AT World of Warcraft Thread (Cataclysm, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 206 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Ironically, I still see the same mindsets playing this game all my 8+ years (or however old this game is at this point, I keep forgetting haha.)

Perhaps because I've always considered myself a casual player and only did things I found FUN regardless what the world was doing around me.

I started raiding seriously during my WOTLK run, because by that point I pretty much did everything I wanted to do (craft, explorer the world, grind too many alts, and blah.) There was nothing left for me to do but raid.

My previous attempts at raiding ended horribly because of the elite mindset of raid 5 days a week, four hours a day. That isn't a game - that's a part time job. Eff that I said, grind more alts.

I find it amusing reading comments of people who complain a game is gets boring after you realize they've invested 200-300+ hours considernig the game is only around 400 hours old haha.

I didn't know I can experience THE whole game from a town via queue. I guess I've been grinding my alts wrong. Hell, playing other games I'm glad we have a queue system. I can run off and explore/grind some quests while my DPS toon sits in Queue-Hell. But that's just me, seems I like options. I hated having to wait in town to form a group. Did it add to social interaction? Sure did. "LF1M DPS for X-Dungeon/Instance PST." "Healer, I'll go." "Sorry, just need one more DPS." "okay." Spam that for 20 minutes and deny healers, tanks, and a DPS who wants to bring their healer. Yeah, I sure miss them days, haha.

I get the feeling Panda will be my shortest expansion. Less new content, and once I've had my fill all that will be left is raiding. Woof.

I told you my opinion. I don't play alts. I also concentrate on max level content, even though I haven't raided in years. I don't think everything should be given away - max level character progression taking some time, there is nothing wrong with that. This is my opinion...if you think otherwise , that's great. I won't talk smack about your opinion - I get it, some people prefer different things. Whatever. For the past few weeks all you've done is argue and show animosity, I don't think I like the new side of you. Whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.