Borderlands 2 release date and preorder

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Does BL2 have multiple save slots? I quit playing BL1 when I accidentally sold my good armor and couldn't revert to an older save.

You can actually buy back stuff you sold in the vending machines. Beware, I believe the stuff are lost if you leave the zone or quit and restart the game.

BuybackEdit
The Buyback Option stores the 20 most recently sold items until the player leaves the zone or quits the game.
If a 21st item is sold, the oldest item in the Buyback list will be lost.
Each item in the Buyback list is available at any vending machine, of any type, in that particular zone.
The Buyback list is unaffected by the 20 minute cycle of new merchandise.
In multiplayer games every participant has his/her own list.
Buyback is at selling price, not the 7 times inflated buying price.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Vending_machine

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Anyone else thinks this game is just as good, if not better in singleplayer VS co-op?

I actually have enjoyed singleplayer more than co-op.

Depends. If you find a good group of people to play with then multi is the far better experience. However finding people to play with is easier said than done.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I played BL1 and BL2 almost exclusively solo. I do some multi, but it is probably 5% of the time I spent playing the games.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Steam says I put 150+ hours into BL1, but I believe I had at least 50+ that somehow got whiped before that, and that was 100% solo. I've yet to play multiplayer in BL2, but probably will eventually. I just got a RL friend of mine hooked on BL1, so I will probably duo with him soon.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Finally hit 50 with my siren on Sunday and farmed a bee shield today. WOW. Takes things down so easy now.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Finally hit 50 with my siren on Sunday and farmed a bee shield today. WOW. Takes things down so easy now.

This was of course in True Vault Hunter Mode?

I just finished the Mainquest in normal mode, defeating the Warrior and Handsom Jack. Commando Level 34 running singleplayer all the way and alot of sidequesting. Exeperienced a bug where I could not get the Vault key because Handsome Jacks's corpse was laying on it LoL. I just reloaded the game and his corpse was gone, then I could get the key and be finished with the mainquest.

Think I'm gonna wait with the Trur Vault Hunter Mode until I have played the new DLC coming out today.

I also have a Gunzerker Level 25, so could use that one to finish mainquest and start Vault Hunter Mode... Or... the other way around.. What a great game! Best I've played in a long time!

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
I find it a bit strange there are no new Achievements for both this new DLC and the Mechromancer. Isn't it common practice on most game to add extra Achievements when DLC's are added?

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
I've played about an hour of Scarlett. I went in there as Commando Level 34. Finished a lot of sidequesting and mainquest in maingame.

Up until now Scarlett DLC has been way to easy. Kill people with a couple of shots. Those regular guys was Level 29 or something. I came across some pirate badasses too, took only a few shots to kill them. Also, equipment I've found up until now is max Level 30.

If it continues to be this easy there is no point playing this Level 34 character for this DLC. I have Gunzerker at almost Level 27, maybe it would be wise to use him instead.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
If it continues to be this easy there is no point playing this Level 34 character for this DLC. I have Gunzerker at almost Level 27, maybe it would be wise to use him instead.

That's really to be expected as Borderlands 1 was the same way with DLC in Playthrough 1. I believe Knoxx expected you to be... either level 30 or 35 (I believe it's the former), which most people were typically over after doing Playthrough 1 + Zombie Island. You may want to save the DLC for Playthrough 2.5 as everything will be at or above your level.

Jaiguru

Aug 13, 2007
That's really to be expected as Borderlands 1 was the same way with DLC in Playthrough 1. I believe Knoxx expected you to be... either level 30 or 35 (I believe it's the former), which most people were typically over after doing Playthrough 1 + Zombie Island. You may want to save the DLC for Playthrough 2.5 as everything will be at or above your level.

I'm level 50 now but haven't beaten the game a second time yet. If I get this DLC will all the enemies be 50+ or a lower lvl?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'm level 50 now but haven't beaten the game a second time yet. If I get this DLC will all the enemies be 50+ or a lower lvl?

I'm not too certain, but I'm guessing that they'll be a lower level. At worst, you can always go there and see since it looks like you'll encounter enemies pretty quickly.

CrystalBay

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2002
I find it a bit strange there are no new Achievements for both this new DLC and the Mechromancer. Isn't it common practice on most game to add extra Achievements when DLC's are added?

There are three new achievements for the new booty dlc. I just got one for the main quest completion. I'm a lvl 50 Mechro and a 50 commando.
There are some ridiculous invincible bosses after the main quest, impossible to solo
:whiste:

Last edited:

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Anybody else having framerate issues in this DLC?

Only seems to drop for me significantly when I'm sniping (esp. bee shield effects).

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
Anybody else having framerate issues in this DLC?

Only seems to drop for me significantly when I'm sniping (esp. bee shield effects).

It seems to be issues with physX in the dlc. Running sli 680's here and its nearly unplayable, main game runs great with physX on high, but ended up turning it down to low for the dlc. I assumed it was some sort of sound conflict/driver issue as it seemed to happen every time gunfire sounded, but switching physX to low fixed it. There's a huge thread on it over at the gearbox forum.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
If you enter the DLC in your second playthrough (at least that's where I'm at) I think it either scales up to your level or just straight to 50, can't really be sure which but they definitely are 49-51 for me.

I only wandered around for an hour, I really like the Sand Skiff but Shade is more annoying than anything to me. Scarlett seems cool though, and it appears theres at least five maps to the DLC (judging by my "undiscovered quest" entries).

And on my 7950 I actually thought things felt a little smoother in the DLC. Probably just all in my head though.