Australian student shot dead in U.S. by 3 teenagers who killed him for the fun of it!

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

The whole thug culture is tied intimately with guns. ALL gangbangers have guns. It is as mandatory as the gang colors. You aren't a man until you have your 9 mm. Jesus, listen to rap music. All they sing about is cappin people. Gang culture is gun culture.

So once again, BULLSHIT.

PS. How much is the NRA paying you?

/facepalm

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Yea that will fix everything for the victim's family. Screw trying to prevent murders like this from happening in the first place. Nice.

If you try yo prevent murders like this from happening you will just be accused of being a racist or hating women. :colbert:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

The whole thug culture is tied intimately with guns. ALL gangbangers have guns. It is as mandatory as the gang colors. You aren't a man until you have your 9 mm. Jesus, listen to rap music. All they sing about is cappin people. Gang culture is gun culture.

So once again, BULLSHIT.

Disarm all gangs/gangbangers and leave law abiding citizens alone.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Disarm all gangs/gangbangers and leave law abiding citizens alone.

Start treating gangs as the insurgency it is.

Gang bangers think they are tough. Let's get them to try and protect their territory when there's armed soldiers on every corner in the hood and humvees with mounted 50 cal's creeping through the back allies. Let them rethink what a 'drive by' shooting can look like. Maybe even demo the 50 cal once a week so they can all hear what it sounds like.

I 100% support bringing in the National Guard to take over East. St. Louis. I have friends that spent time in Iraq and still think EsTL is worse than many areas in Iraq.

I spent time in Joplin within 48 hours after the tornado, and the Missouri National Guard presence was STRONG. Armed soldiers were on every corner, especially at night.

Last edited:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Wear an Obama mask at a rodeo = Hate Crime (or treated like one)

Killing an innocent white man after tweeting "90% of white people are nasty #HATE THEM" = Not a Hate Crime

Is this country going insane?

Sep 7, 2009

Killing an innocent white man after tweeting "90% of white people are nasty #HATE THEM" = Not a Hate Crime

Welcome to modern utopian progressive America.

Thankfully our Dear Leader has really woken a lot of people up to a glimpse of what ultra liberals want. I expect to see a major shift in who we elect based on his racism and lies.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010

So once again, BULLSHIT.

I think we could come to an understanding on this. I get where you are coming from, and from that angle agree. But there is meaningfully more to the equation than,

gun = guns kill innocent people.

The role of the individuals in that equation can't be snuffed out, because it leaves the magnitude of their involvement unquestioned, unchallenged, and IMO unsolved.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

sorry no racism found. nope can't be racist against whites.

according to many anyway.

Then there's hopes for Democrats and Republicans.

heheheh

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Good article = http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/22/opinion/granderson-criminal-kids-responsibility/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

As a newspaper reporter, I covered and was around a fair number of crime scenes involving juvenile delinquents and few things bothered me more than listening to their parents. Crying, ranting, proclaiming how great their children were despite being kicked out of school or previous run-ins with the law.

We don't teach accountability, we don't expect accountability and I'm not even sure we even know what accountability looks like anymore. Some of us have become so addicted to pointing fingers at others for all the wrong that happens in our lives that self-assessment has become synonymous with blaming the victim.

If sorry is not good enough to protect a bartender who serves alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person who drives and kills someone, why is sorry good enough for parents who, through negligence, are culpable for the crimes their undisciplined children commit?

If my son goes out and breaks the neighbor's window, I have to pay for it. Why is a window more sacred than another human life?

We need to hold parents more accountable, both culturally and legally, for the actions of their children. Maybe then more parents will be more engaged in the lives of their children on the front end, rather than the back end, in front of a judge. Society has avenues for juveniles who refuse to obey their parents. But where are the safeguards for society when parents decide not to use those avenues?

I'm tired of hearing how good the kids who commit heinous crimes are. Maybe we should start putting parents on the witness stand so they can tell us exactly what they did to raise such perfect children.

I totally agree with the quote above from the author. Enough of "It's just the way it is. My son ain't never been no bad person, he just got mixed with bad people, that's all ... he sorry." from clueless and ignorant parents.

I am not an angel by any mean but I know not to shoot innocent stranger in the back just because I am bored. Oh, since those allleged killers are such angels, why weren't they in school during the day but out on the streets?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012

So once again, BULLSHIT.

Describing your views? Nice to see.

How about you address the real issues that are causing these problems instead of attacking the gun.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

It's going progressive. Some might classify that as insane. The thought processes of the progressive left have absolutely zero basis in logic. But they will argue with you all day long that they do.

