++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1567 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
"Texas Toast is the best toast. It is widely known that Edgar Allen Poe survived on nothing but Texas Toast while writing The Tell-tale Heart."

Methinks that violates Wikipedia's neutrality and citation standards.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So the idea of finishing the chemistry by the end of tomorrow night is that it'll mean all I'll have beyond that is a circuits and a calculus test on Wednesday, a circuits lab due on Thursday, and a chem lab due on Friday. I can do the labs the night before - not ideal, but it'll give me as much time as possible for calculus studying. And with how ready I am for circuits, I figure I can just leave a blank copy of one practice test to spare, and blow through that at 8am before the class next Wednesday as my warm up.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I've so far seen that my first circuits question of a day gives me a giant "wtf is this shit" moment, and takes a couple minutes to get started. I gain speed the entire way through a problem collection. So I'll deal with a practice test at my leisure under no stress before class, and hopefully put myself in the right frame of mind to deal with it.

I took a practice test today in the class, and bombed it. I was so close all over the place, but on 3 of the 6 questions, just had some truly retarded mistakes. Flipped the targets of the current dividers in one, totally ignored the series in an R equivalent equation (after writing the correct equation), and then fucked up KVL on another one. The closest to being a didn't-know was the KVL, I think I flopped some signs around.

I only got two fully right, and the last one I think I screwed up in the current divider, but I haven't checked it yet.

Despite this though, not really worried about that test. I know the stuff, I just got in my own way this morning.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
My parents are leaving for a long weekend vacation, I believe Saturday morning. So I get to find a long menu before they leave. :awe:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

Let me set the stage for my own "turning down coffee" story. The year is 1998, and a hot coworker and I go on a business trip together to Washington, DC. We get to the hotel and go our separate ways. 20 or 30 minutes later, there's a knock on my door and it is her, dressed (IIRC) in a loose shirt and sweatpants. She comes in to "talk" and stretches out on my bed and was asking me all sorts of personal questions. I was seeing someone at the time so being Mr. Faithful (FUCK!), I talked for a bit and then said I was tired.

My friends make fun of me to this day for missing that chance.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I think grilled chicken breast in the normal soy sauce blend, with rice pilaf, for Saturday at lunch.

Steak, in pure A1 (the stuff expires, it has to get used up), on the grill, accompanied by a recipe for cubed golden potatoes covered in seasonings and baked (inspired by Key West, recipe to be found online), for Saturday night's dinner. This might have a time crunch - I won't get home until past 8, and dinner would take at least an hour to make.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Let me set the stage for my own "turning down coffee" story. The year is 1998, and a hot coworker and I go on a business trip together to Washington, DC. We get to the hotel and go our separate ways. 20 or 30 minutes later, there's a knock on my door and it is her, dressed (IIRC) in a loose shirt and sweatpants. She comes in to "talk" and stretches out on my bed and was asking me all sorts of personal questions. I was seeing someone at the time so being Mr. Faithful (FUCK!), I talked for a bit and then said I was tired.

My friends make fun of me to this day for missing that chance.

I might make fun of you for missing that chance too. :p

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I might make fun of you for missing that chance too. :p

She was a little weird, but she was good looking and I bet she was wild in the sack. I had her in my palm and let her slip away on the count of the bitch I was in a relationship with which only lasted a couple more months. I wish, upon breaking up, I could've said "Oh yeah?!?!? Remember that business trip I went on with Suzy (not her real name)?? I banged her until the morning!"

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
The entire plane ride over to Washington (we flew to Cleveland first and then to Washington), she was asking me personal questions, especially questions about my girlfriend and our relationship. I should've seen it coming.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Just confirmed they leave early Saturday morning. So Saturday breakfast... hmmm. I'm not a big breakfast person usually. I think eggs. Maybe an omelette? Never had one before. I'm not a major bacon fan either. It's just not appealing. I could do hash browns, but I don't care that much. French toast would be a great idea, if I could find some Texas bread nearby. HANNAFORD'S! They might have it.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
She was a little weird, but she was good looking and I bet she was wild in the sack. I had her in my palm and let her slip away on the count of the bitch I was in a relationship with which only lasted a couple more months. I wish, upon breaking up, I could've said "Oh yeah?!?!? Remember that business trip I went on with Suzy (not her real name)?? I banged her until the morning!"

lmao

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Okay, so Saturday morning will involve eggs for breakfast, probably with a side of toast. There, Saturday is completed.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Sunday morning, French toast, using Texas bread if I can find it. Sunday for lunch, chicken done in a soy sauce and bourbon recipe, courtesy of Cornbread. I'll side that with more potatoes (i.e. a different recipe from Saturday night). Sunday night, American chop suey, no tomatoes. I'll need to make more sauce for that.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Monday morning. I'd say waffles, and I do love maple syrup, but I inevitably end up with a terrible stomachache. Unless I buy orange juice, that counters it somehow. Waffles might be a bit involved. AH, I know! A bread. That'll serve me breakfast for the next couple days. I think cinnamon swirl sounds good.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Handed out some resumes today. Most of the places I tried though just pointed me online first. Funny even to get a stocking type job they won't accept walk-ins, it's all online.