AT CS Source Server is now RUNNING. Come join us!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
Power went out... AGAIN!

*sigh*

Server is now back up.

Construction is happening around here at the moment, and it's a new subdivision. So the power won't be reliable for at least another 6 months.

coomar

Banned
Apr 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Kilrsat
I like variety. Italy is cool, as long as its a fairly short time. Spend too long on that map and soon everyone has an AWP and its a major bore. Prodigy is nice for small-to-mid sized groups.

Basically any map that doesn't descend into an awp-whorefest in 5 minutes is cool with me.

One more vote for FF when its working too.

as long as its not an awp fest

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
i wish i had source so i could come in there own all of you than you guys call me a cheater/hax0r and kick/ban me.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
A few people on the server atm, and I'm heading in.... if anyone wants to join us.

I've discussed the map rotation issue with people as they come on the server, and it's pretty clear that a lot of people like the server as a 24/7 office server.

Some, on the other hand, have expressed the desire to have a rotation on the server because they prefer to play with the regulars on the server.

At this point I'm not quite sure what we'll do :p But I'll decide within the next few days.

I doubt a map rotation will end up happening, however, giving admins the power to hold votes on maps is certainly a possibility.

XNice

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Qosis
A few people on the server atm, and I'm heading in.... if anyone wants to join us.

I doubt a map rotation will end up happening, however, giving admins the power to hold votes on maps is certainly a possibility.
I'm goin in now too... and i think a 5 map voting option would be great.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
Server will be down for a day or two while I look into some other options. Unfortuantely the lag at a 66 tick rate has become unbearable.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
Originally posted by: XNice
whats the hardware specs of the machine?

2.4 GHZ w/ 1 gig of ram. It's a bandwidth issue, not a perforamnce issue. CPU usage never goes over 40%, even at max players. It runs Win 2003 Enterprise Edition also to ensure optimal stability.

garkon

Aug 13, 2004
i'll play every now and then, and this will probabaly be the first server i try. Thanks!!

[AT]garkon

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
any updates Qosis? as much of a n00b at CS as i am, i really don't want to play on any other servers! played some deathmatch last night. man is that fun.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: meltdown75
any updates Qosis? as much of a n00b at CS as i am, i really don't want to play on any other servers! played some deathmatch last night. man is that fun.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
There is 2 problems currently.

1) A lack of bandwidth (although, a lot of people have commented that they enjoy the server and they experience no lag at all. So I think at this point we may just have to have the east coasters deal with the lag they get... because the only solution I can see is putting the server somewhere in the middle of the States, which makes little sense because then noone will be getting good pings.

2) In September, I head out of town. I need to figure out a way to be able to restart the computer, anbd get the server running again remotely. There would be someone here who ould reboot it if it froze or something, but they don't have a knowledge of computers beyond pushing the power button.

I'm open to suggestions at this point, as long as number 2 can be dealt withj, I'll ignore the bandwidth issue and put the server back up permanently. The reason it's so importnat to figrure out a solution for number 2 is because if I use the current rig for a server, I have to build another computer to replace that rig. And I don't want to make another rig, then two months down the road when I leave, the server is no longer useable.

SKC

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2001
Wow, I should check software more often. Thanks for setting up this server!

--> [AT] skc