Are you metrosexual?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
70,150
3
0
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
 

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
8,702
2
81
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
How does wearing a pink shirt make me appear gay?
 

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
65,469
5
76
No.

I will not be a part of the wussification of the american male. Yes I like art and style. But I still have a pair and don't mind spitting and crotch scratching.
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
How does wearing a pink shirt make me appear gay?
Thats like asking "how does having a collection of monster truck rally ticket stubs make me appear to like monster trucks?"
 

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
8,820
2
81
www.danj.me
I would say I fall into my own category.

No-one can compare me to anyone, not that i know of, I have such a strange personality.

I am fussy about how I look and i like nice clothes etc and yeah, if i go out and my hair looks slightly wrong it will piss me off, but i dont read books or any other crap on the list.

Kthxbye
 

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
70,150
3
0
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
How does wearing a pink shirt make me appear gay?
Thats like asking "how does having a collection of monster truck rally ticket stubs make me appear to like monster trucks?"
Thank you :)
 

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
10,641
1
81
Originally posted by: Nikamichi
According to UrbanDictionary:

Metrosexual: (noun) Of or pertaining to a straight, urban male who is eager to embrace and even show off his feminine side, especially when it comes to expensive haircuts, designer suits, and $40 face cream.

or

Stylish, urban dwelling straight male, known for his savvy with clothing, his subscription to Kiplinger's, and who has all three of the following in his home:
1. a full set of silverware
2. books on a bookshelf that have actually been read
3. pomade
Uh oh....
 

OptimusRhyme

Member
Jan 26, 2002
120
0
0
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
How does wearing a pink shirt make me appear gay?
Thats like asking "how does having a collection of monster truck rally ticket stubs make me appear to like monster trucks?"
No, it isn't. You're claiming that "gay" and "pink" are mutually inclusive. Being a football fan doesn't make you heterosexual, so why should a pink shirt make you homosexual?
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: OptimusRhyme
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
How does wearing a pink shirt make me appear gay?
Thats like asking "how does having a collection of monster truck rally ticket stubs make me appear to like monster trucks?"
No, it isn't. You're claiming that "gay" and "pink" are mutually inclusive. Being a football fan doesn't make you heterosexual, so why should a pink shirt make you homosexual?
I used the word "appear". If you dress like Liberace (sic?), order drinks with little umbrellas in them, and talk with a lisp... it doesnt make you gay. It does make you LOOK (or appear) gay.
 

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
13,990
0
0
Originally posted by: spidey07
No.

I will not be a part of the wussification of the american male. Yes I like art and style. But I still have a pair and don't mind spitting and crotch scratching.
So you're a part of the troglodytation of the American male, an image propogated by sitcoms.
 

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
65,469
5
76
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: spidey07
No.

I will not be a part of the wussification of the american male. Yes I like art and style. But I still have a pair and don't mind spitting and crotch scratching.
So you're a part of the troglodytation of the American male, an image propogated by sitcoms.
who you callin' a troglodyte or trilobyte or terabyte or whatever? wanna fight?
;)
 

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
70,150
3
0
Originally posted by: Mookow<brI used the word "appear". If you dress like Liberace (sic?), order drinks with little umbrellas in them, and talk with a lisp... it doesnt make you gay. It does make you LOOK (or appear) gay.
True. Just because somebody for some reason thinks that wearing a pink shirt makes them look like a manly man doesn't change the fact that most guys will consider such clothes fruity. It's pretty simple. If you see a guy with a lisp, limp hands, and tight leather pants he appears gay, doesn't he? Pink shirt is part of that. Obviously those two guys had reason to get the impression.

 

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
7,962
2
0
Originally posted by: Joeyman
Originally posted by: Nikamichi
According to UrbanDictionary:

Metrosexual: (noun) Of or pertaining to a straight, urban male who is eager to embrace and even show off his feminine side, especially when it comes to expensive haircuts, designer suits, and $40 face cream.

or

Stylish, urban dwelling straight male, known for his savvy with clothing, his subscription to Kiplinger's, and who has all three of the following in his home:
1. a full set of silverware
2. books on a bookshelf that have actually been read
3. pomade
Uh oh....
lol, I'm in the same boat as you. No full set of silverware here though so I'm good :p Also, I drive a 98 F150 4x4, live in the country, and live for football season so I think I'm pretty safe :p
 

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
29,033
6
81
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.
How does not caring about a $40 face creme mean that I don't like the finer things in life? Also, I don't like monster trucks.
How does wearing a pink shirt make me appear gay?
because it's pink, dumbass...

 

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
2,808
0
0
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
I would say I fall into my own category.

No-one can compare me to anyone, not that i know of, I have such a strange personality.

I am fussy about how I look and i like nice clothes etc and yeah, if i go out and my hair looks slightly wrong it will piss me off, but i dont read books or any other crap on the list.
Ah.... you're a bimbo then.

Or it sure sounds like it to me ;)
 

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
4,040
2
0
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
I would say I fall into my own category.
No offense, but spend a night in Hollywood. Anyone who thinks their all special quickly finds out they are just incidental clones.
 

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
8,702
2
81
I'll tell you what: I'll stand beside any one of you in my tailored pink shirt and we'll see who is considered the most attractive and best-dressed.
 

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
65,469
5
76
Originally posted by: brigden
I'll tell you what: I'll stand beside any one of you in my tailored pink shirt and we'll see who is considered the most attractive and best-dressed.
Pink shirt.

repeat after me.

Pink shirt.

looking like a girl does NOT mean you are attractive.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY