Black woman shoots unarmed white man

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

superccs

Dec 29, 2004
I think that evens the score, an unarmed black dude was capped in a white neighborhood this week as well.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
"Google foo" isn't worth knowing.

Not worth knowing, but it is worth multiple comments from you apparently. So you are willing to comment, and use, a term that you consider not worth knowing. :hmm:

I could not care less, I just sometimes find your.... logic.... to be interesting.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
What the hell is this Spidey?

It is like a necro post, but a necro news story. I am not even sure what your point is, and the other thread has way to many people posting non relevant stuff in it.

I am not even sure why you are asking about racism.

fail thread.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
Dunno if there is any racism here, but if the facts as presented in that news article are true, then she should clearly be going to prison.

Just because he stops her car, that in no way means her life was threatened, so she had no justifiable reason to kill him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What the hell is this Spidey?

It is like a necro post, but a necro news story. I am not even sure what your point is, and the other thread has way to many people posting non relevant stuff in it.

I am not even sure why you are asking about racism.

fail thread.

It's apparently Spidey's version of "They're just as Bad!"- false equivalency as self justification... utterly unsurprising.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I feel sorry for spidey if his feeble mind thinks this is the same circumstances as the shooting from the other thread.

So many of these extreme right wing people like to pretend they have the moral high ground but then get exposed for having no morals at all.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
With your attitude about CC, you should be proud of her.

Unless Spidey is actually a racist bastard (I personally haven't seen any reason to believe that) than he almost surely thinks that this was a "good shoot". He is fucking with yall over the unarmed black kid thread.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
The witness said the victim did not appear aggressive when he approached Parrish’s SUV.

“He seemed calm and everything,” she said. She said he walked toward the driver’s window, and she hit him with the door and then shot him through the window.

“She shouted, ‘Oh no you don’t’ and opened the car door to shove him out of the way,” the witness said.

Another witness, however, told police that Mosier had an angry look on his face.

Sounds like charges are warranted to me. Even if he looked angry as he was approaching, he might have just yelled at her and that's no excuse for shooting someone. Might not be racism but definitely over-reaction and she took someone's life without due reason.

Edit: just noticed the article is over 3 years old. What happened at the trial?

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
This would only be equivalent if:

She was chasing/tailgating a motorcyclist who had done nothing wrong (no cutting off, etc) and was following every rule of the road.

At a stop she gets out of her car and confronts/tries to detain the motorcyclist. They get in a fracas where she then pulls out a gun and shoots him in the chest.

She then claims innocence and that she had not choice in the matter.

This more sounds like a case of mutual road rage that escalated and resulted in an unnecessary shooting. Her sentencing IMO was appropriate.

Zimmerman will hopefully face justice in the same way. He initiated the confrontation - just b/c it didn't work out the way he expected doesn't absolve him of responsibility, intent, and wrongdoing.

PrinceMyshkin

Aug 23, 2007
This would only be equivalent if:

She was chasing/tailgating a motorcyclist who had done nothing wrong (no cutting off, etc) and was following every rule of the road.

At a stop she gets out of her car and confronts/tries to detain the motorcyclist. They get in a fracas where she then pulls out a gun and shoots him in the chest.

She then claims innocence and that she had not choice in the matter.

This more sounds like a case of mutual road rage that escalated and resulted in an unnecessary shooting. Her sentencing IMO was appropriate.

Zimmerman will hopefully face justice in the same way. He initiated the confrontation - just b/c it didn't work out the way he expected doesn't absolve him of responsibility, intent, and wrongdoing.

^^^Pretty much this.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Its fucking bumblefuck indiana, who gives a rats ass?

I am sure the victims family do for starters. Nice NYC elitist prick attitude BTW. Is yours feigned or legitimately contracted? I can never decide which one is worse.

Sorry, but I am so tired of these comments in virtually any thread not related to LA or NYC. There is always some asshole with an "Iowa? LOL" or "fuck those hicks" comment. Strangely enough, they almost always come from a single demographic too.