• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7429 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Do you still have power?
Yes. Never lost it...yet. I've got a buddy that's had it off for most of the day. But here I am taking off from work so I don't have to go in and work and I my internet's been down all day because there's no power to it. I guess I'd rather have my power on than have my internet.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I already called out for tomorrow. Got some new shoes racks I need to put together. That's my project I hope we don't get too much snow tomorrow.

Pohemi420

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
7429 pages...I wonder what page my last nef was on :p
Might have been a few years.

edit: nm, it was pg 6905

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Serious Question:

How long before Barbie gets a tattoo?

Or a girlfriend?

or a penis?

This year maybe?

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Day 2 without my internet. Now, everyone is overloading the cell towers and I'm having difficulty just refreshing a page.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I already made it out today and got something to eat went and got some beef shish kabob from my favorite Turkish restaurant. Stop by the market and got a few things. Shelves still look like they're picked through. I put together two shoe racks that I bought. I was going to put them on a shelf in the closet but they're just too high. So, I'm going to stack them and put them where the computer desk is currently, as I'm giving that away.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We're getting a new mattress today so I pulled the old mattress off the bed. Oso (cat) is freaking out because he absolutely loves the bed which is his playground. Bed is one of the best things that ever happened to him. When we took in a new kitten, Oso literally ran back and forth between the kitten and the bed trying to show it to her, "You've got to see this!" Poor kitty is very traumatized. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
That sounds painful. That reminds me we need to download our T4 manually now, but good part of that is we don't have to wait until like March for it anymore. Going to have to check to see if they're available for download. It's pretty much the last thing left until I can get my taxes done.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
My internet was out for two days. Real hardship, I know. Came back up at 1:30 this morning. Woke up today and the water is off. No showers. No shaves (yes, I'm the lone male who still shaves). No water to flush toilets. Friend's power has been out for over two days now. He only lives a mile away. I'm currently melting snow on my stove top so I can have water to flush the toilets.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That sounds painful. That reminds me we need to download our T4 manually now, but good part of that is we don't have to wait until like March for it anymore. Going to have to check to see if they're available for download. It's pretty much the last thing left until I can get my taxes done.

This is business, but since I am operating from home and pandemic really shot up my home energy and water use.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
My internet was out for two days. Real hardship, I know. Came back up at 1:30 this morning. Woke up today and the water is off. No showers. No shaves (yes, I'm the lone male who still shaves). No water to flush toilets. Friend's power has been out for over two days now. He only lives a mile away. I'm currently melting snow on my stove top so I can have water to flush the toilets.

Fun times. I had to do that the other day too when my water was out due to broken water main in my area. I easily could have gone to my parent's or sister's place if I was really stuck but I'm stubborn and wanted to figure things out myself. :p I did end up going to my sister's to take a shower though, easier than trying to take a sponge bath with snow. I could have if I really had to though.

What sucks is places that have no water AND no power. Something I never accounted for much myself and I'm honestly not all that prepared for such scenario. Losing one or the other for a short period is not so bad, but both for days is tough.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
This is business, but since I am operating from home and pandemic really shot up my home energy and water use.

Hmm I wonder if they have any type of tax break stuff for people that had to work from home. I'm sure my tax person will have that figured out. Probably based on percentage of time spent working at home vs at work though, and I've mostly been at the office.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
PSA: You need to melt a LOT of snow to get water.
Snow is basically fluffy ice and ice is low density water.

You want 20 pounds of water? You need 20 pounds of snow.
Thats a fuckload of snow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY