AOC nails it again

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Only the pres needs to be 35 I thought?
The 12th amendment makes it so you can't be VP unless you meet the requirements to be president. ("But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.")

Reactions: Fenixgoon

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Wish Porter was the new face of the party over AOC and the squad. Yes passionate each of the squad. But they let emotions get in front of their mouth. Porter is far far more articulate and not a hot head.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Wish Porter was the new face of the party over AOC and the squad. Yes passionate each of the squad. But they let emotions get in front of their mouth. Porter is far far more articulate and not a hot head.
I think AOC rarely puts her foot in her mouth regardless of how passionate. She puts her foot in her mouth less than most "calculating" types.

Reactions: Burpo and Muse

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
CNN: Rep. Ted Yoho resigns from board of Christian organization following AOC incident.

Forcefully resigned from hunger fighting org

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
CNN: Rep. Ted Yoho resigns from board of Christian organization following AOC incident.

Forcefully resigned from hunger fighting org

now he just needs to resign from congress altogether...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
After her interaction with Yolo she's the hothead???

Ooops I mean Yoo-hoo

Ooops I mean Yahoo

Reactions: ch33zw1z

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Wut?

Feb 4, 2009
This is the difference between a Sincere Apology and an Apology just to do it.

If Yoho issued a sincere apology without the typical political wiggle room he would be in much better shape today and I believe AOC would accept and thank him for the apology.

For some reason the majority of Republicans have trouble stating clear and sincere apologies. I’m guessing that has to do with the people who vote for them, see Obama’s “Apology Tour” or see a potential future “Biden Apology Tour”.

Super simple example:
Yoho: “I am sorry for my behavior it was far out of bounds and disrespectful to you (AOC). You and I are colleagues I should have behaved better around you. I do not anticipate doing that again.

or give a reason:

I was particularly upset about x, y and z and I wrongly took my frustration out on you (AOC)

The bullshit he came up with by essentially saying he doesn’t remember using those words and *if* he did they weren’t directed at her is a sniveling way of avoiding the purpose of the apology.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
This is the difference between a Sincere Apology and an Apology just to do it.

If Yoho issued a sincere apology without the typical political wiggle room he would be in much better shape today and I believe AOC would accept and thank him for the apology.

For some reason the majority of Republicans have trouble stating clear and sincere apologies. I’m guessing that has to do with the people who vote for them, see Obama’s “Apology Tour” or see a potential future “Biden Apology Tour”.

Super simple example:
Yoho: “I am sorry for my behavior it was far out of bounds and disrespectful to you (AOC). You and I are colleagues I should have behaved better around you. I do not anticipate doing that again.

or give a reason:

I was particularly upset about x, y and z and I wrongly took my frustration out on you (AOC)

The bullshit he came up with by essentially saying he doesn’t remember using those words and *if* he did they weren’t directed at her is a sniveling way of avoiding the purpose of the apology.

Like I said. But apparently him and the other guy ran into Bill Cosby or the Men in Black.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
AOC scares Trump, that's why he attacks her so viciously. He hates all competent women, probably a deep seated issue in his psychic because he is incompetent, and deep down he knows that.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
AOC scares Trump, that's why he attacks her so viciously. He hates all competent women, probably a deep seated issue in his psychic because he is incompetent, and deep down he knows that.
That sounds a lot like a certain poster here as well.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

He has so damn many psychological 'issues'. He's kind of fascinating in that respect. What kind of society seeks out the most psychologically-dysfunctional and damaged person they can find and puts him in charge?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'd vote for her as president in the future, maybe 2028?

Oh yeah.... AOC is the future and as well for those like her. Just needs a bit more focusing and experience and she'll be ready to go for the presidency. She can raise my taxes any time. :p

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
He has so damn many psychological 'issues'. He's kind of fascinating in that respect. What kind of society seeks out the most psychologically-dysfunctional and damaged person they can find and puts him in charge?
That's what "home of the brave" means now. Let's put someone with obvious psyche problems in mental decline in the seat to lead the nation. Let's blame others, and I'll bring the popcorn.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
6gb2TGu.png

IvKhtah.png

She nails it yet again, centrists and dino's will keep saying the progressive wing of the party is the reason the Democrats will lose seats in 2022
LZLh2VW.png

brLyHt8.png

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
6gb2TGu.png

IvKhtah.png

She nails it yet again, centrists and dino's will keep saying the progressive wing of the party is the reason the Democrats will lose seats in 2022
LZLh2VW.png

brLyHt8.png

Yet Progressives didn't do all that great down ballot in 2020, and will probably have an even worse performance in 2022.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Are you sure about that?

Yes, as well as last month. And they will have a repeat performance in 2022.

That doesn't mean I disagree with AOCs statement about right wing media weaponizing certain words/topics. But to act like the progressive wing of the Democratic faction are saviors or even widely liked is a fallacy.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yes, as well as last month. And they will have a repeat performance in 2022.

That doesn't mean I disagree with AOCs statement about right wing media weaponizing certain words/topics. But to act like the progressive wing of the Democratic faction are saviors or even widely liked is a fallacy.
Yet when Democrats run on liberal economic policies, they win. When they fail to deliver on those liberal economic policies, they get thrown out on their asses.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
AOC on a presidential ticket?

When President Biden chose Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate, I did not jump for joy. She was a reliable Dem vote in the Senate. But women demanded a female running mate, which I heartily endorsed as well.

And too many Blacks screamed that they wanted this woman to be Black. Which I did not necessarily agree with. I could care less. I just wanted someone who could push Joltin' Joe over the top.

I actually preferred Stacey Abrams. To me, Abrams is much more versed in voting matters, she is personable and lacks the baggage of being a prosecutor with claims hanging over her of withholding evidence and being tone deaf to Accused of Color.

I admire AOC, but I believe she is still roundly disliked in many circles. And one cannot dismiss that when it comes to a national election.

The problem was AOC seemed so ambitious in the beginning. Nothing wrong with that. But she can was incredibly presumptuous at times.

When the Dems reclaimed the House in 2018, AOC thought her little rooftop dance qualified her to be elected Speaker of the House. She seemed to want the post despite not having much experience in negotiating. Just showboating.

About a year later, AOC took it upon herself to try to end President Trump's government shutdown. So, she proceeded on an angry stomp to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's office to give him a piece of her mind. She never found him. Dear old Mitch was apparently hiding in a Senate lounge.

Why AOC thought she could end Trump's shutdown with grandstanding is beyond me. But methinks it was ego and constant reading the adoring missives of her wide-eyed fans. It took Speaker Pelosi handing Trump his lunch, (after first garnering support for her move), to end the government shutdown.

This is what I see is wrong with a lot of Progressives: Separating themselves and grandstanding. But hey, it may work in the end. So far, it hasn't.

The Infrastructure bill will be credited to President Biden just as the Affordable Care Act is considered the baby of President Obama.

Many forget that there are many in this country who may not care for mindless bluster and B.S. Even though it seems to work on many. I prefer the calm, measured and understated way.

AOC's time is coming. I am sure of it. And she would be delightful on a Dem ticket. And she makes perfect sense when she talks or pontificates.

Even though AOC's looks should not matter, the young woman is pretty. Forgive me for saying that, but I am a retired portrait photographer. (Self-taught)

AOC also speaks decent Spanish. It's not perfect. But it should be enough to draw many Latinos into the Big Blue Tent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amenx