Are you metrosexual?

Nikamichi

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2003
According to UrbanDictionary:

Metrosexual: (noun) Of or pertaining to a straight, urban male who is eager to embrace and even show off his feminine side, especially when it comes to expensive haircuts, designer suits, and $40 face cream.

or

Stylish, urban dwelling straight male, known for his savvy with clothing, his subscription to Kiplinger's, and who has all three of the following in his home:
1. a full set of silverware
2. books on a bookshelf that have actually been read
3. pomade

LSUfan

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Nikamichi

Metrosexual: (noun) Of or pertaining to a straight, urban male who is eager to embrace and even show off his feminine side, especially when it comes to expensive haircuts, designer suits, and $40 face cream.

or

Stylish, urban dwelling straight male, known for his savvy with clothing, his subscription to Kiplinger's, and who has all three of the following in his home:
3. pomade

Then the answer is no.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

or

3. pomade

What the hell is pomade?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Ikonomi
Originally posted by: Mucho
How would you know if you are a metrosexual or not, what is the acid test?

Have you ever been to a spa?

the stuff that George Clooney used on his hair in O brother where art thou. That's pomade. I guess that would make his character in that movie a metrosexual :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I had to look up pomade on dictionary.com, so I don't meet that requirement.
expensive haircuts, designer suits, and $40 face cream
Mrsskoorb does my hair (if she refused, I'd just buzz cut it myself), I buy clothes only when forced to (by Mrsskoorb) and I spend about $40 in a year on all bathroom items (deoderant, shaving creme, etc.).

These guys sound like real nancy boys who need a good ass kicking. What a bunch of pussies!

So, who answered yes? Nobody who answered yes has yet to admit it!

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Not a complete metro, as I don't have the bankroll for that, but I do tend to enjoy a nicer style of living

Torghn

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2001
The worst part is most metrosexuals try too hard and end up looking pretty scary.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
I'm very into clothing, jackets, shoes, etc. I always wear either fibre gel, or styling mud. I'm thin, neat and tidy, like cats, subscribe to Esquire, shop at Ikea, but can't cook. I hate sports, don't know a thing about cars, I help my GF shop for clothes and routinely choose her outfits for a night out.

I also, like tanlines, voluptuous figures, large breasts, legs that go on forever, drinking copious amounts of larger until I puke, Schwartzenegger movies, and comic books, but I've never seen Titanic.

I'm straight as an arrow.

AntMan530

Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Squisher

or

3. pomade

What the hell is pomade?

its like black magic

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: brigden
I'm very into clothing, jackets, shoes, etc. I always wear either fibre gel, or styling mud. I'm thin, neat and tidy, like cats, subscribe to Esquire, shop at Ikea, but can't cook. I hate sports, don't know a thing about cars, I help my GF shop for clothes and routinely choose her outfits for a night out.

I also, like tanlines, voluptuous figures, large breasts, legs that go on forever, drinking copious amounts of larger until I puke, Schwartzenegger movies, and comic books, but I've never seen Titanic.

You also like to wear women's panties.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: coldcut

Hey, your sister's look good on me.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003

She's 300 pounds.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Definately not. I don't have the patience for doing the things that are required to be a metrosexual.

I wear jeans & t-shirts most of the time, get haircuts at a place where one of the barbers is named Bubba, I have 4 pairs of shoes a black pair, a brown pair, a dressy pair, and a pair of boots for when it rains. I'm color stupid, I need I check with my fiancee before we go out,

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002

She's 300 pounds.

Not after I'm done with her she isn't.