If your home has ants you call an exterminator. If your crops are being eaten by bugs you spray them. If a mosquito lands on your person you swat it. In this country when a progressive bleats their mournful cry we elect them. They need to be treated like the pests that they are. We've coddled them and humored them and gone along with them for too long. Nothing good will come of it.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It's the Aussies own fault for not carrying a gun himself to defend himself with.

Sep 7, 2009
It's the Aussies own fault for not carrying a gun himself to defend himself with.

Probably why they targeted a younger white kid. They wanted someone too young to be able to conceal carry.

These thugs know that older businesspeople are more and more likely to conceal carry nowadays.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Start treating gangs as the insurgency it is.

Gang bangers think they are tough. Let's get them to try and protect their territory when there's armed soldiers on every corner in the hood and humvees with mounted 50 cal's creeping through the back allies. Let them rethink what a 'drive by' shooting can look like. Maybe even demo the 50 cal once a week so they can all hear what it sounds like.

I 100% support bringing in the National Guard to take over East. St. Louis. I have friends that spent time in Iraq and still think EsTL is worse than many areas in Iraq.

I spent time in Joplin within 48 hours after the tornado, and the Missouri National Guard presence was STRONG. Armed soldiers were on every corner, especially at night.

gangs are urban terrorists. Their effect and behavior terrorizes society. Fueled by hipHop / illegal guns / drive by shootings / and the liberal / presidential outreach to empathize with gang thuggery it's no wonder so many in society engage in race based identity politics when it's institutionalized from the white house down and warmly embraced by the willing accomplices in the liberal media and NPR.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

Um.... he was shot in the ...... BACK!!!!! He didn't know he was being attacked until after he was fatally wounded. Sorry to break the news to you but guns don't make you bullet proof.

Worst, logic, eva.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
From TIME

The numbers don’t lie: young black men do commit about 50% of the murders in the U.S. We don’t yet know whether the attack on Lane was racially motivated, nor can we know whether the three black boys who attacked a white boy on a Florida school bus recently would not have done the same to a black kid. (Critics took Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to task for not condemning the violence.) But hardly uncommon are cases such as the two black guys who doused a white 13-year-old with gasoline and lit him on fire, saying “You get what you deserve, white boy” (Kansas City, Mo.) or 20 black kids who beat up white Matthew Owens on his porch “for Trayvon” (Mobile, Ala.).

So, it’s just fake to pretend that the association of young black men with violence comes out of thin air. Young black men murder 14 times more than young white men. If the kinds of things I just mentioned were regularly done by whites, it’d be trumpeted as justification for being scared to death of them.

Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/vi...ce-in-christopher-lanes-murder/#ixzz2ciwjB8W8

Even the mainstream media is calling it for what it is.

Sep 7, 2009
Um.... he was shot in the ...... BACK!!!!! He didn't know he was being attacked until after he was fatally wounded. Sorry to break the news to you but guns don't make you bullet proof.

Worst, logic, eva.

This is why it's important to keep an eye on obvious thugs from a distance when you're out and about. They're also known for the random stabbings in the back. Just have to stay alert when you're around them.

iIKDEbb.gif

Plus even if you're shot in the heart you still have 10 seconds to get a couple of rounds off.

If I were shot in the back you damn well can bet that I'd get a few rounds out before taking my last breath.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
If I were shot in the back you damn well can bet that I'd get a few rounds out before taking my last breath.

And the chances of you hitting an innocent bystander would probably be about the same as the chances of you hitting the intended target (its kind of hard to be a good shot with a bullet in your back). Happens all the time when the gang-bangers start shooting at each other. They hit bystanders about as often as they hit their target.

In this instance the targets were in a car driving away.... the chances of you pulling a handgun out and actually hitting somebody would have to be close to nil.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
And the chances of you hitting an innocent bystander would probably be about the same as the chances of you hitting the intended target (its kind of hard to be a good shot with a bullet in your back). Happens all the time when the gang-bangers start shooting at each other. They hit bystanders about as often as they hit their target.

I am a perfect shot.

I assure you that it would be a clean kill, straight through the useless thug's heart.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

In this instance the targets were in a car driving away.... the chances of you pulling a handgun out and actually hitting somebody would have to be close to nil.

I don't agree with the anti-gun sentiment, but the idea that you'll get a good shot off after being shot yourself is...low. Especially when they're in a car.

Spatially, you know the 4 rules? "Always be sure of your target and backstop" - moreover, if they're driving off and no longer pose a risk to you...you can't shoot in many states.