Biden admin winding down "remain in Mexico" policy, will start measured admittance of those registered.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Reactions: hal2kilo

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You might be confusing asylum claimants with economic migration. Anyway the caps on all the legal immigration categories are way too low to begin with.

A million plus people in the US just died from COVID and that's causing major economic drag via the labor supply. Letting more people in is exactly what we should be doing right now.

Im not confusing anything. I clearly said it was referring to work visas. And as I previously said, I agree caps are too low. My complaint is many arent following the guidelines stated on my state.gov link above.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I remember when the glass was considered half full. When America welcomed immigrants who were simply looking for a better life. Immigrants who simply wanted to live the American dream, just like the Pilgrims and the founding fathers.

Now, today, the knee jerk reaction is to hate and despise.
I wonder how THAT attitude ever happened?
I wonder how it was that immigrants who made themselves legal would now decide who is allowed in and who is not allowed in to their little American citizenry club?

Frankly, the American Indian should kick all of us the hell out of their country. And it is their country after all, or show me the deed granted and signed by any Indian.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I remember when the glass was considered half full. When America welcomed immigrants who were simply looking for a better life. Immigrants who simply wanted to live the American dream, just like the Pilgrims and the founding fathers.

Now, today, the knee jerk reaction is to hate and despise.
I wonder how THAT attitude ever happened?
I wonder how it was that immigrants who made themselves legal would now decide who is allowed in and who is not allowed in to their little American citizenry club?

Frankly, the American Indian should kick all of us the hell out of their country. And it is their country after all, or show me the deed granted and signed by any Indian.
Anti immigrant sentiment has always been present in American society.

If you come to NYC go visit the tenement museum and see how welcoming the great gateway of immigration was.

Reactions: hal2kilo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Was title 42 ever about public safety or a backdoor block immigrant policy?

The latter. Everybody screams about the numbers but the high numbers themselves are a consequence of the policy due to recidivism. Reverting to previous policy would actually be productive but the "crisis" profits conservatives politically. They want to make it worse not better.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Wait what is this? Biden gets an agreement for Mexico to pay $1.5B for border upgrades? He’s such a good deal maker.

Fox News link for the reality challenged.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Wait what is this? Biden gets an agreement for Mexico to pay $1.5B for border upgrades? He’s such a good deal maker.

Fox News link for the reality challenged.
Bu, but I thought that was how Trump was going to pay for the wall.