Black woman shoots unarmed white man

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Likely racism here? White boy was unarmed and just minding his own business when he approaches car to see "what's your problem"?

You decide. Let your google foo shine through.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8525058

The motorcycle driver is in a medically-induced coma but he is expected to survive. Police say Parrish acted in self-defense. The prosecutor will decide if she'll face charges.

RedString

Feb 24, 2011
Likely racism here? White boy was unarmed and just minding his own business when he approaches car to see "what's your problem"?

You decide. Let your google foo shine through.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8525058

I see no racism. Lady would have probably shot a black, asian, mexican, whoever. Dude was out of line cutting her off and coming at the vehicle - but she should have called cops and waited. If/when he busted out her window and appeared ready to attack, THEN I'd say she could defend herself any way necessary. Though I don't see why he would, she should have just pulled the gun out - guy probably would have been gone before you could blink.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
you are a idiot

it was not about race even though you and your KKK buddy alky want it that way.

it was about exculating a situation when it didn't need to be. i have no issue with this shooting at all. the idiot should have stayed on his bike and allowed her to pass. While the lady should have gone around him she didn't provoke or fallow him.

how you can compare the two is amazing

LOl but of course in this one wich is worse then the other thread you side with the "white boy"

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Witnesses say an aggressive motorcycle driver blocked an SUV from going around. When the two stopped, the motorcycle driver jumped off his bike. The driver of the SUV, Yolanda Parrish, hit the man with the vehicle door, picked up a gun and then shot him in the chest.

It does actually sound like self defense. As you would say spidey07, a "good shoot".

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
No racism found. Weapons violation, perhaps. Here, she would be charged with excessive force and illegal use of weapon. No reason for her to pull the trigger. This is all assuming that the other driver wasn't brandishing a weapon, the story is a bit lacking in detail. This would all change if she was standing in her house, of course.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It does actually sound like self defense. As you would say spidey07, a "good shoot".

Yes it does. Now use your google foo to find out more. I fully sided with her use of force and there was no racial outrage.

Keep googling to see what really happened.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
No racism found. Weapons violation, perhaps. Here, she would be charged with excessive force and illegal use of weapon. No reason for her to pull the trigger. This is all assuming that the other driver wasn't brandishing a weapon, the story is a bit lacking in detail. This would all change if she was standing in her house, of course.

There is a reason I posted this initial article as that was what we had at the time. Google more.

Notice no mention of race.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
http://newsandtribune.com/clarkcoun...onville-road-rage-shooter-claims-self-defense

At least two witnesses listed in the police report said that Parrish and her 15-year-old son got out of the vehicle and started shouting at the man on the ground.

“After she shot him, her and her son got out of the car and was standing over him cussing him and kicking him,” one witness said.

The victim’s injuries could have been worse if not for Micah Martin, a 25-year-old Eagle Scout from Jeffersonville. Martin was driving down 10th Street when he saw Mosier on the ground. He thought there had been a wreck.

“I just looked over and saw the gentleman trying to crawl back to Thorntons,” he said.

Martin said he was shocked to see about 15 people just standing and looking at the victim. He said police were talking to the suspects, and the man was on the ground by himself.

USAFdude02

Mar 2, 2006

Don't think this was a "good shoot." No weapon mentioned...no violence mentioned. Could just be the story not mentioning...but from those details, sounds like excessive force to me. If there was any weapon...then fine...shooting should be a last resort. Doesn't sound racially motivated to me.

Before I get flamed...you need to feel your life is in danger to pull the trigger. She had the option to stay in the car and keep the door shut. If he started being violent call 911...if he breaks anything or tries gaining access to the SUV...then you are in danger... good shoot.

This, I hope she gets prosecuted for. This is he kind of story that makes people be scared of guns.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I found boochi's link as well. Only thing it adds is that she thought he spat on her. Still doesn't justify what she did IMO.

I found this link too:
http://www.wlky.com/news/16645273/detail.html

The witness also said she saw Parrish's 15-year-old son exit the SUV and begin kicking and taunting Mosier after the shooting. Another witness on the report said he saw Parrish join in, too.

Starting to look more and more like charges are warranted IMO. Seems more and more like she was trying to inflict bodily harm to get even rather than defend herself from an attacker.

Last edited:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I feel like Spidey is trying to make a point about something with this story, since it's several years old. For the life of me I can't think of what that point might be though, since the story seems to suggest the gun owner got convicted of the road rage shooting.

Edit: If anything, this suggest that shooting someone isn't automatically self-defense or a "good shoot".

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
This is Spidey's "I'M NOT RACIST, MY BEST FRIEND IS BLACK" post. Transparent much?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is Spidey's "I'M NOT RACIST, MY BEST FRIEND IS BLACK" post. Transparent much?

No, it's to prove the point about laws regarding self defense and how race has nothing to do with the law. Only facts and evidence.

Clue for you and everybody else - I don't care if you call me racist, I really don't. I'll stick to facts and truth.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
Hey google foo, everyone google foo.

Yeah I've no idea what he's talking about either.

My opinion: The woman was unjustified in shooting the guy, race irrelevant.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
No, it's to prove the point about laws regarding self defense and how race has nothing to do with the law. Only facts and evidence.

Clue for you and everybody else - I don't care if you call me racist, I really don't. I'll stick to facts and truth.

lololol. Who said racism had anything to do with the law in the other case? No one said that. Some people, including me, accused you of being a fool and a racist for siding with the thug that murdered the teenager. You justified your support with speculation and claimed others were being speculative when they themselves speculated. By starting this thread it looks like you were sensitive to the racism charge. You should be since you are racist. And when you finally shoot a black man or a Jew or a Mexican, prosecutors will point to your posts here as evidence that you intentionally sought to kill. That means you will get the chair.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah I don't tend to google crap like that. I'd rather not know.

That's OK, there are other sources besides Google! :biggrin:

pull-head-out-of-ass-for-dummies.jpg

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
Spidey do us a favor and link every crime in the united states that involves a white person and a black person, but try not to get too excited, ok? You can use your KKK-Fu and evaluate each for any evidence of racism....k?