++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7428 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate how even simple upgrades can never go right for me. Installed the ram, but now I get no sound. WTF? I hate Linux sometimes. Sound has always been messed up in Linux but this is a new one. Never seen ram cause a sound issue.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Haven't made a pizza in a long time. Made the dough this morning before I headed off to work. Got home and the dough had risen. Was a little sticky. A little flour took care of that. I only gave it a dusting. It pressed out fine. Used some of my meatballs that I made last week. Brushed olive oil on the crust before I put it in the oven. Turned out pretty good!

t3cXTWlh.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What machine is this?

My main workstation. It used to be my mining rig so I originally only put 8GB of ram in it. My old workstation motherboard did not like add on GPUs and would act all weird (Even pre OS load) so I gave up and just switched to this one as I needed a GPU that can do 2x 4k.

8GB was getting quite limited especially if I wanted to run test VMs and what not. Firefox alone used up most of the 8GB.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Good to see you are not in that pile up

Isn't that some shit? I almost called in. I drove slow to work today. Normally, I drive somewhat aggressively. But I knew about the ice ahead of time. It was icing up my windows at 11pm when I went out to set the air to defrost the windows. Remote start. I do like a warmed up car that I can see out of. I've had enough experience with this occasional ice that I take it really seriously.

You see the road littered with wrecked vehicles. I saw a full size pickup dangling off the guardrail with the another highway underneath. You very hard to stop on ice. We rarely get much on our roads. Lots of people to effect. The freeze line usually stays north of the Red River in Oklahoma. OKC has to deal with this all winter long. I'd much rather drive on snow than ice.