++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 452 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Tomorrow is going to be a very nice day, which means a good time to wash and wax the car.

But I don't have the stuff I need/want, Wal Mart and Autozone didn't have anything, so I'd need to buy and get it shipped in.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I'm considering removing my G's LCD screen and bracketing a new 5" Garmin in its place.

It then occurred to me that the onboard GPS system has never done a "looking for satellite" thing, so I wonder if there's a way to tie the Infiniti GPS satellite hookup into the Garmin. I don't think so, they're probably both proprietary.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Unfortunately, the G's GPS is not a touchscreen, which makes entering an address an absolute nightmare that takes 20 times as long as a Garmin.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I'm glad I stopped watching NFL
bkIti.png
Really falcons?!?!

Now this is bettter:
t7UwH.png

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So, regarding the drilling... the power rack for the home gym now has J hooks. Also, holes have been bored through the rack for the J hooks. It all feels pretty fucking solid.

I need a few more holes to set up the safety rails, probably eight holes in total, then sprayfoam the gaps and cracks all around, wire up the heater (220V, 5kW), clean the place up, and it's all done.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
The Patriots offense is shaping up, although I still don't like Hernandez (think Pierre Garcon), and we need a good second running back, preferably a power back. Also, Ochocinco needs to fucking go already, I'll take Moss back over this piece of crap.

The problem is the defense. We have basically zip for a pass rush, Haynesworth is pretty worthless, and the secondary just sucks all around. We can win the AFC East and make the playoffs on offense, but the playoffs can't be won with one of the worst defenses in the league.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Our biggest mistake was probably not paying some of the really good guys we had a long time ago. Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Richard Seymour... I don't even remember all the other names.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
In other news, I like Sanchez now... because as long as he's with the Jest, the Jest will remain a second-rate team.

Also, I figure the best way to distract Fat Ryan is to have cheerleaders go barefoot.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Given the presence of a 5kW heater, I have become more likely to forgo a new shed... although the summer will certainly test that.

I also do believe the bar needs to come indoors every day, because after just being out there for a couple weeks of 40-60 F weather, it was damp with condensation, and extremely cold.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I can probably store it in the basement... inconvenient to move it around, and still chilled, but at least it'll be above freezing, and, in the summer, not triple digits.