Black woman shoots unarmed white man

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Really? Cause what I see is claiming self defense really screws things up for police making an arrest. She walked off (till later), just like Zimmerman is walking away.

2nd point - I'm sorry but I didn't hear her 9/11 call, did she repeatedly describe the motorcyclist as a "white man". As Zimmerman referred to Martin as being black, more than once, also that he appeared drugged (who knows why he thought that.) Maybe Zimmermans focus on race opened the media up to bringing that up, ofc, you'll deny that I'm sure.

& Finally, you close by insisting that a white militia should have went after this women.

I'm new, thanks for clearing up why people around here always call you a racist.

But we have a black militia group in Florida marching and planning on arresting an innocent hispanic. Try to keep up on current events. That was the reference. And you'll normally find those that call others racist or intolerant are the most racist and intolerant people out there.

RedString

Feb 24, 2011
I don't think a militia group is going to be arresting anyone. And yea, I understood the reference - apparently you missed my bright red avatar throughout the Zimmerman thread.

So what exactly are you getting at, if blacks are doing it to Zimmerman then whites should have done the same to this women? Or are you saying because we did not do this to her, they shouldn't be doing this to him?

Regardless, the post was pointless and differentiates in more way than it is similar. Find another to compare it to.

Maybe one where the black suspect shoots a 17 year old white kid unprovoked. Preferably while walking home with skittles. Then we'll see all the racists come out of their sheds and yourself pouring threads into all recesses of the internet.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
But we have a black militia group in Florida marching and planning on arresting an innocent hispanic...
The New Black Panther Party.

You never did say in the other thread if both members showed up for the "march."

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Just because it's a white shooter, or black shooter, and opposite victim doesn't make it racism. It's the actions and words used that show the racism. Nothing in this sounds like it was racism or racially motivated. Where as the other thread where the unarmed black kid was shot sounds very racially motivated.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
She deserves the death penalty, but the sexist criminal system would never allow that. Not that I'm saying the 17 year old boy in the other story was likely to be an aggressor, but I can see how it might be hard to prove that the Zimmerman dude wasn't acting in self defence. In a roadrage case like this in public (and I'm assuming daylight), there's no way you can assume that a pissed off guy is a likely threat.

Unless all the witnesses saw was the after math of this guy reaching into her car and trying to assault her first, which neither you nor I know.

It's just like the youtube vids of police using what seems like excessive force on someone when there's no record shown of what preceeded it . . . or the old NBA chestnut of the guy who reacts to an unseen hard foul getting the call made on him.

This is not to excuse in any way, shape or form how she and her son reacted after the guy we down -- but, honestly, however you THINK you may react in the immediate aftermath of an assault attempt, you don't really know and it may not be pretty or "correct."

After all, this guy INITIATED contact by cutting off and blokcing her SUV and dismounting and coming towards her. Just saying.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Facts in the article are sketchy. I don't know if racism was involved or not. It does sound like she should have stayed locked in her car or driven off. If the guy tried to get in by breaking the window, etc. then she had the option to shoot. Instead, she opened the door then shot him. Similar in that respect to the Florida incident.
Pretty much. Amazing that so many pages are filled on specific cases about which we know comparatively little and are largely "he said/she said". (There are of course underlying principles to debate, but as we have little indication of whether or not these principles were upheld we can't say much about the cases themselves.)