• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7428 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Good to see you are not in that pile up
Isn't that some shit? I almost called in. I drove slow to work today. Normally, I drive somewhat aggressively. But I knew about the ice ahead of time. It was icing up my windows at 11pm when I went out to set the air to defrost the windows. Remote start. I do like a warmed up car that I can see out of. I've had enough experience with this occasional ice that I take it really seriously.

You see the road littered with wrecked vehicles. I saw a full size pickup dangling off the guardrail with the another highway underneath. You very hard to stop on ice. We rarely get much on our roads. Lots of people to effect. The freeze line usually stays north of the Red River in Oklahoma. OKC has to deal with this all winter long. I'd much rather drive on snow than ice.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Took off today. Still in bed. Prowl purring next to me. Snow on the ground. 8°F. Drove on the snow yesterday for the first time since 2015 when I was in Roswell.

ASK THE COMMUNITY