Black woman shoots unarmed white man

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Likely racism here? White boy was unarmed and just minding his own business when he approaches car to see "what's your problem"?

You decide. Let your google foo shine through.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8525058

Troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream, I'll post a specious topic to prove I'm not stuck up Shit Creek in my sinking boat named "A Winning Argument"! Lame attempt to vindicate your stance in the Florida shooting topic.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Facts in the article are sketchy. I don't know if racism was involved or not. It does sound like she should have stayed locked in her car or driven off. If the guy tried to get in by breaking the window, etc. then she had the option to shoot. Instead, she opened the door then shot him. Similar in that respect to the Florida incident.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I don't believe this woman was justified in her actions. Trigger happy, just like Mr. Zimmerman :(

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
Likely racism here? White boy was unarmed and just minding his own business when he approaches car to see "what's your problem"?

"Minding his own business" and "...approaches car to see" what's your problem"?" do not mesh. I reject your premise. And jeez, 2008? Weak sauce.
My first thought was she's probably protected by the Castle Doctrine, but who knows if Indiana had that back in '08.
EDIT: I don't need to be mean about it.

Last edited:

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
I don't think this or the other shooting were justified because both shooters needlessly escalated the situation. Neither of the vics had or brandished weapons from what I could gather from the articles.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
She should be charged and have to prove it was self defense, just like that killer in Florida.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

How you get "just minding his own business" from the facts as presented in the story is just mind-boggling. And when your own quotation has the police saying that the woman acted in self-defense, there just has to be a screw loose in your brain for you to see this incident as racism.

Get help.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
It explains a lot if Spidey has been in a coma for almost 4 years and this is news to him now.

The story is not news. It's not political.

Gun violence could be an issue worth discussing, but that's not what the OP wants to talk about... of course.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Terrible choice of story to try to defend your stance in the Zimmerman thread. This woman got at least 10 years, and it was not a "good shoot."

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I tend to think what this situation demonstrates is that upon shooting someone to death, the shooter will likely claim 'self defense' to avoid prison. I.e., not all claims are valid.

Beyond that, I don't see much.

Edit: Changed my mind, the other thing this story demonstrates is that witnesses are might damn helpful when it comes to confirming or debunking a claim of self defense.

Fern

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
If there ever was a thread that would make the OP flee, this is it. And Spidey seems to have left the premises.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
If there ever was a thread that would make the OP flee, this is it. And Spidey seems to have left the premises.

The point was there was no racial outrage at the shooter not getting arrested immediately. The point is she wasn't arrested until after a thorough investigation was done.

No call for "justice" and a lynching of the shooter without evidence. Also the point that there is no mention of race in the stories.

This story was very close to me, it received little attention. There was no white militia promising to march on her seeking vengeance. An innocent white man was nearly murdered by a black woman, where was the outrage? Why no outrage at her not getting arrested immediately?

Last edited:

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
The point was there was no racial outrage at the shooter not getting arrested immediately. The point is she wasn't arrested until after a thorough investigation was done.

No call for "justice" and a lynching of the shooter without evidence. Also the point that there is no mention of race in the stories.

This story was very close to me, it received little attention. There was no white militia promising to march on her seeking vengeance. An innocent white man was nearly murdered by a black woman, where was the outrage? Why no outrage at her not getting arrested immediately?

Did she get out of her vehicle and chase the guy down before killing him? Is there a 911 call where she identifies the person's race and says that she's not going to let another one of those axxholes get away again?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
She deserves the death penalty, but the sexist criminal system would never allow that. Not that I'm saying the 17 year old boy in the other story was likely to be an aggressor, but I can see how it might be hard to prove that the Zimmerman dude wasn't acting in self defence. In a roadrage case like this in public (and I'm assuming daylight), there's no way you can assume that a pissed off guy is a likely threat.

RedString

Feb 24, 2011

Really? Cause what I see is claiming self defense really screws things up for police making an arrest. She walked off (till later), just like Zimmerman is walking away.

2nd point - I'm sorry but I didn't hear her 9/11 call, did she repeatedly describe the motorcyclist as a "white man". As Zimmerman referred to Martin as being black, more than once, also that he appeared drugged (who knows why he thought that.) Maybe Zimmermans focus on race opened the media up to bringing that up, ofc, you'll deny that I'm sure.

& Finally, you close by insisting that a white militia should have went after this women.

I'm new, thanks for clearing up why people around here always call you a racist.