ruled out as a potential donor because of the heavy medication he takes.

Last October, without telling Sagon, he decided to stop taking the pills and find out if he would qualify.

"The pain I endured was nothing in comparison to what he had to endure with his kidneys," Mokeler told the Herald.

He was told he was a good donor match on the week of their first wedding anniversary.

He told the paper that he prepared dinner and told Sagon he had a present for him.

The couple say that the operation just happened to fall on Valentine?s Day.

©365Gay.com 2006

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Error 649:

Does not compute. Usage error.

Men cannot have husbands. ERROR ERROR

CORE DUMP

Oh and how's it going you troll?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
And why is this a big deal? Why is it newsworthy?

EDIT: And the bolded parts in your article are no reasons to justify this as being newsworthy.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Gosh, society is changing at such a rapid pace.
If this ran in a real newspaper or something, I might agree. But cavalier reference to a gay married couple in a headline on "365gay.com" isn't exactly a major milestone. :p

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJ

EDIT: And the bolded parts in your article are no reasons to justify this as being newsworthy.

I don't think it is necessarily news worthy, hence I didn't post it in P&N. It's more of a "human interest" story.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

Because it's something gay and he has to post everything gay and anti-straight he can. He's a tool and a troll.

It's a big deal to him because he is arrogant and thinks he is better than everyone else.

I could go on.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: OdiN
Error 649:

CORE DUMP

Actually marriage for same-sex couples was fully legalized in Massachucetts a few years back.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Error 649:

CORE DUMP

Actually marriage for same-sex couples was fully legalized in Massachucetts a few years back.

Not my fault they made an error.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

Because it's something gay and he has to post everything gay and anti-straight he can. He's a tool and a troll.

It's a big deal to him because he is arrogant and thinks he is better than everyone else.

I could go on.

You think this thread is "anti-straight"? :confused:

I don't think I am better than everyone else, however I *know* I am better than you. Unlike you, I don't condone the use of state powers to impose harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

I could go on.

I don't think I am better than everyone else, however I *know* I am better than you. Unlike you, I don't condone the use of state powers to impose harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand.

I didn't say this thread...just you in general.

Who said I condoned harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand? I certainly never did.

Keep trolling.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
meh...another gay aidanjm thread......BORING...maybe if he started post some straight or lesbian (sexy bi types...not bikey dykey types) threads maybe I could give a rats ass...but until then

NEF

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Obviously, the OP is posting the article because the man was 42 year old.

He's a 42 year old rights activist.

I've never seen you post before, but yer slowly climbing the ladder to be put on the list.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

I could go on.

Who said I condoned harsh punishment on those I dislike or don't understand? I certainly never did.

Keep trolling.
Pot, meet kettle.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Because only married gay couples are noble and altruistic enough to swap kidneys. In fact, the idea of a kidney transplant from a living donor have never even been conceived of until the Commonwealth of Massachusetts was wise enough to pass gay marriage.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: hjo3

I could go on.

Keep trolling.
Pot, meet kettle.

:roll:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic

Because only married gay couples are noble and altruistic enough to swap kidneys. In fact, the idea of a kidney transplant from a living donor have never even been conceived of until the Commonwealth of Massachusetts was wise enough to pass gay marriage.

Because aidanjm needs to find something to keep him from killing himself.

*starts browsing straightwhitemales.net* (jk, its probably pr0n)

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Error 649:

CORE DUMP

And I think it is on the ballot for November for a popular vote in Mass....so don't count your brokebacks.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: hjo3

I could go on.

Keep trolling.
Pot, meet kettle.

:roll:
Curse your superior argument! Foiled again by the rolly-eyes emoticon!